Mobius requests

What if other dashcam developers taking action faster than Mobius regarding the "requests" ?;)

But for a consumer, I will be happy, no matter who can make our "dreams" come true...

Photosbykev,

We are looking at two very different aspects of shooting timelapse videos and what they would be used for. In your case, it would be timelapse for a video production. In the case I'm thinking of it would be for a security camera that covers my front driveway area.

If my wife doesn't stop me, I plan on shooting a timelapse video on our next road trip to Idaho in the summer of 2014. At 1 frame per 10 seconds, the whole trip will be about 4.5 minutes for a 30p video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Photosbykev,

We are looking at two very different aspects of shooting timelapse videos and what they would be used for. In your case, it would be timelapse for a video production. In the case I'm thinking of it would be for a security camera that covers my front driveway area.

If my wife doesn't stop me, I plan on shooting a timelapse video on our next road trip to Idaho in the summer of 2014. At 1 frame per 10 seconds, the whole trip will be about 4.5 minutes for a 30p video.
It sounds like you need video based motion detection :) or simply put a passive IR detector in line with the power supply to the Mobius, if the PIR detects movement it turns the camera on.

regards
Kev

The problem with long wave, Far IR (heat) detection is glass does NOT allow this wavelength to pass through. The shorter wave, Near IR passes through glass very well. Sadly, the passive IR uses the long wave, Far IR.

The problem with long wave, Far IR (heat) detection is glass does NOT allow this wavelength to pass through. The shorter wave, Near IR passes through glass very well. Sadly, the passive IR uses the long wave, Far IR.
yes you are correct, sorry the way you were phrasing the posts led me to think you wanted to install a static camera overlooking the driveway and the car rather than use one in the car.

merry xmas
Kev

Photosbykev,

I'm thinking of using both set-ups. Currently I have one for the car as the dask-cam AND if the firmware would work the way I wish it could, I'd get a second camera to overlook the driveway.

Photosbykev,

I tried this on a 3200 mile drive, but had recurring problems with the camera turning itself off.

I am a new user. I have three Mobius in my car as dash cams but I also use the Mobius as an action cam. My request may be crazy but I present it to you for consideration and comments: The image quality of the Mobius is excellent when the camera is not moving i.e. stationary and fixed. However, I have discovered that as an action cam, when the cam is in motion or it is recording moving objects, the 1080p30 mode is not clear enough. There is too much blurring of the objects. I would like to suggest the option to record in 1080p60 mode. If there is another way I can achieve the same objective without 1080p60, please let me know. And thank you for taking my suggestion into consideration.

Chipset is not 1080p60 capable, are you sure your mount is solid?

Oh, yes, the mount is very solid. Thank you for your super-quick reply. I am curious, your title says 'Manufacturer'. Are you the actual manufacturer of the Mobius?

Not for this product no, I'm familiar with their hardware platform though

It really shouldn't have issues if the mount is solid

Not for this product no, I'm familiar with their hardware platform though

It really shouldn't have issues if the mount is solid

I think I know what John Smith is referring to, I've noticed the same. I simply pause the footage if I need to see extra detail (eg. read a number plate) - that makes a huge difference to the clarity for me.

A polarizing filter, same size as the lens cap.........in fact, build it into the lens cap

A polarizing filter, same size as the lens cap.........in fact, build it into the lens cap
You can buy the lens caps, get yourself some cheap 3d glasses from a cinema and make one yourself for very little outlay. (Another person has already made one that way.) I'm using a B+W polarising filter that's designed for mobile phones- there's a post on here elsewhere.

Would like to see programming interface showing set on/off per power up AND motion detect activation possible at the same time. When you select Motion Detect to ON the other screen where
you set it to turn off/on via 5V is grayed out.

Also, fix bug where filming in Motion Detect and unplugging from power that the camera will power down (it currently runs until battery drained).

Last edited:
I tested a litle bit the motion detect feature........

- when camera is in motion detect standby and the power is cut, the camera will power off (according to "Auto Off with External Power disconnected" parameter)
- when camera is recording and the power is cut it will not shutdown. I consider this a bug, but I don't really care. @Isoprop maybe you want to look into this? (I attached my configuration).
Would like to see programming interface showing set on/off per power up AND motion detect activation possible at the same time. When you select Motion Detect to ON the other screen where
you set it to turn off/on via 5V is grayed out.

Also, fix bug where filming in Motion Detect and unplugging from power that the camera will power down (it currently runs until battery drained).
When motion detect is enabled and you connect external power the camera will automatically go into motion detect stand by mode and wait for motion. That's why power-on auto-record is disabled.
The same happens if you turn on the camera without external power.
Motion-detect overrides the power-on auto-record, and that's how motion detect should work!
The power-off standby is also correct. It would defeat the whole purpose of motion detect if you could set the camera to turn off after, say, 1 minute of no activity.

I have reported the discrepancy when unplugging power during motion detect and motion detect standby, so that will most likely be fixed soon.

Thank you very much I get it now. LOVE the Mobius and own three already. Also own a 350qx Quad that I'll finally put one of these cameras onto when the weather warms up a bit.

The issue I have is that setting the exposure at a higher level makes the video in daylight way too overexposed, and I can't fiddle around with settings while driving, besides my mobile phone has no OTG, so even if I would, I could'nt.

I drive from night to day, and from day to night, so either I need an automatic feauture (that isn't in the Mobius), or the developper should implement it in the VIDEO SETTINGS 1 and 2, so if I switch from 1 to 2, with the exposure setting preset there, I can decide which one to use just by pressing the buttons.......

Maybe the VIDEO SETTINGS 1 and 2 could even hold more choices like color, W/B etc. Or let the user choose for each setting in the UI, if it should apply to VIDEO SETTINGS 1 or 2 ......

Even better would be to, if the UI is started, give the user the choice what VIDEO SETING needs to be changed, 1 or 2, then you could really make it completely user definable.

That would be really nice....

Back