Shadow GT680W

Yesterday, I have got GPS card from Shadow. I installed latest firmware v2.4G.Everything works OK. New GPS card has longest cable. It locks very fast and has small blue LED lamp. When it works, LED flashes.

Glad you got your GPS module and all is working ok, I sent an email to Foxoffer requesting a replacement GPS module and they have replied asking for a photo of the GPS module and what version software i am using as they think i might already have the new module, I have replied stating that I find that would be impossible as i bought my GT680W on 7th october a good few weeks before they brought the new module out, I sent them a copy of my receipt with the date of purchase on it, will just wait and see what there reply is, I have also received my DoD LS430W from DoD here in the UK, what a difference just plugged it in and the built in GPS locked on instantly.

Just for info incase anyone is interested in the Black model, I have just received an email from foxoffer stating the all black GT680W will be available in 2-3 weeks. :)

I emailed them today asking the same thing, before reading your post :)
Could not stand the silver trim and didn't want to attempt a DIY fix.

What is best exposure value for most sunlight days ?

No, its not true. Too much lights on the camera. Maybe value -1.0 will be enough ?

wrong way if going with -1.0
Better to set EV value higher ( lets say +1.0 ), at night it will be much better than -1.0 and at day time numberplates can still read.

wrong way if going with -1.0
Better to set EV value higher ( lets say +1.0 ), at night it will be much better than -1.0 and at day time numberplates can still read.
+1,0 ? But what about sunlight days?

+1,0 ? But what about sunlight days?

check jokiin's replay

Default settings are normally best all round

check jokiin's replay

Default settings are normally best all round

yeah it's a balance, sure you could make it look better during the day by fine tuning the settings, likewise you could make it look better at night by changing them again, who wants to be adjusting them back and forth all the time and what's it look like the times you undoubtedly forget to change it back, the defaults are selected to give a good average for exactly this reaon

Glad you got your GPS module and all is working ok, I sent an email to Foxoffer requesting a replacement GPS module and they have replied asking for a photo of the GPS module and what version software i am using as they think i might already have the new module, I have replied stating that I find that would be impossible as i bought my GT680W on 7th october a good few weeks before they brought the new module out, I sent them a copy of my receipt with the date of purchase on it, will just wait and see what there reply is, I have also received my DoD LS430W from DoD here in the UK, what a difference just plugged it in and the built in GPS locked on instantly.

Have received a reply today from Foxoffer saying that a new GPS module has been posted, I cannot fault Foxoffer support really quick to reply and get it sorted.

Hi
I have a problem here. When I connect Gt680W to My PC , I want to import videos but after 1 minute camera disconnect from the pc for no reason. I have to use a card reader to do this operation. Are you guys having the same problem ?

Last edited:
My dashcam does not protect files . I press the M button and the portected symbol appears but the camera overwrites protected files . Anyone with the same problem ?

Last edited:
Hi, just tested my early xmas present 680W (without gps, dad ordered 3 of them) and so far so good but have a few questions as the user manual is very basic and does not tell you about all of the functions/settings.

1) How long should the battery take to charge up, and how long should it last. Had it plugged in to pc via usb and blue light flashed for about 5-10 mins and then goes off. If you unplug from pc it only last about 1-2mins before switching off. Also went for a 30 min drive to test out the camera with car charger plugged in but battery indicator still shows it as being flat.

2) Also when it starts up it says "welcome to zeesus car dvr" and the next bit is driving us crazy as we can't figure out what is said, sounds like "we reconsitynot". Any idea what the lovely voice is saying, and more importantly can this be turned off.

3) Not a question but it would have been nice to have a dedicated button for using emergency sos feature, instead of having to go through menus. Or even a button on the car charger like the on/off button to quickly lock the recording in case of an accident etc.

Good video quality so far after a quick night test.

EDIT: Have an issue with the suction mounts on 2 of them (1 is good). There are 2 different versions of suction mount in 2 of the 3 boxes. These 2 mounts both have inferior suction on the windscreen and one of them had a manufacturing defect on the suction cup part. A small dent/mark towards the outer edge which caused to mount not to stick. The suction cup part is much deeper on the good one and sticks like glue to the windscreen.

My dad will be emailing Foxoffer to see if they can replace the 2 faulty suction mounts, he is worried if they will replace them and how long it will take to be delivered as he paid for airmail on his original order. Also if he will get hit by another vat charge on the replacements.

Last edited:
The top right mount is the good one, notice that the suction cup part is both slightly bigger and also much deeper than the other version of mount giving a much stronger hold on the windscreen. Also tried sticking all 3 of them to the patio doors (flat glass) with the good one sticking like glue, one of the 2 others had reasonable suction and the one with the small mark on suction cup coming away with hardly any pressure applied.

Not sure if one type is a newer version but the one with the deeper cup and twisty lock ring works the best by far.

Attachments

• GT680W mounts.png
    GT680W mounts.png
    384 KB · Views: 28
2) Also when it starts up it says "welcome to zeesus car dvr" and the next bit is driving us crazy as we can't figure out what is said, sounds like "we reconsitynot". Any idea what the lovely voice is saying, and more importantly can this be turned off.

This welcome voice can be turned off, you can find "voice switch" in the menu.

Can someone wrote how is apparently possible to identify the old from the new GPS module? optionally can anyone provide a photo?
Matter of fact, my GPS does not work and I wonder whether the new module also works in the EU, Slovakia.

Can someone wrote how is apparently possible to identify the old from the new GPS module? optionally can anyone provide a photo?
Matter of fact, my GPS does not work and I wonder whether the new module also works in the EU, Slovakia.

Check post #263, #264.

Back