Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I dont think its going to be couple of month, probably 1-2 weeks max.
Mobius pre-release info leak was nearly 2 month before it was available to public.
The Mobius was only announced early because of the #26. ;) The developer wanted it's development kept secret as long as possible, but after the #26 was announced and it's shortcomings were immediately evident, it was found appropriate to announce that a more advanced camera with better hardware and much better firmware was in the pipeline. When the Mobius was released it already had more features than the #26, despite the ~2 months lead the #26 initially had.
I think that's the big difference in the two development teams. The #18 team like to announce things as early as possible whereas the #16 team prefer to wait until their product is ready.
The C1 will have a hard start competing against the Mobius, so it will certainly be interesting to see how it measures up. I'm surprised they are selling it ~40% more expensive than the Mobius. I'm sure that will put off a lot of potential customers.

I mentioned this in a recent post but it seems worthy of repeating it again in the context of this thread. It should be remembered that the Innovv is being brought to us by the developers of the 808 #18 DR32 who sold many of us a camera with both mechanical and firmware based audio problems and what has apparently turned out to be a firmware based red color smear issue. They promptly provided an initial firmware upgrade (edit: update) that partially addressed the audio problem but never followed up with any further updates to fully resolve issues or provide newer features such as image rotation that became available in the next production run of the camera. If you bought a DR32 with a bad microphone you are stuck with it unless you have the skills to replace the existing one on your own. Even before the Innovv is available for testing and review, many of us would be disinclined to buy another product from this firm.

Last edited:
Just to echo what dashmellow said & to make a correction "They promptly provided an initial firmware upgrade" - In mid April (iirc), the manufacturers uploaded a firmware update, only recently do we discover how to view the f/w screen that gives us this information - and discover the firmware is dated JANUARY.
So, rather than give us an upgrade, it seems to me that they simply send us some original f/w to reinstall.

This is an absolutely appalling move from a manufacturer - you have our product, we have your cash & it'll cost you too much to send it back to us therefore you are stuck with our crappy product.
It shows a complete disregard for the customer.

Again, as dashmellow said - "many of us would be disinclined to buy another product from this firm" - and let's hope that anyone considering buying their products sees this thread first & shies away from them.

I mentioned this in a recent post but it seems worthy of repeating it again in the context of this thread. It should be remembered that the Innovv is being brought to us by the developers of the 808 #18 DR32 who sold many of us a camera with both mechanical and firmware based audio problems

If you listen to the night video audio recording, then It one of the best and clearest voice recordings I ever had experienced in any dash cam based on NT96650 + AR0330 and it for sure better than Mobius one I also tested.
All other options on how good / bad Innovv will perform - it is early to say. Maybe they have learned from past mistakes and move on with something better ?, - NOBODY KNOWS at this stage. As I mentioned many times, - all those judgements are speculative at this stage. Let's just wait until it will be released and tested side by side with Mobius and other dash / action cameras in same category.

I mentioned this in a recent post but it seems worthy of repeating it again in the context of this thread. It should be remembered that the Innovv is being brought to us by the developers of the 808 #18 DR32 who sold many of us a camera with both mechanical and firmware based audio problems and what has apparently turned out to be a firmware based red color smear issue. They promptly provided an initial firmware upgrade that partially addressed the audio problem but never followed up with any further updates to fully resolve issues or provide newer features such as image rotation that became available in the next production run of the camera. If you bought a DR32 with a bad microphone you are stuck with it unless you have the skills to replace the existing one on your own. Even before the Innovv is available for testing and review, many of us would be disinclined to buy another product from this firm.
You're not alone there! I feel I have been completely let down on my #18s and even my #11s by this developer. That is also a reason I stayed well clear of their #26. However, it seems they have finally found a partner who, hopefully, will ensure that their customers aren't neglected like in the past. Their blog shows us that they admit their past mistakes and will try better in the future. I hope it's not only words.
I have been so burned by this team in the past that I will not be buying another product from them, but I do believe they deserve a third (or fourth ?;)) chance.

Again, as dashmellow said - "many of us would be disinclined to buy another product from this firm" - and let's hope that anyone considering buying their products sees this thread first & shies away from them.

