The Stig Drives Again

Apparently it is. Or someone is VERY good at Photoshop.

That bus driver use to drive bus on the mountain roads :eek: he got transferred when his passengers started to turn up at their destination scared to death.

I've seen one almost tip over once, it was overloaded to the brim. Probably that's what worked in its favour on that occasion.

Very possible. When I was going to the 8th grade our school bus driver took many corners on 2 wheels- you could feel the inside wheels hit once we got through and the bus settled down. He'd actually yell out which way the turn was going to be and we, the students, were expected to scramble to the inside seats to help balance the bus. He let kids smoke on the bus as long as we kept it out of sight from outside and cleared the smoke before we got to school. People smoked other things too :rolleyes: And once in awhile people would try to make out in the rear seats, which with his driving was nearly impossible. Beer and liquor was passed around among friends and many of us arrived at school totally brain-dead from partying enroute :rolleyes: He was a high school senior himself- yes kids driving kids was the norm back then :eek: Gary H., if you're out there reading this I hope you survived our mis-spent youth too- you sure knew how to handle that Tanglewood bus!:cool: AFAIK, about half of us who rode his route are dead now-drinking, drugs, and violence mostly:( A few of us still live in the area.

All that is over now; you must be 21 with a CDL ad a perfectly clean driving record to drive a school bus, they all have inside cameras, and many routes have an 'assistant' who watches the kids and driver's activities on the route plus they have roving monitors watching in unmarked cars who can stop a bus and fire a driver or suspend a student on the spot.

Back