Pittasoft BlackVue DR500GW-HD English Firmware

Pls share , thanks :lol:

Hillbilly said:
Dear Customer,

This is ******* ****** from Pittasoft.

Blackvue is not able to be upgraded to other language.

The firmware is encrypted, so there is no way to change.

This is our policy to prevent to be distributed domestic products to abroad.

We are sorry to inform that your unit is produced as Korean version for domestic market.

It might be distributed by unauthorized reseller.

As you purchased it from unofficial routes, the unit is not able to receive warranty service.

Please contact the shop where your friend purchased.

Hi, The Korean firmware is available only within the Korean domestic market (as mentioned in the official email). The English version is obviously for the international / export market. Car cams are big in Korea and generally Insurance companies issue these units to vehicle registrants. Some of which unfortunately get sold, in turn get listed on Platforms like eBay etc. These sellers who distribute these units are not authorised sellers.

From a business / retail point of view, the export version is set at a RRP of $399 per unit. I'm talking strictly business to consumer model. Taking shortcuts to save money will subsequently result in such problems (OP).. not to mention no support and warranty etc.

Not to have a go at anyone... but in response to people complaining about businesses marking up their prices, one simply can't expect consumables to be sold below wholesale price. Doesn't work in that way in the business world and isn't feasible. Surely enough, undertaking research to find a more competitive price will be the way to go.

While all that may be true, how was I able to purchase an English export version for $100 less than that including international shipping . If the seller is able to make a profit it just shows what price fixing attempts are made by greedy companies. Sellers should be free to sell at what ever price they wish.

I would agree that most local items tend to be a little/a lot more than the Internet/eBay, I got my Blackvue DR500GW from eBay. not even thinking of looking local and sure enough it took only 3 working days to arrive from the Far East, I'm very pleased (more so that now Ive loaded the firmware update)I got mine for, and I don't mind saying £199.48. when I started looking for more info on this camera I came across local, by local I mean UK shops not shops close to me and the price is around the £279.00 range. as VAT is 20% you can see once 20% is added to the £199 price there really isn't much difference, so for my experience, I can't say my local shops are/were over charging

YMMV

Do u have the English firmware?

CoreTech said:
Hi, The Korean firmware is available only within the Korean domestic market (as mentioned in the official email). The English version is obviously for the international / export market. Car cams are big in Korea and generally Insurance companies issue these units to vehicle registrants. Some of which unfortunately get sold, in turn get listed on Platforms like eBay etc. These sellers who distribute these units are not authorised sellers.

From a business / retail point of view, the export version is set at a RRP of $399 per unit. I'm talking strictly business to consumer model. Taking shortcuts to save money will subsequently result in such problems (OP).. not to mention no support and warranty etc.

Not to have a go at anyone... but in response to people complaining about businesses marking up their prices, one simply can't expect consumables to be sold below wholesale price. Doesn't work in that way in the business world and isn't feasible. Surely enough, undertaking research to find a more competitive price will be the way to go.

I agree 100%. You can take all sorts of shortcuts to save money, but in the end you always get what you pay for. Sure, I paid $100 more than some did from eBay or amazon, but I have a genuine product from a dealer who has bent over backwards for me. I realize there is a premium for this, which I have no problem paying.

Just my 2 cents

I just paid £25 /$20 for a 3 year warranty from square trade... better than a dealer offering...

Over here in singapore. BV authorised dealer is selling DR500 @ SGD$470.00. When we can have the option to order directly from korea which is SGD$284 + $10= $294.00. The downside is the warranty issue. If you directly import from korea. If there is any problem with the set, have to send back to korea.

For me, i can save $176. I will rather import directly from korea.

Hi,

Maybe owners of English device versions can share the content of their /mnt/nand/voices/ENG/WOMAN/* and /mnt/nand/voices/ENG/MAN/* folders? :roll:
I saw the link to Korean language files was shared in this discussion, getting link to English one would be nice.
Thanks in advance!

I think you will need more than just replacing the voices.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I think you will need more than just replacing the voices.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz,

If you have English speaking Korean DR500 device, what would be the difference between ENG and KOR versions?
1) Once formatted the card will inittialize with Korean software and documentation. Isn't really a problem, because you can modify settings/review data via English app on your smartphone or computer.
2) Only firmware that can be used will still be Korean. And that is an advantage, because I can download new versions of Korean firmware (from official BlackVue site) more frequently then English ones that comes once in a half year (if you are lucky).

