Mobius

since this is mainly an action sport cam,

can this be configured to "set and forget" ie, auto start record when the car starts, auto loop, and auto shutoff when 12v power is off?

Yes all that you mentioned

Evan55 said:
since this is mainly an action sport cam, can this be configured to "set and forget" ie, auto start record when the car starts, auto loop, and auto shutoff when 12v power is off?

It will be marketed as an action cam but it has all the essential features to be used as a dash cam, mounts included.

Hey,
Just to let you all know that www.JooVuu.com is now stocking the following accessories:
- Car mount
- Bike mount
- Helmet mount (3rd party soon to be Mobius supplier)
- Car charger
- Mini Tripod

We also have MicroSD cards available and as we are in the EU we can ship to you within 3 days or so with no taxes etc. At the moment we are offering free shipping on all orders with a Mobius!

Any questions please ask.

Kind regards,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I want to buy this cam to use as a dashcam but for a Europeam road Trip. Therefore I would need this cam to record continuously until the card is full and then NOT start to overwrite the footage. Ideally also an indication of when the card is full would be nice so I can swap it out for the next.

Is anyone able to confirm if this feature exists?

Many thanks

Tom

Yes you can!
And by the way loop mode is off by default.

Thanks for the reply.

How do you know when the card is full and recording is stopped?

Re: AW: Mobius Action Camera

I would guess the blink goes back ti steady light.
You did not watch the video review above, correct?

I've been using the Mobius as a dashcam for 2 weeks and I'm very happy with it. The GUI makes changing settings very easy. Very small yet excellent 1080p30 quality.

Compared it to a GoPro Hero 3 we have in the office yesterday. Mobius exposure was better with its WDR on, and a decent field of view. GoPro colours were better but FOV too wide for my liking. Didn't notice much difference in detail or quality.

I am also happy with the Mobius cam. I can configure setting using PC or my tablet.

I'm a truck driver and drive another truck every day, so I was using my mobile phone as a dashcam since that is what I always carry around anyways, and to be honest that is still my biggest wish to get that working with acceptable quality, as my phone does 720p and not always in 30fps, sometimes drops to 14fps, not to mention low light recordings being horrible.... !

But for the time being I got só fed up with all the errors (spontaneous restarts, freezing, camera inaccessabillity issues and mediocre quality), that I wanted to have something dedicated, small & lightweight (another thingie to carry around), 1080p, and good night recording (city at night) but wasn't prepared to pay >100 USD for a temp solution.

I WAS interested in the 808 #26, but I hesitated because it's close to 100 usd, and there were still some issues I didn't like, so in the end I bought the Mobius for 69 USD (and there were no duties to be paid either!) from eletoponline365 after watching Techmoans review.

So, what can I say? Great picture quality, easy operation, quick install and uninstall, no errors so far, great support from developer and user forums, easy PC connection for transfer, easy setup GUI, loads of setup options like AUTO START / STOP with car power ON/OFF, LOOP recording etc etc etc.

And let's not forget the great night recording quality. Don't be mistaken: it's not perfect; I know it's not a night vision camera, and as any other camera it NEEDS light to record anything, so also this one suffers from low light (graining), but I am very pleased with what it comes up with. Here's a night sample I placed on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXN6jHTWw5o (watch until the end, where the street lights end... gotta love that!)

I have an old car and the lights are turned down too much, so with modern car and lights it even gets better....! Besidesd don't forget that the clips on Youtube suffer from quality loss, so on my PC it looks even much better.

And yes I need to clean my windshield....

and here's one where I turn the car towards a low sitting bright sun, and still you can see everything thats going on, brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LW_fo4lGvo (check from recording time 20:57 lower left in picture)

With the camera's mount cradle I can simply quick install on any 1/4" dashboard or windshield tripod mount, start up the truck and be on my way!

For obviuos reasons I didn't took clips from my working time in the truck, but from my private car.

:D

What more can I want!?!?

Cudos!

TOPTIP 1: when transferring files from camera to PC, don't delete the files on the camera, because it will restart count on 0001, that may be annoying when copying files to the same directory each time (overwrite YES/NO)....!!

TOPTIP 2: use the android setup configuration app from therau2000 (check PlayStore) if you have an Android device with USB OTG/Host mode for reconfig when you are O(n)T(he)G(o)..... !!

Quick question to see if this final feature I'm looking for is there.

On your website it says 4 video cycle times. I'm trying to figure out if it means what my question is. Does this camera have a delayed off feature for when my car is turned off and the power to the camera stops? I'm hoping the cycle times is that. If so, does max go until the battery dies?

haven't looked at it but cycle time would normally refer to the file size for recycling purposes, usually shown in minutes, 1, 2, 5, 10 etc, it varies by manufacturer, they do this to break the video into manageable sizes (can be stitched back together later, seamlessly on most cameras) and to aid file handling when the memory card fills up and it starts deleting the oldest files first

avneet said:
Quick question to see if this final feature I'm looking for is there.

On your website it says 4 video cycle times. I'm trying to figure out if it means what my question is. Does this camera have a delayed off feature for when my car is turned off and the power to the camera stops? I'm hoping the cycle times is that. If so, does max go until the battery dies?

Let's put it this way, it can function 100% like a normal dash cam does or you can turn it on and off manually.
There is no delayed off setting other than the built in 10-15 seconds after you power off the car (Assuming you set the camera to Auto power On and Off)

The four video cycle lengths are 3, 5, 10 and 15min. There is a 1sec overlap when using these options to ensure no action is missed. If you select "max" the camera will keep recording until the file reaches 4gb, the duration of which will depend on the size/quality/fps settings. There may then be a short pause while the file is written before another recording commences.

You can download the free GUI program to try without a camera attached, which lets you see all the settings and help files etc. It is available here:
http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

really a small one, may I know what chip this unit use? and how's the working temperature??( overheat issue happens on tiny devices usually)

The camera has heatsinks which are visible on the underside (when mounted on a windscreen). These get hot, as expected. I've not read any reports of any problems due to overheating.

Tokai said:
really a small one, may I know what chip this unit use? and how's the working temperature??( overheat issue happens on tiny devices usually)

The chip set has not been disclosed yet.
I've been using it as a dashcam for a few weeks now and the external heat sinks do the job and don't get too hot but are warm as they are designed to be.

Hi.
Does anyone know the size d of the mobius sensor?
thanks
Suso

Back