Rearview mirror mount for G1W

I was thinking about aralditing my GW1 mount to the camera, but then I noticed it's the top of my cameras body flexing, not the mount. I was thinking about gluing in a reinforcement strip to make the top of the camera more rigid but as it's okay for now, I'll leave it be. However it's an idea I might need to revist in time if the camera gets wobbly.

Thanks ΔΔΔ

Great suggestion about this mount! It fit my G1W-C unit perfectly. It made the unit 1/2 visible below my rear view mirror, and after using it for a short time, I replaced it with the stock mount, which hides the entire unit behind the mirror. I may put this mount back on since I'm worried about dash cam reliability issues, and it would be good to see any error messages at startup. Thanks!

Damm, nice idea! They don't ship to UK though!!

Can anyone find alternative for UK buyer?

Thanks

My mount is now State side. Hopefully it makes it to me in the next few days. Will update.

CheckYourLights, post a few pics please when you have it, would be interesting to see it in place.

CheckYourLights, post a few pics please when you have it, would be interesting to see it in place.
I plan to try it on a regular G1W and hack it together with a Vicovation mount if possible, but I will post as soon as i get them.
They are a few states away at the moment.

The DOD / shadow style t/slot mounts do not fit the G1W-c, without modification. But the mount it comes with is decent.

Last edited:
LAKKS just said it fit this g1w-c perfectly, though.

LAKKmount.t said it fit this g1w-c perfectly, though.
Think they are talking about some rearview mirror mount. Thats how I took it.
I tried mounts for dod and shadow, didn't work.

I ordered two! I've been wondering how I was going to deal with putting up a sun shade when it gets warmer, this solves that issue and will hide the camera a little bit.

I just received my mounts in the mail today. (Marked Shipped Feb 16th for anyone curious on shipping time.)
I just installed them today and will test them out in the coming days. They fit nice and snug on my regular G1W and seem to hold into place, but i have not driven with them yet.

:56K Warning!:
21cie1j.jpg

dh39dj.jpg

20rvdx2.jpg

2jcgc5v.jpg

28ovbn.jpg

s6ud02.jpg

For anyone curious the mount will also fit a Vico WF1 and TF2 as is. No mix and match required.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Ah, good old dialup days :rolleyes:
Ha you are welcome. I always remember seeing that posted back in the day when someone posted a lot of pictures. My TF2 is in one car now so i'll try and keep an eye on how things look tomorrow morning, and I'll put my G1W in the other car tomorrow.

I am happy with the initial install. It's a small adventure keeping the bracket from sliding around or the rubber gasket in place while you are putting it on, but once it is on everything seems okay.
Really hoping these hold up well. Would love to be able to mount the Vico in my Camaro without having to stick a 3M up or worry about a suction cup coming loose.

If these hold up well I am going to put one in ever car I will ever get in until i stop getting in cars. I take not getting into a car without a camera very seriously and this really helps.

Less i have to carry. (-suction cup)
Cleaner install (-3M sticky)

Good to know about the other cameras the mount works with. Thanks for the pics of it completely disassembled too.

Good to know about the other cameras the mount works with. Thanks for the pics of it completely disassembled too.
Thanks for posting about them.
I had always wanted a new G1W mount because my suction cup was loose, but was never sure what would fit. I did not want to take a chance on something wait almost a month and have it not fit. So i'm thankful that you took the plunge.

Damm, nice idea! They don't ship to UK though!!

Can anyone find alternative for UK buyer?

Thanks

For people where the shipping is disabled, just ask the seller nicely :)
Shipping was disabled for Germany so i asked him if i could buy it anyways. He wasnt able to enable my country, but he offered me, to send me the mount and when it arrives i can pay it.
He send it out today :)

Last edited:
This mount also can work well with GT550WS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L G1WX 0
Back