Any other issues? :) I don't think so :)

dreikas said:
Hi,

Maybe owners of English device versions can share the content of their /mnt/nand/voices/ENG/WOMAN/* and /mnt/nand/voices/ENG/MAN/* folders? :roll:
I saw the link to Korean language files was shared in this discussion, getting link to English one would be nice.
Thanks in advance!

See my other thread The English Firmware DOES NOT work in a Korean version It just starts to load and then says "Version information is different" and stops loading and leaves camera as it was.

If you can show me how to access the voices in both firmwares I will try to see what happens. I havent been able to fond the path you have posted Cant find any MNT

I do not understand the subject.
What you want to do?
If you want to go with original КОR to ENG, it is possible

To do this, you need to change with firmware
1. Copy the firmware to the English flashcards
2. In "version.bin" correct "English" to "Korea"
3. Turn on the DVR, it will start the firmware, then says that the versions differ
4. In "version.bin" corrected "Korea" to "English".
5. Turn on the DVR,
after the update you will have the English firmware

So you are saying the only thing the user needs to use the English firmware on a Korean camera is the modified file version.bin which is in the folder Config ? Please look at attachment.
Are you sure the cameras will be not bricked like some cameras which had custom firmware and trying to upgrade from 1.003 to 1.0005?

If some user will manage to install the 1.005 firmware to a Korean camera please describe step by step and very precise what to do to upgrade the korean camera to 1.005 english firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• version_English-fw_for_Korean-cam.zip
    251 bytes · Views: 64
This has already been tested on the Russian firmware (original Kor - original Rus)
"bricks" was not yet.
I want to clarify
This is only for the original firmware

from 1.003 to 1.005 is also updated
I wrote that you can not update the custom 1.003aS on 1.005

Mio said:
What you want to do?

3. Turn on the DVR, it will start the firmware, then says that the versions differ
5. Turn on the DVR,

Ok I tried that but after it says Version information is different what do you do as it just keeps repeating that endlessly.

Presumably turn camera off Edit config and put it back in and try again or what.

So you edited the version.bin file as this:
Code:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW
and not working?
The Korean camera was not upgraded to the english version?

enjoy,
Mtz

Hillbilly said:
Mio said:
What you want to do?

5. Turn on the DVR,

Ok I tried that but after it says Version information is different what do you do as it just keeps repeating that endlessly.

Presumably turn camera off Edit config and put it back in and try again or what.

Yes !!!! It 's work for me.
3.1 Turn your DVR off , edit "version.bin" in your micro sd then put it back , Turn on your camera and you 'll have English .

OK, then we can use DR500GW-HD_v1.005E(2013_0315)_for_Korean_dashcam firmware.

And I hope this readme is correct:
1. Put the BlackVue folder from the ZIP file in the root of the SD Card.
2. After restarting the camera with the new files on the SD Card the upgrading will start.
3. After the upgrade is completed the voice will say the "The version information is different".
4. Turn off the camera.
5. Put on the SD Card the file "version.bin" extracted from the ZIP named "After_upgrade_in_folder_BlackVue-Config_put_this_version.bin" in this location:
"BlackVue/Config/version.bin"
overwriting the old korean "version.bin" file.

The camera will start with english voice on the Korean camera.
From now the camera can be updated anytime directly with the English firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
OK, then we can use DR500GW-HD_v1.005E(2013_0315)_for_Korean_dashcam firmware.

And I hope this readme is correct:
1. Put the BlackVue folder from the ZIP file in the root of the SD Card.
2. After restarting the camera with the new files on the SD Card the upgrading will start.
3. After the upgrade is completed the voice will say the "The version information is different".
4. Turn off the camera.
5. Put on the SD Card the file "version.bin" extracted from the ZIP named "After_upgrade_in_folder_BlackVue-Config_put_this_version.bin" in this location:
"BlackVue/Config/version.bin"
overwriting the old "version.bin" file.

The camera will start with english voice on the Korean camera.
From now the camera can be updated anytime directly with the English firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Have just done this and it works perfectly I did however do a few things to ensure I had no problems

Firstly I formatted my SD card

Secondly I deleted the Korean Vers Bin file after taking it out after updating.

Then I copied and pasted the English Vers across.

Removes possibility of corruptions

Back