Pics that make you smile

And what can we learn from that ?

Do not base your business on a WW2 relic.

That bus was not in Rotterdam when i was, but its also been a few years since i had that pleasure.

Well to be honest it don't really make me smile, but i found a description of current Danish society in moving pictures.

bwxpul92p2va6xgagwyx_zpsugcffc8k.gif

I think it say it all.

Our society are mobile but really not up to speed.
our society are not going anywhere right now.
And if our society start moving again the chance of it being backwards is higher than anything else.
And every one is jumping up and down having a jolly good time. ( ignorance is a bliss )

Cqdio-1XgAAitsS.jpg

It would be funny if it wasn't on the official EU twitter account: http://twitter.com/Europarl_EN/status/767691960920440832/photo/1
and if they hadn't knocked the UK off the second step and into non-existence! It wont happen next time after Brexit, although I guess they will still claim the top step, even though it is not actually possible as the number of competitors from the EU exceeds the country maximum for many events.

Cqdio-1XgAAitsS.jpg

It would be funny if it wasn't on the official EU twitter account: http://twitter.com/Europarl_EN/status/767691960920440832/photo/1
and if they hadn't knocked the UK off the second step and into non-existence! It wont happen next time after Brexit, although I guess they will still claim the top step, even though it is not actually possible as the number of competitors from the EU exceeds the country maximum for many events.
why is the US female ?

why is the US female ?

Good question.

I also wonder how come the Chinese is just as tall as the other 2, i assume it must be a basketball player.

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She reduced altitude and spotted a man below. She descended a bit more and shouted: "'Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago but I don't know where I am". The man below replied "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude".

"You must be a technician." said the balloonist. "I am" replied the man "how did you know?" "Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you have told me is probably technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information and the fact is, I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip with your talk."

The man below responded, "You must be in ___________" *. "I am" replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?" "Well," said the man "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my f**king fault!
*- Insert similar top ranking positions at will. :rolleyes: (click to expand)

Good question.

I also wonder how come the Chinese is just as tall as the other 2, i assume it must be a basketball player.
The chinese is as high as the USA person, even though he is standing on the low plinth - he is actually taller than the other two.

The chinese is as high as the USA person, even though he is standing on the low plinth - he is actually taller than the other two.
nope, the chinese is the tallest. I have just used a ruler. :D
I guess the one who made this picture is a chinese or at least, from chinese :D

I wonder how the scores will be if you factor number of medals won according to population size.

Nice though many of our boat ppl failed us this time around, i think rowing and the sailboats could have done a little better, then again we got the first athletics medal in several decades, so that was a nice surprise.

But all in all i cant complain considering that we are just a fly dropping on the world map :)

Then again we should do good, those athletes are all tax funded to a large degree.
You will rarely find a Danish top athlete that's made it big on his own or with support of only private sponsors, for the most "the man" have his hands on things here too.

Then again we should do good, those athletes are all tax funded to a large degree.
You will rarely find a Danish top athlete that's made it big on his own or with support of only private sponsors, for the most "the man" have his hands on things here too.
It would be interesting to see a table of how much is spent by each country but I don't think that data is available.

There is a graph of how much the athletes are rewarded by their countries with Taiwan top at nearly a million USD for winning a gold medal: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/19/sport/olympic-rewards-by-country/
But, don't expect to see a penny if you hail from the British Isles. Team Great Britain has won more than 50 medals in Rio, but neither the government nor the British Olympic Association are giving athletes any reward money. Why? Well, the Association says it believes athletes are motivated by their desire to represent their country and their love of sport.

Yeah i saw something about that kind of rewards for medals, but that's not the way it goes here, you don't even get 100% funding by "the man"

But if you win something i am sure a lot of Danes will be lined up when you get home to pad you on the back and say well done, the dumb asses here jump at any chance waving a little red and white flag.

Personally i would prefer if our society excelled on other things, i cant see how sports say anything worthwhile about Denmark as a nation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back