Unreliable Ignition On Recording

I wasn't saying the car and truck have the same issue, I was referring to the whatever power supply you were using

Just because something is said to be a great charger doesn't automatically mean it's a clean power supply and best for the job

thank you for your attempt.

I just mean to say the general solution to that people have make of the delay is not right as I have un reliable too and when other are saying this for the delay time is cannot be just that problem. So I say the people sweeping are sweeping too much the problems anwers. So they must keep the ears open to what is read hear as it is not fair.

I hope I am clear as my english is not first for the language.

I found I can like you comment so I do so for help attempt.

the delay may be a sweeping comment but the reality is it's a very common issue people have, if your issues are elsewhere then it's going to take more time to work out a solution, if there is one

Use a timer before you get to USB, it's cheaper and easier

Where before the USB though (e.g cigarette socket)? Would you be able to point me in the direction of something?

Where before the USB though (e.g cigarette socket)? Would you be able to point me in the direction of something?

has been posted here previously (somewhere) but a 12v delay timer is a better option and just wire a female lighter socket to the output which you can then use for your adapter

the delay may be a sweeping comment but the reality is it's a very common issue people have, if your issues are elsewhere then it's going to take more time to work out a solution, if there is one

Ah, i see this, but not my case as maybe many more. I feel sorry for one like me also that get assumed at.
So you own or design the mobius yourself? Rather than perhaps other one? I ask as you are expert on all or just mobius yes? Is your mobius ok for good use?

@Rickardo

Try a different car charger. If one came with your Mobius try that one. If not maybe borrow one from a friend.

Thank you Grimm for the extra help to me comments. I have tried to already the charger come with item. Also my frend allows me to try his charger after you suggestion. But as I using to for the truck and one for hometime car I have same thing happen three times to them. Sorry I say I have three times mobius and they all have this happen in different types of car. I cannot be sure to say but this means to myself that there is not one issues. I have new battary in one as it stopped but still dos this. My frend in Tacna at the border took the mobius from online and he says the item also does this for him, though not as badtime. His is 1 mês old.

i have 2 onto 1.13 and the 1 items left are 120.

I see a shutdown bug was confirmed on 1.20 so maybe better not to use that while trying to troubleshoot the problem

Neither of my Mobius cameras that have been running V1.20 have experienced any sort of shutdown bugs. Neither of my cams have ever (with any firmware) had any card compatibility issues (I use 32GB class 10s, usually SanDisk) I haven't even noticed much of the night time low light flickering issue, (but I'm still exploring this) Other cameras I've owned either universally have a known firmware problem across the product model or not but in the Mobius, all the different issues seem to crop up for some us but not others. So what's the deal with Mobius?

I had a drivor hit me today when i was arriving to my house. I was half of me relived as My Mobius was looking and working with the flash red light as I always make note to not leave until I get to start records.

But not I see footage and is white. I am so sad and angry at same time. This is 113.

The back item worked too see no person at all.

I dont want this item if i need them and they are too trick to work.

I have the ignition issue (dieseltrucks) as well, but since update to 1.20, never had it before.

Anyone had it with other versions?

One reason for suggesting the simple procedure of cleaning and adjusting the contacts was to aid in eliminating this problem from whatever else might be "in play besides bad contact". (aka Troubleshooting 101)

Murcod provided an excellent suggestion and one worth considering. It does not require doing "anything with the electrics" that would affect your warranty in any way and it would also be easy to remove. All it requires is a simple and inexpensive fuse tap to run power from a different circuit to your camera than the accessory circuit.

View attachment 3854

View attachment 3855

View attachment 3858

fuse box taps can over load the computer and cause problems if you dont know what your doing

go get a good wire strippers 20 dollars or so the top spreads to strip the wires find a car on wire on the diagram from dealer go to ebay get a aftermarket fuse panel again 20 or so

now take that and put it on the wire how take the strippers gently put over the wire if you have the right strippers it will separate the wire cover with out cutting

i recommend the two fuse box off ebay

now take the wire for the fuse box and solder it to the wires between the opening you made on wires the wrap in electrical tap i recommend gorilla tape stays longer now plug the wire from the camera into it and a ground block to a body ground

yes to all im skipping steps but whoever wants it done right email me its easy been doing it for years on cop cars there lights go right to a fuse box connected to battery

My mobius camera is connected to the accessories wire and during ignition this circuit is open, so I had a similar problem as OP.
I made using 7 supercapacitors of 5F and 2.7V a circuit similar with a UPS power supply unit.
Also I made my own 12V to 5V circuit using a LM2576 regulator.
The result is an circuit like on attached image.
The final circuit (the supercapacitors and the 5V one) offer power for about 1 minute and 20... 30 seconds, is enough to start a normal car engine.
I uploaded more images on my Picasa account, here.

I hope this will be helpful for others.

Later edit
I forgot to mention, when I wrote this message, the capacitors are loaded instantly when the accessories (in my case) are power on.

I'm not an electronics guru, so I'm very sure the supercaps buffer could be improved.
My first attempt wast to use the suppercaps buffer in the front of a normal USB cigaret charger and the time obtained was about 1 minute and 30... 50 seconds. I know, was a better choice :) but once I made the whole power circuit I let it on the place.
So is your choice which one is better.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 28
  • initial_circuit.png
    initial_circuit.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back