Mobius

I did a lot of experimenting with polarizers last summer and fall and while they can be useful I found that it wasn't worth all the trouble. As soon as the angle of reflection changes you've got a glare again and I often forgot to remove the filter at night which gave me poor exposures. Without a polarizer I am generally capturing the vital video imagery I need even if the footage isn't quite so attractive to look at. It is rare that a glare prevents me from capturing license plates and other important details.

I may experiment with some filters again but the fact is that most polarized lenses are not made to contend with constantly shifting reflection angles of light. There are some exotic polarized lens designs available that can better handle these conditions but they would cost more than the dash cams we wish to use them on.

Where do you find polarizers for a lens this small?

Do the normal and wide angle lenses have a different diameter?

Does anyone make a lens cover that has a clear glass or plastic cover to protect against dust especially in a car environment?

After looking at this camera I keep wondering why the heat sink is a chrome color instead of black. I assume the heat sink is aluminum. Black anodizing on the heat sink would cost little while allowing the camera to be hidden much better.

Last edited:
After looking at this camera I keep wondering why the heat sink is a chrome color instead of black. I assume the heat sink is aluminum. Black anodizing on the heat sink would cost little while allowing the camera to be hidden much better.

In almost all cases Mobius is mounted with the heat sink facing down. It's invisible unless you're sitting in the car looking up at the Mobius. Even then, none of my passengers have ever noticed either of my two Mobius cams. You'd think the winking red LED would give it away, but passengers are oblivious. People aren't nearly as observant as they like to think they are.

CIMG6749.JPG CIMG6343.JPG

How long a warranty is offered on the mobius?
Is this comparable to other dash cams?

Is the battery warrantied differently than the camera? I can see this happening and being fair. 400 charges could happen in a fairly short time.
What is the warranty on accessories purchased with the mobius such as cables, batteries, super capacitors, and lenses?

What is the procedure for getting warranty service?

Does the warranty include shipping the defective unit back?

I have not yet bought a dash cam. However, the length of warranty and how it is structured tells me how much faith a manufacturer has in their products. If I see something with a very short warranty I always figure that product is badly designed.

How long...

As you're in the USA I suggest you buy from one of the US domiciled sellers listed at...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

That way you should have the protection of USA consumer protection laws.

Note that Mobius is not typical of cheap DashCams. It's not designed to be thrown away if it develops a fault after the warranty expires. It's designed to be owner-repairable, & all parts are readily available.

Battery replacement is a 5 minute job requiring a screwdriver, not the pry tools, soldering iron & couple of hours you'll need with the typical DashCam.

Last edited:
Back