Innovv is not exactly considered same #18 team ( if you read blog ). It comes from different ( separate ) developer, who knows past problems and who wants to make things better. As mentioned, - it is early to say how good or bad will be product. Never say never. Let's just wait.

You're not alone there! I feel I have been completely let down on my #18s and even my #11s by this developer. That is also a reason I stayed well clear of their #26. However, it seems they have finally found a partner who, hopefully, will ensure that their customers aren't neglected like in the past. Their blog shows us that they admit their past mistakes and will try better in the future. I hope it's not only words.
I have been so burned by this team in the past that I will not be buying another product from them, but I do believe they deserve a third (or fourth ?;)) chance.

Thats exactly what I have wrote at the same time when you were writing. Fully agree with what you wrote.

If you listen to the night video audio recording, then It one of the best and clearest voice recordings I ever had experienced in any dash cam based on NT96650 + AR0330 and it for sure better than Mobius one I also tested.
All other options on how good / bad Innovv will perform - it is early to say. Maybe they have learned from past mistakes and move on with something better ?, - NOBODY KNOWS at this stage. As I mentioned many times, - all those judgements are speculative at this stage. Let's just wait until it will be released and tested side by side with Mobius and other dash / action cameras in same category.
I'm rather surprised you say the audio is better than in the Mobius. First of all, recordings must be made at the same time and under the same condition for any comparison to be meaningful.
Secondly, unless the C1 uses an independently designed audio circuit, which I doubt, then the only difference can be in the microphone used. As you most likely know, the NT96650 has it's own integrated audio circuit with virtually no tweaking possibilities. That is also the reason the Mobius has no volume control. We tested different volume levels and noticed absolutely no difference. As a consequence, there is no volume control in the Mobius' firmware. If it is proved that the C1 does indeed use a microphone which produces better sound, then I'm sure the Mobius developer will adopt the same microphone for his future models.

I'm rather surprised you say the audio is better than in the Mobius. First of all, recordings must be made at the same time and under the same condition for any comparison to be meaningful.
Secondly, unless the C1 uses an independently designed audio circuit, which I doubt, then the only difference can be in the microphone used. As you most likely know, the NT96650 has it's own integrated audio circuit with virtually no tweaking possibilities. That is also the reason the Mobius has no volume control. We tested different volume levels and noticed absolutely no difference. As a consequence, there is no volume control in the Mobius' firmware. If it is proved that the C1 does indeed use a microphone which produces better sound, then I'm sure the Mobius developer will adopt the same microphone for his future models.

Mayby different microphone used, maybe also alumibum casing plays some small role vs Mobius plastic case for sound recording, ... there are a lot of "maybe"-s, so I agree with you and myself also supporter of ONLY side by side comparison. Until then there can be only "maybe, if, I guess, etc."

Just to echo what dashmellow said & to make a correction "They promptly provided an initial firmware upgrade" - In mid April (iirc), the manufacturers uploaded a firmware update, only recently do we discover how to view the f/w screen that gives us this information - and discover the firmware is dated JANUARY.
So, rather than give us an upgrade, it seems to me that they simply send us some original f/w to reinstall.

This is an absolutely appalling move from a manufacturer - you have our product, we have your cash & it'll cost you too much to send it back to us therefore you are stuck with our crappy product.
It shows a complete disregard for the customer.

Sludgeguts, you are quite right. The word "upgrade" was a misstatement on my part that I noticed and was aware of. I was going to change it later when I had some time to get back to my computer but I meant to say update in the first place. Interestingly, the company's willingness to address early issues seemed promising. Remember how fast they offered a smaller mounting option when there were complaints that the first one was way too big? It was shortly after that the firmware "update" was provided, so it "seemed" prompt. The fact that it is dated January but only released in mid-April means they were well aware of the problems before they even released the camera. Gotta' wonder what firmware is on the unit they sent Techmoan for review?

I agree with niko and isoprop about giving these guys a chance to see how the Innovv roll-out pans out. Competition is ultimately good for the consumer and the rivalry between Mobius and Innovv may lead to some interesting innovations down the line.

