New From Ireland

Henry

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello Guys,
I'm new to the world of dash cams. I got a brainwave the other day that I want a multichannel dash cam system in my car. Ideally covering front rear, driver and passenger, mainly because my car is one of the most robbed makes of car certainly in Ireland anyway. I have a good alarm on it and I can tell weather the proximity censors have gone off on it and or weather the alarm had been triggered while I was gone. I would now also like to see what would have triggered my alarm. I drive a Honda Integra Type R btw. I hope to learn a thing or two here get a bit of advice and purchase something in my budget and suitable for my needs and application.

Thanks For Reading,
Henry.

Hi Henry.
As I understand you need:

1) 3-4ch system: front & rear cam for driving and 1 or 2 interior cameras, right ?

2) you want to leave dashcamera system in car for 24/7 monitoring ( motion and g-sensor activated recording when car is parked).

3) I guess front and rear cameras has to be so called stealth design, discrete install, so they are hard to see from outside in order not to atract unwanted ( bad guys ) attention?

Am I right or you want to correct me ?

Hey Henry.
First of all welcome. Always nice to have another car guy around.
Along with a DashCam I would also consider installing an external camera system if you are worried about break ins so that while you are home if someone happened to break in and steal the front camera you would still have them on external camera video.

Welcome Henry
I am going to second CheckYourLight's recommendation. If someone actually steals the car, the camera goes with it.
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6...is-best-for-catching-a-vandal-in-the-act.html

I am aware that if the car is robbed the camera is gone, This being said I have a Good quality alarm system installed, so I am pretty confident the car wont be taken and the siren will draw attention hopefully before damage can be done. I am always as selective where I leave it and what parking spaces I use. I would like to find out what is triggering the alarms. As when I return to the vehicle the alarm chirps 3 times signifying it has been triggered, Its just piece of mind that I want.
Anyway this is just my intro, I have a request for advice up in the multi channel forum.

Hey Henry.
First of all welcome. Always nice to have another car guy around.
Along with a DashCam I would also consider installing an external camera system if you are worried about break ins so that while you are home if someone happened to break in and steal the front camera you would still have them on external camera video.

Thank you, I would install one but I currently park my car in shared underground parking in a apartment complex, and don't think it would be feasible at my current living arrangements. Definitely one for the future thou thanks.

Welcome Henry
I am going to second CheckYourLight's recommendation. If someone actually steals the car, the camera goes with it.
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6...is-best-for-catching-a-vandal-in-the-act.html
That's the video I was looking for thanks GJHS.

I am aware that if the car is robbed the camera is gone, This being said I have a Good quality alarm system installed, so I am pretty confident the car wont be taken and the siren will draw attention hopefully before damage can be done.
I don't know how things are over your way, but over here when most alarms go off unfortunately people ignore them more often then not.

Thank you, I would install one but I currently park my car in shared underground parking in a apartment complex, and don't think it would be feasible at my current living arrangements. Definitely one for the future thou thanks.

I know it can be difficult parking in a complex style area. I used to do it myself.

If you happened to have a utility power outlet and decent mounting surface since it is underground one last idea would be to install a D-Link 932L. These CCTV cameras can be mounted to hang down and secured to a surface with dual lock tape. They only require constant utility power and a wireless internet connection.

If your home WiFi was in reach of the parking area and an outlet was in reach of where you park the 932L only takes 5 mins to set up. The D-link 933L has a built in WiFi Range Extender so if your WiFi did not reach you could set one up outside your window and then maybe set another up in the parking area.

I don't have set parking space ether which is another option, I have a few preferences if one is gone and it is nowhere near wifi range. And i don't know how the managers of the complex would feel about me wiring something into "their" car park. anyway I am happy enough about the security where I keep the car their is already CCTV installed so if their was an incident I could request access to it. Thanks for your Help thou.

@Henry...........If in the unfortunate event of your car being stolen maybe in addition to a dashcam (in my view essential in todays madcap commuter traffic) a hidden gps car locator might be added peace of mind......not sure what costs are involved though....its just a thought.....Ipol........:) welcome to the forum.....

I've looked into one and it will be gotten before the camera you can get them for like €45-150. I have heard of them being confiscated by customs in Ireland because they haven't had genuine Ec markings and didn't conform to standards. And operating costs Unauthorized frequency's . so if anyone is getting one watch out for that. You won't get your product or your money back. I think I'm going to need another battery mounted in the boot because the way my car is designed its meant to be small and light. But goes flat easily with the alarm anyway let alone with the Planned GPS and 4ch cameras. All food for thaught .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 4
Emy Introductions 3
DashCam.ie Introductions 2
R Introductions 8
Playeroflife Introductions 3
Back