mini0803 firmware update to 0812 version -MEGtech

Has the START-UP issue been sorted on this update ?

I think he is talking about the stuck on startup with continuous sound.
I have encountered this issue today with this firmware, so it is not fixed !

Last edited:
Every so often, when it starts up it freezes at the start-up screen and makes a noise. Not even holding the on/off button will stop it, you have to leave it until the battery runs flat.

I have noticed that it seems to happen when I start the engine while the unit is still loading, if I wait until the unit is recording or unplug it before I start the engine it seems ok, did notice that the power to the plug goes off for a few seconds while the engine is starting(maybe it is this short break in power loss that causes it to freeze). Have been doing it this way for a month and so far no freezes.

It not only happens when starting the engine.
I have reproduced this issue by plugging the power cable as the engine was already running.

I can always shutdown by pressing power button 15-20s

GPS Speed stamp is on by default? because I don't see the option for enable or disable this option.

Regards.

Did some testing below on the new firmware, my comments are below, I have the 2 card non GPS version.

1, add VIDEO ROTATION (UP-SIDE-DOWN) - Not tested but the option is in the menu.
2, add KEY BEEP (on, off) - No option in the menu so cant possibly work. The startup and shutdown tones still can not be turned off either.
3, add GPS SPEED STAMP (for the guys who want a speed mark on video) - I have the non GPS version so not able to test.
4, revise the MIC MUTE function - Still does not work and the non muted volume is as loud as ever.....how hard can this be?
5, set the MOTION DETECTION to be HIGH - I don't use this feature so not tested.
6, codes optimization - Will have to take their word for this but when comparing old and new video clips i see no difference.

I am going to reload the old modified firmware my camera was on before this as I see no improvements for me.

3, I have GPS module and I don't see the GPS SPEED STAMP in the videos.

Then only are true 1 and 5, others are fake? o_O
I do not want to call anyone a liar but it seems that if so.

3, I have GPS module and I don't see the GPS SPEED STAMP in the videos.

Then only are true 1 and 5, others are fake? o_O
I do not want to call anyone a liar but it seems that if so.
I guess it is a mistake, not a lie. What I don't understand is why nothing has been done about it yet, and why no message from the OP.

Maybe nobody took any notice of the first post?

"please report the bugs you found to rayman@megcn.com", this will help us a lot. Thanks>

Already reported it to that email address a week ago but got no response yet

have in russian translite 2 times датчик движения and on boot or shotdown is freeze need to hold power button for ~15 sec

Attachments

• DSC_0597.JPG
    DSC_0597.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to update my Mini0803 and cannot get it to update. Followed all instructions that I can find @ https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0803/#Firmware_Update_Instructions but cannot get it to start. I have the correct file and it is named firmware.bin. It's in the root of the freshly formatted SD card.

I guess I am not the only one:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/firmware-not-updating.7247/

What am I missing?
Format card with 0803 format option, then put tu pc and write firmware.bin (check twise the file name), then try to update.
Write the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every so often, when it starts up it freezes at the start-up screen and makes a noise. Not even holding the on/off button will stop it, you have to leave it until the battery runs flat.

I have noticed that it seems to happen when I start the engine while the unit is still loading, if I wait until the unit is recording or unplug it before I start the engine it seems ok,

I had this happen to me as well. Was working on shooting some review footage. I plug my cameras into a splitter with a switch. I think I flipped the switch to power it up and then started my car and had this same issue. Had to let the camera die.

Back