As for the DR32, I basically really like the camera as it has its merits. The first one they sent me was DOA and they let me keep it and sent another. The DOA one has a useless menu system that beeps and jumps up and down the menu randomly on its own and won't let you enter anything for the most part but it does actually shoot video when you power it up. I've had a lot of fun experimenting with it and recently put a much wider lens on it I bought cheap on eBay along with an IR filter scavenged from another old dashcam lens. When I have some time I may post some footage. The other DR32 is currently retired but I have some plans to see what I can do with this one too.

It must be unusually good. I'm impressed by the audio quality of my Mobius, which is better than I expected. Conversations between my girlfriend & I are crystal clear, as is the ticking of the indicators, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My Mobius also has excellent audio; almost too good. What I mean is that the microphone is exceptionally sensitive. At the moment I am running a Mobius and a GT300W front/rear and when I play the footage on my computer I always have to turn down the default volume for the Mobius versus the same audio source for the GT300W when played in Quicktime or VLC. The audio on the GT300W is also decent BTW.

Last edited:
OK, I understand that regarding the design the job is done, but I think we can ask some things at least regarding the cables or the mount:
a.) longer USB charger cable
b.) 90 degrees angled USB charger cable
c.) smallest windshield mount (even a radar detector mount style which is perfect for this camera type)
d.) "Mount & Connect" mount (Active mount) (Powered mount)

Regarding firmware we can have hopes for some GUI setting tool to help us customize the camera.
I made a topic about Mobius requests which can be valid also for Innovv but I saw for C1 I hadn't any feedback on my latest idea called G-Sensor Mode which make the difference between Innovv and Mobius.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Radar detector mount.JPG
    Radar detector mount.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 17
niko, Thanks for the link to the source video files. I did look at several of the video files and overall it looks good. The dynamic range didn't seem as high as the Mobius, some of the shots with things in shadow went to black and no detail could be seen. The night shot looked good, but I would have liked to see the shots in areas without so many city lights to help with the shot.

It's a given that the first person on this forum who gets the camera and writes up their results will have everyone's attention. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
niko, Thanks for the link to the source video files. I did look at several of the video files and overall it looks good. The dynamic range didn't seem as high as the Mobius, some of the shots with things in shadow went to black and no detail could be seen. The night shot looked good, but I would have liked to see the shots in areas without so many city lights to help with the shot.

It's a given that the first person on this forum who gets the camera and writes up their results will have everyone's attention. :p

I agree with you @ " ... I would have liked to see the shots in areas without so many city lights to help with the shot. "
Both dash cameras ( Mobius vs Innovv ) should be tested side by side at the same time, in same light conditions, ONLY then we can tell about who's dynamic range / AWB / EV etc. values are better. Until then all suggestions are speculative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but even side by side we can have an explanation to wait because the firmware is not ready. Another reason for Mobius to improve the low light quality recordings in about... 1 week? Tomorrow is the end of the month and at least one seller promised can ship the camera. No?
I remember some youtube video about Mobius heat problems. I don't think heat is a real problem for both cameras but if one unlucky user uploaded the video on internet with this problem will be very hard for any camera developer to prove their camera have not any problems from some online videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

New interesting articles has been posted in the Blog section:

interesting article, Huaqiangbei is a cespool of varying degrees of quality, predominantly low end, for the author to state though "On the other side of the coin, Apple , Samsung, Huwei, Sony and many others have most of their products made within this area. And because the advantages of design, development, technology, manufacturing process and supply chain, no other place can compete" sounds like they are trying to associate these names with Huaqiangbei, you'll find these products selling within Huaqiangbei sure but to imply that Huaqiangbei is somehow connected in design, development and technology of these brands though is a long way from being correct

spend any time in Huaqiangbei and you can look and see just about any electronic product, no doubt spending time in the area could spark some design ideas, I can't see it being much beyond that though and I'm not sure why they want to associate so much of what they are doing with the location

If clothing- footware outlet is THE place for most women to spend their quality time there, then Huaqiangbei would be A Paradise for gadget-geeks :). Never been there, only heard and read stories.

Back