May have a fake GS1000

Kona Blue

Reaction score
I recently purchase a dashcam from eBay and wish I had found this great site first before buying. The unit looks like a GS1000 with a blue screen and the firmware is 20120712. The video output is not too bad and I was wondering if this is a real unit and can the firmware be updated. Thanks for any advice.

impossible to say what you have without some further info, a link to what you purchased, a screenshot, sample file etc

my advice though, don't try updating the firmware unless you get the file from the supplier of your camera, very good chance you'll render it useless if you have the wrong file

I have included a scan of the manual if that would help to identify the item as there is no model number.

Attachments

• DashCam.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 16
if it looks like the picture it's one of the cheap generic ones, which one is anyone's guess

I went to my eBay account and found the following and if the price is any indication then I would have to say it is a fake

CHIC! Full HD 1080P G-sensor Car Dvr camera HDMI vehicle ... (390515548858)
nouvellecasa | 8717 | 98.5%
Sale date: 07/01/13

Price = $38.52

Thanks

I appreciate the help and for now I am satisfied with the product since I have nothing to compare it to.

Back