Shadow GT680W

Does anyone know how to upgrade from 2013.0827.V.1 to v2.x ?
I follow the step,
1. download YTX000FW.bin
2. format tf card, copy YTX000FW.bin to tf card root directory.
3. insert tf to gt680w, then power on.
4. but gt680w did not start upgrading.

Is there something wrong about the steps ?

normally the reason the upgrade doesn't proceed is the file name is incorrect, did you get the firmware from the supplier of your camera or somewhere else?

I download the file from ,
but I bought it in Taiwan.
Taiwan seller doesn't know how to upgrade firmware.

normally the reason the upgrade doesn't proceed is the file name is incorrect, did you get the firmware from the supplier of your camera or somewhere else?

Hello, great thread!
I received my GT680W from Foxoffer last week (the camera only shipped 3 weeks after I placed the order).
As a previous small car DVR user (Carcam M8 / Prestigio Roadrunner 520) I find the video quality excellent - much better than expected. Also the suction cups are very good - small and stable.
GPS works fine for me with 10 second lock on. Initially I thought it didn't work because the time and date on the screen didn't update automatically like with my car GPS. (The values have to be set manually.) But the speed is stamped in properly into the stream (didn't check location accuracy).
Unfortunately, the battery on my unit only lasts for 60-90 seconds. Some online sellers spec the battery at 500mAh, which should provide juice for much longer.
Now I have a dilemma whether to send the unit back for replacement. Especially after reading 1 or 2 posters mentioning here that theirs only lasts for a minute or two as well.
I don't want to waste another month + shipping costs, only to receive another camera that runs only for 1 or 2 minutes on battery.
Are there any users here who get longer operating times on battery? Longer battery operation is very convenient for browsing files away from car / changing the settings etc...

Hello, great thread!
I received my GT680W from Foxoffer last week (the camera only shipped 3 weeks after I placed the order).
As a previous small car DVR user (Carcam M8 / Prestigio Roadrunner 520) I find the video quality excellent - much better than expected. Also the suction cups are very good - small and stable.
GPS works fine for me with 10 second lock on. Initially I thought it didn't work because the time and date on the screen didn't update automatically like with my car GPS. (The values have to be set manually.) But the speed is stamped in properly into the stream (didn't check location accuracy).
Unfortunately, the battery on my unit only lasts for 60-90 seconds. Some online sellers spec the battery at 500mAh, which should provide juice for much longer.
Now I have a dilemma whether to send the unit back for replacement. Especially after reading 1 or 2 posters mentioning here that theirs only lasts for a minute or two as well.
I don't want to waste another month + shipping costs, only to receive another camera that runs only for 1 or 2 minutes on battery.
Are there any users here who get longer operating times on battery? Longer battery operation is very convenient for browsing files away from car / changing the settings etc...

"Other sellers" advertise wrong data.
Correct battery data is 110Mah

Inside (1).jpg

I have just finished a review of GT680W. You may see / read it HERE

Complete Review.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Other sellers" advertise wrong data.
Correct battery data is 110Mah

one of the smaller ones I've ever seen used, obvious why they only run a few minutes at best on battery, trade off when you want to make something small I guess

one of the smaller ones I've ever seen used, obvious why they only run a few minutes at best on battery, trade off when you want to make something small I guess

Tehy could use similar to Mobius / Innovv batteries. Size is almost same, but capacity is many times higher.

Was going to pull the trigger on a GT680W (all black version when available) but this gives me pause.
Probably wouldn't hold the date for more than a week if it's in a car that not driven daily.
The GT2S can't be released fast enough, need a DVR 027 replacement asap :)

Tehy could use similar to Mobius / Innovv batteries. Size is almost same, but capacity is many times higher.

I'm guessing there's not a lot more room inside that chassis, although realistically a bigger battery baking in the sun in the front of the camera isn't a good thing and they're not intended to be run off batteries anyway

I'm guessing there's not a lot more room inside that chassis, although realistically a bigger battery baking in the sun in the front of the camera isn't a good thing and they're not intended to be run off batteries anyway

From fist look and my memory, mobius battery is even smaller in size, but when I will get chance, i will compare them both.
Anyway, I am trying to educate myself and question @ " a bigger battery baking in the sun in the front of the camera isn't a good thing ": if battery physical size is the same, but difference is only in 3-4 times higher capacity, - does it mean that higher capacity battery will have higher risk of "baking in the sun", or its depends on physical size ?
Maybe @BobDiaz know more about this stuff ?

From fist look and my memory, mobius battery is even smaller in size

No way Mobius is anywhere near 110mAh. I thought is was around 500mAh!

Thanks Niko, that makes it clear. You saved me a lot of hassle. I will be keeping the camera despite the small battery, because everything else is excellent and I can live with the small negative (knowing it's not just my sample is comforting :). Thanks again.

From fist look and my memory, mobius battery is even smaller in size, but when I will get chance, i will compare them both.
Anyway, I am trying to educate myself and question @ " a bigger battery baking in the sun in the front of the camera isn't a good thing ": if battery physical size is the same, but difference is only in 3-4 times higher capacity, - does it mean that higher capacity battery will have higher risk of "baking in the sun", or its depends on physical size ?
Maybe @BobDiaz know more about this stuff ?

issues I see for a larger battery in this housing, these batteries can swell with heat, limited airflow with a larger battery, maybe a larger battery could fit, I haven't had the benefit of seeing this model myself to know how much room there is, from the photos it doesn't look like there's a lot of spare space but that could just be an illusion

No way Mobius is anywhere near 110mAh. I thought is was around 500mAh!

We were talking about phisical size to fit into gt680w ;)

issues I see for a larger battery in this housing, these batteries can swell with heat, limited airflow with a larger battery, maybe a larger battery could fit, I haven't had the benefit of seeing this model myself to know how much room there is, from the photos it doesn't look like there's a lot of spare space but that could just be an illusion

Yes, the larger in physical size i understand. The larger battery surface volume, - the more heat it attracts from surrounding components and environment, - this I understand.
But if physical size is same small like Mobius battery, however capacity is 4-5 times higher ( like Mobius 500mAh ), - how this might affect on "baking"?.

I wonder if gt680w could use Mobius battery ( 500mAh ) ? Size should fit.

I wonder if gt680w could use Mobius battery ( 500mAh ) ? Size should fit.

Was thinking the same thing after I understood your other post. Too bad it's not easily replaceable like in the Mobius or is it?

Thanks Niko, that makes it clear. You saved me a lot of hassle. I will be keeping the camera despite the small battery, because everything else is excellent and I can live with the small negative (knowing it's not just my sample is comforting :). Thanks again.

U R welcome.

Back