PanoramaII compatible with 64GB SD card?

My last question before making the buy. This thing is powered from my cigarette lighter, but there are many times while driving that I also need to keep my phone charging too. If I buy an adapter/splitter to convert my one cigarette lighter into 2, will it still produce enough power to run the camera without any hiccups? I assume my phone just won't charge as quickly?

My last question before making the buy. This thing is powered from my cigarette lighter, but there are many times while driving that I also need to keep my phone charging too. If I buy an adapter/splitter to convert my one cigarette lighter into 2, will it still produce enough power to run the camera without any hiccups? I assume my phone just won't charge as quickly?

I don't think you'll have any issues with that, a few of us are using that kind of setup.
Camera will use less than 1A. Get an Anker adapter to charge the phone, it works like a charm.

I don't think you'll have any issues with that, a few of us are using that kind of setup.
Camera will use less than 1A. Get an Anker adapter to charge the phone, it works like a charm.
I've already got an OEM Motorola car charger that works for now, otherwise I would.

Tested Panorama II with MicroSD Samsung 64GB SDXC (UHS-1) and SanDisk 64GB SDXC (UHS-1) formatted to Fat32 and all worked fine. However SandDisk is known to be fussy for dashcameras, I use it in my Smartphone. So it is recommended to go with Samsung brand.
Was using Original SanDisk MicroSD to SD adaptor, driving few days, recording and no problem found with heat issue, but don't know how using adaptor behaves on long term. As @jokiin mentioned, - it's better not to use adaptors and buy full size SD card.

Here is utility I am using to format from exFat to Fat32:

exFat to FAT32 SmartDisk Fat32 Format Formatter Tool Utility ( How to )
I'm not able to get that program to detect any drives on my computer. Strange. I would think it's OK to just format from within the Windows menu on my PC?

Last edited by a moderator:
The firmware which can format by machine will be released this week.
Also night vision will be match to 1.08.05
Just wait few days.

Just wait few days.
Good evening. Thanks for the information. We are waiting for new firmware.

Just wait few days.
when the new firmware is released can you post a link here please. eager to try out the new software

I can confirm that the Samsung 64G SDXC pro MB-SGCGB/CN (http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/memory-cards-hdd-odd/memory-cards/sdhc-pro/MB-SGCGB/EU) works on the PII running FW 1.12.01 (2014-01-16).

But Niko's tutorial didn't work for me. The program didn't recognise the card. It came formatted as exFAT, and even formatting to NTFS wouldn't get it to detect. Full admin privileges and all.

This method worked flawlessly for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/formatting-exfat-to-fat32-t1786356

I can confirm that the Samsung 64G SDXC pro MB-SGCGB/CN (http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/memory-cards-hdd-odd/memory-cards/sdhc-pro/MB-SGCGB/EU) works on the PII running FW 1.12.01 (2014-01-16).

But Niko's tutorial didn't work for me. The program didn't recognise the card. It came formatted as exFAT, and even formatting to NTFS wouldn't get it to detect. Full admin privileges and all.

This method worked flawlessly for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/formatting-exfat-to-fat32-t1786356

Thanks you for sharing your experience and providing alternative solutions, - those are always welcome ! I will try to see what might went wrong, why SmartDisk Fat32 formatter didn't work for you.

Seems Garconis had the same issue. If he's reading, no you can't simply format it within Windows. There's no option to format it to FAT32, only exFAT or NTFS, hence the need for these workarounds.

FYI Niko, I was running 64bit Windows 7 and tried forcing the program to run as administrator, but when I opened it up it just came up blank. It didn't recognise any drives.

Seems Garconis had the same issue. If he's reading, no you can't simply format it within Windows. There's no option to format it to FAT32, only exFAT or NTFS, hence the need for these workarounds.

FYI Niko, I was running 64bit Windows 7 and tried forcing the program to run as administrator, but when I opened it up it just came up blank. It didn't recognise any drives.

If you check my video, it worked well for me. Still trying to understand whats might worked wrong in your case. But its good other option worked well for you guys.

I'm experiencing the 'Card Error' noted above with a Samsung 64GB Pro SDHC - UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card.

I tried the SmartFat32 program and it gave me a blank screen also. I then did Niko's advanced steps and got the card formatted. I still get the 'Card Error' message. The firmware is 1.12.01. I'll try to find a 16GB/32GB card at home and update the firmware later. Although I see from prior posts, that the 1.12.01 should work with the card.

I updated the firmware to 1.12.03 using 32GB SD card with no problems.

The Samsung 64GB card still gives me "Card Error!"

I'm experiencing the 'Card Error' noted above with a Samsung 64GB Pro SDHC - UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card.

I tried the SmartFat32 program and it gave me a blank screen also. I then did Niko's advanced steps and got the card formatted. I still get the 'Card Error' message. The firmware is 1.12.01. I'll try to find a 16GB/32GB card at home and update the firmware later. Although I see from prior posts, that the 1.12.01 should work with the card.

After you formatted from exFat, does PC shows in properties Fat32 ?
P.S. - I haven't tried 64gb with latest firmwares yet.

@lankyduke, - have you found other way to format from exFat to Fat32 that works for you ?

I haven't had to try other ways. After SmartFat32 didn't work for me, I googled for some other all-in-one methods and they didn't work either. So when I found the XDA-Dev one that worked flawlessly, I stopped looking :p

Windows 7 does show 64GB, FAT32. I can even put a file on the SD Card.

I'm using a 32GB card right now with the camera, everything works great. Having the 64GB card working would be a bonus.

Appears @lankyduke and I have tried the same things. I used three different computers, all with Windows 7, but all having the same results.

FWIW, I couldn't get the program offered somewhere on this site to convert my card from exFAT to FAT32.

I decided to put the card into the camera anyway and it works, even in exFAT, I've used it many times since and my Windows 7 computer still shows the card as exFat.

The card I used is a
Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card

FWIW, I couldn't get the program offered somewhere on this site to convert my card from exFAT to FAT32.

I decided to put the card into the camera anyway and it works, even in exFAT, I've used it many times since and my Windows 7 computer still shows the card as exFat.

The card I used is a
Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card

the exFAt to FAT32 workaround is for cameras that don't support larger cards to get them to access a file system they can work with, the Panorama can access up to 128gb cards on current firmware version so no workarounds needed

the exFAt to FAT32 workaround is for cameras that don't support larger cards to get them to access a file system they can work with, the Panorama can access up to 128gb cards on current firmware version so no workarounds needed

Hahaa, you are completely right !
I took my 64Gb Samsung MicroSD ( Fat32 ) out from Mobius, formatted back to exFat and tested in Panorama 2, - works perfectly.
With earlier firmwares needed to format from exFat to Fat32 in order to get it to work, - worked fine, but problem was that could not format inside Panorama 2.
Now works with exFat and also can format inside device as well.
I didn't test those compatibilities earlier with latest new firmware range ( didn't even had a clue to test ), so BIG THANKS to @jokiin !

Last edited:
Back