new mini 0803 test video with 20140510V1 firmware

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
as promised, i will release some test video clips of the mini 0803 with 20140510V1 firmware (mass production version) built in.

the videos are uploading now, please forgive the slow internet speed of China Telcom.

0803 video clips playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUTBnYBE2PBHIFmmYYTOWqD72C5rdiioE

1, 0803 in city
2, 0803 on highway
3, 0803 on high way
4, 0803 in tunnel
5, 0803 in heavy rain
6, 0803 in night
7, 0803 in night
and the original videos will be post to http://video.megcn.com, you can download from there.
http://video.megcn.com/X34/0803_TEST_FW0510V1_MAY13.zip
(you must have a powerful enough computer to decode the 1296P MOV video!)

hope you will like the performance 0803 bring!

Thanks
Sincerely,
Rayman @MEGtech
--------------------------------------------
MEGtech Product Manager: Rayman.Chan rayman@megcn.com
MEGtech Marketing Manager: Julie.Chong julie@megcn.com

Last edited:
Hello everybody ! Not only I don't like it , but I am also deeply dissapointed . I have waited the Mini 0803 release for making a choice between it , Pano2 and Gt550WS . I don't think the problem stand in the firmware but in the hardware , it's assembly , which is even worse and so , uncorectable. I'll come back at the old model G300W (I mean GT550WS at a superior quality ) or at Pano2 . I am still curios to see other opinions even though the videos lose some quality due to the YouTube uploading procedure.

OK, I feel better now... If it is the good performance of 0803, then I accept the fact: it's BAD... :(

@Rayman.Chan - I posted the following question elsewhere, but you may not have seen it. Please can you reply, trying to understand MEG involvement with the Mini 0803:-
@Rayman.Chan - For clarification purposes on this Forum, please can you confirm what your company's involvement has been/is with the Mini 0803...
i.e., Are MEG the designer, the manufacturer, a developer or an assembler of the Mini 0803?:confused:
Many thanks.;)
Look forward to seeing your reply.;)

@Rayman.Chan Please can you reply, trying to understand MEG involvement with the Mini 0803:-
dear Hilts,
we bought the patent authorization from the 0803 designer, and develop the hardware and software under Ambarella's help, then manufacture the camera in our factory. :)

@Rayman.Chan - I posted the following question elsewhere, but you may not have seen it.

sorry i can't put too much time on forum, as we have to focus on product development and production managing.
so if your DashCamTalk guys have any question, please mail me at rayman@megcn.com
we are open for comments & suggestions & new thoughts & ideas.

cheers!

@Rayman.Chan - Thanks for both of your replies earlier. I must admit that I had assumed (before your reply) that MEG was an assembling company, who bought in the Mini 0803.

I am sure that the DCT members & visitors will email you with some of their thoughts!;)
You might get inundated with Mini 0803 issues...o_O

It's probably better for everyone if they share their findings/fixes publicly on DCT. Any improvement suggestions could to be posted on the DCT 'Mini 0803 Firmware Requests Thread' or similar thread.
Don't you agree?:confused:

Not expecting you to visit DCT all the time, but at least it would be a central collection point for everyone (owners, sellers, developers & manufacturers).;)

Last edited:
I've noticed something really strange 4 seconds after the beginning of the footage named AMBA0028.

The grey car at the right does not move, but there is some "echo" repetition of the image of the wheels. On the 02.png picture, we can also see a repetition on the door.
Like a copy-paste faded.

I don't know how to explain that in english but you'll see what I mean by looking at the 100% crop screenshots I've made :

0010.jpg

01a11.jpg

02b10.png

Attachments

• 00.png
    00.png
    449.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 01a.png
    01a.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 02b.png
    02b.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 15
there is some "echo" repetition of the image of the wheels. On the 02.png picture, we can also see a repetition on the door.
Like a copy-paste faded.

Thank you very much for your great insight.
I am not sure how that came, will check with engineer tomorrow.

Rayman @MEGtech

FW 2014.05.10V1
Day, evening, evening WDR, night WDR, night WDR in city

:) Funny. But this is lack of mini 0803 GPS stand.

There is little gap between cam and stand.

Contacts on GPS stand pushing to cam, and cam is not parallel to stand and to window.

Today I solved it by placing a toothpick between the camera and the stand :)

I'm just hunting around for a spare toothpick to fix my mount/DVR wobble too! Actually mine wasn't as bad as x-father's, at least mine holds level. o_O

Don't forget to buy yourself a magnifying glass in order to read the User Manual!:p

Last edited:
I never read user manuals :p

Back