Protecting a Video

Hawggy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
G1W-H
While on a Motorcyle trip yesterday, I tried to protect some video of interesting area's.

I did this by pressing the Mode button on the lower right of the GW-1 dashcam. On review, the protected area had only saved 1 video segment. Is this normal? I only have a 8GB card installed at present. Our 32GB Transcend card is on order.

Anyone have experience with saving video on the GW -1?

The G1W runs at about a 12 bit rate so with an 8GB card you can hold a little over an hour of video before it starts to loop.

Even so if you had locked those files you would just decresse the over all number before the loop and should still have the files.

Had your camera been powered off and then on again between locked files? Every time a G1W is turned on it seems to create a new set of folders one for loop recording and one for protected files.

So if you had your camera on. Protected turned your camera off went into a store turned it on and Protected again your locked files would be in different folders.

I did turn it off and on..Checking the SD card when we got back on the computer, it only had 1 protected file..I had tried to protect 3 but only 1 saved..I will try it again once I get my 32GB card. Thanks for the reply.

Hmmm......I was told the mode button on the very top right is what protects the clip(?) I've tried it only once, and it seemed to work.

Another thing that might have happened. It seems like for me if the G1W's screen is off I have to press mode twice. Once to turn the screen back on and a second to lock the file.

Another thing that might have happened. It seems like for me if the G1W's screen is off I have to press mode twice. Once to turn the screen back on and a second to lock the file.

It's normal, first press any key to activate screen, then buttons is operate

Back