Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

I have the ssid changed and can join it no probs. only thing I notice is that if I turning the wifi on the camera, I need to wait about a minute before I can join it.

Thank you for your quick reply.
1. Don’t know what the original ssid name was. The field in the blackvue software was blank. Don't know the original password either.
2. Yes I have rebooted the iPhone several times.
3. Yes I have tried this as well
4. This I have not done, as the manual advice against it.
5. Can only think of the bluetooth connection to the iPhone (would that be 2.4GHZ??)

Still no Wi-Fi connection...........

Any other suggestions - please...........

hey all, i just purchased this camera from a US distributor. when i opened up the sd card to install the app, it wasn't there. in fact the sd card is empty. anyone know where i can get these files from? thanks

mariox said:
hey all, i just purchased this camera from a US distributor. when i opened up the sd card to install the app, it wasn't there. in fact the sd card is empty. anyone know where i can get these files from? thanks
Just put an empty micro sd card in the camera, power it up in the car, and the files will download automatically.

perfect, thanks!

one issue that i have with this (and its the same problem i have with my DR400G-HD) is that the time never seems to sync properly. I set the time zone to AMERICA\Eastern -Michigan and also tried AMERICA\Eastern-Toronto but its off by like 4 hours (ahead). any way to fix that?

great dane said:
Thank you for your quick reply.
1. Don’t know what the original ssid name was. The field in the blackvue software was blank. Don't know the original password either.
The Wi-Fi SSID is 'DR500GW-last 6-digit number of MAC Address' and MAC address printed on the sticker attached to the back of the product box. (e.g.
DR500GW-A682DE). Select the device you want to connect and, enter the password. Tap the OK button to connect it to the selected device.
Read more on the manual about Wi-Fi and more.

If is still not working try to find a friend with an Android Smartphone and install the Android application just for another test to just be sure the Wi-Fi is working.

enjoy,
Mtz

motlking said:
Seems the English version is already available here in Australia:
http://www.camzilla.com.au/products_inf ... -16gb-card
http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/index.ph ... uct_id=102

so no one else has had experience with ohmyblackbox.com? Price is really good but looks to have Korean firmware. From past experience would it be easy to change to english firmware/language?

I just received one from ohmyblackbox. postage was reasonably quick, price was very good and yes the firmware is Korean.
I have just emailed them asking about the english firmware and if I dont get a response I will open up a PayPal claim against them as this is how I paid.
If you or anyone have any ideas on how I can get the english firmware then please let me know, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
horsepower said:
Try this link out for sample video:

http://we.tl/mOZixhTjTA

Let me know if you can view it...

PS Sorry for the music choice :)

Nice video... does vimeo re-encde too? What program did you use to join video or did you set your recording to 3 mins?

Are there any drawbacks if you set your video to 1 min or 3 mins? If there's an accident it will keep on recording anyways correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulky said:
horsepower said:
It has gotten worse tonight. I put a fresh memory card in it. Will see what happens. Anyone figure out how to view the live feed with the iOS app yet? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

You go to wifi in the app then when it's connected scroll (swipe) the menu across at the top ;)

Have finally managed to connect the DR500GW via Wi-Fi, but I cannot in any way get the live feed to work on my iPhone 5. The app once connected will not let me swipe the menu across at the top. It moves slightly to either side but then bounces back to its' original position without any live feed materializing.
Help very much appreciated.

You got a dodgy phone or something!? ;)

Guess its not jail broken (don't think the devs release it yet till 6.1 anyway)
I got iPhone 5 and I don't have your problem with scrolling in the manner you speak of.
I know that probably didn't help much either. ;)

Tried deleting the app and reinstalling?

If its any consolation, the live feed is a pile of poo anyway :)
On iPhone at least.

I set my recording compression to Normal from factory default High.

I know I get less recording hours but I'd rather have highest possible quality recording files.

From 7.5hrs on 32GB to 4.5hrs.

Audime said:
If its any consolation, the live feed is a pile of poo anyway :)
On iPhone at least.

The live feed isn't supposed to be a HQ thing anyway. More to give you an idea of what is being recorded and what the camera is pointing at.

dv8ed said:
Nice video... does vimeo re-encde too? What program did you use to join video or did you set your recording to 3 mins?

Are there any drawbacks if you set your video to 1 min or 3 mins? If there's an accident it will keep on recording anyways correct?
I didn't use any program to manipulate the video. That is how it comes off the camera. I have my recording time set to 3 minutes. No drawbacks I can see so far. I just wanted less video files on my card.

Agreed horsepower, but when showing ones friends amazing live feed from £280 car cam, it ain't that impressive lol!
Guess I expected too much!

While I'm at it, another dent in my love/hate relationship with this cam, is that it's too big!
Shouldn't this thing use nano chips and bits in 2013!? ;)

Audime said:
Agreed horsepower, but when showing ones friends amazing live feed from £280 car cam, it ain't that impressive lol!
Guess I expected too much!

While I'm at it, another dent in my love/hate relationship with this cam, is that it's too big!
Shouldn't this thing use nano chips and bits in 2013!? ;)

You need to stream it to an iPad , looks awesome ;)

Ohhhhhh now that sounds awesome!! Gonna do it right now!!

Blackvue doesn't have an iPad app correct? I could only download iPhone version so it's only a small screen window when app opens?

Correct, but still more awesome then iPhone tiny screen.

s183.photobucket.com_albums_x93_mrharrod_ECBADD42_CDAC_48D5_BA096e91fc707f92ad0296027bfa95128e.jpg

Picture seems cut in half almost sorry.

Ok have just purchased this cam... it's OK for the price I suppose, but the video quality could be better.

Positives:
* Don't see the larger size of the unit to be an issue.
* Runs pretty cool thanks to the venting system
* boots up pretty quick
* Wifi with the iPhone app is a great feature... pretty easy to use and the live feed is useful to align the unit

Negatives:
* Mac Software shows wrong location on playback (PC software is ok)
* Video quality on the highest setting is aweful, really pixelated at speed (changed the card to 32gb Sandisk... bit better but still ****e) Definately not HD.
* Lighting seems to flick from dark to light and from light to dark, randomly... pretty annoying.

Best Configuration I have found to alleviate the pixelation a little is to use the highest HD setting at 30fps but choose 'Normal' compression. Also, setting the brightness to 'High' (5) seems to help with the lighting/pixelation issues. Have also found that disabling the wifi whilst running will help a little also with pic quality... but this could just be my eyes ;)

Looking forward to a software update :)

Reading your comment about settings and conditions I think it is pixelated because of your slow PC or a bad media player. If yes, try them on another PC or upload (as private) in Youtube and check the quality again.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back