Pics that make you smile

I think it's fair to say our UK athletes were rewarded up front by effectively being professional athletes given lottery funding etc (cost about 4 million gbp per medal) to train, not forgetting sponsorship too.

Not that I think that's wrong, but I think the Olympics were MUCH more meaningful when competitors were required to be amateurs.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

I think it's fair to say our UK athletes were rewarded up front by effectively being professional athletes given lottery funding etc (cost about 4 million gbp per medal) to train, not forgetting sponsorship too.

Not that I think that's wrong, but I think the Olympics were MUCH more meaningful when competitors were required to be amateurs.

I think most of the UK Olympic athletes are amateurs?
I don't think they get any "salary" unless they are expected to get a medal and even then it is not much, most will need additional income?
I think most of the funding goes on facilities and coaching?

In other words most effectively get to train and compete for free with all expenses paid.
http://www.uksport.gov.uk/our-work/investing-in-sport/how-uk-sport-funding-works

Also a lot of the funding is from the National Lottery so is not really tax money anyway, it is money people choose to give.

Given how many of our athletes have been on TV saying they train all day, every day, I doubt they are holding down 9-to-5 jobs. I think they are provided with whatever is needed to ensure they don't have to work. In my book that makes them professional athletes.

Given how many of our athletes have been on TV saying they train all day, every day, I doubt they are holding down 9-to-5 jobs. I think they are provided with whatever is needed to ensure they don't have to work. In my book that makes them professional athletes.

The actual professionals like Andy Murray don't need money from the government and I guess don't get any, that probably applies to most of the athletes with agents that get them on our TV to give those interviews. The ones that need the help are the amateurs that take a few months off work and work short hours before that in order to be competitive.

Normally Danish athletes are students, so they get a little financial help from something called Team Danmark, and they in turn get most of their finances from the lotteries here as some percentage of the lotto funds is siphoned off to support Danish sports and athletes.

So you don't have to study / work full time here when a team Danmark sponsored athlete.

This in turn can create outright monsters, like the former Danish shot put athlete Joakim B Olsen, so this guy went from being a student ( paid for by taxes ) to be a athlete on the side ( allso paid for by taxes ) and now the douchebag is in politics that's the ultimate paid for welfare we got here.

So this douchebag will go thru life with the only job he ever had might have been a part time job in 7 - 11

Before.
Joachim%20B.%20Olsen%20til%20EM%20i%20atletik

And now much better funded, as a parlement member for Liberal Alliance
bc2d5ce7-2e0e-4de0-96db-41b116416360_b60081bede8a42ea8fe3ea33bf32e71b.jpg

I cant even describe my dislike for this person without breaking several laws here and go to jail, but its pretty intense :mad:

In case you wonder.'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Alliance_(Denmark)

This is for Kamkar 1
He speaks more fluent than me. And I'm Chinese.

Wow Viktor Axelsen can speak fluent Mandrin!

Yeah apparently he learned it in 2 years too :eek:

I can emulate a lot of languages at least to a degree where many ppl think i actually speak the language, but the eastern languages ( Japanese and Chinese ) just melt together on me, sort of like i also mix up the little Italian and Spanish i know, and the Other Nordic Languages like Norwegian and Swedish.

Other languages just confuse the hell out of me, Finnish and Dutch for ones, i can emulate Bushman "Click" Language better than those.

Too bad the teachers in school dident pick up on my language skills, but Danish public schools was bad even then back in the late 70 erly 80ties.
I am sure i could have been a awesome language student if some had been able to nurture my skills in that area.

Last edited:
Line marking is not a highly skilled job

20150626_145317a.jpg

Maybe that line have been drawn by Danish made linemaking robot technology ?

LEGO whole new level / too much time on hands

Maybe that line have been drawn by Danish made linemaking robot technology ?

New technology but still no poo remover ?

A blonde teenager, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy-woman"

She started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house, and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.
"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint my porch," he said, "How much will you charge me?"
Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"
The man agreed and told her that the paint brushes and everything she would need was in the garage.
The man's wife, hearing the conversation said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?"
He responded, "That's a bit cynical, isn't it?"
The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes we've been getting by email lately."
Later that day, the blonde teenager came to the door to collect her money. "You're finished already?" the startled husband asked.
"Yes, she replied, and I even had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."
Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50.00 and handed it to her along with a $10.00 tip.
“And, by the way," the teenager added, "it's not a Porsche, it's a Lexus."

A blonde teenager, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy-woman"

She started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house, and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.
"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint my porch," he said, "How much will you charge me?"
Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"
The man agreed and told her that the paint brushes and everything she would need was in the garage.
The man's wife, hearing the conversation said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?"
He responded, "That's a bit cynical, isn't it?"
The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes we've been getting by email lately."
Later that day, the blonde teenager came to the door to collect her money. "You're finished already?" the startled husband asked.
"Yes, she replied, and I even had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."
Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50.00 and handed it to her along with a $10.00 tip.
“And, by the way," the teenager added, "it's not a Porsche, it's a Lexus."
:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back