What car do you drive?

Toyota Blade - sorry no pic of it. It looks like a Corolla/Auris in drag. BUT is more like a wolf in sheeps clothing. With a 2.4 ( mine ) or 3.5 engine. It's both economical, powerful & reliable

She must've had a powerful engine . . .

Or a lot of displacement :D

Oh...the memories...

It depends on if we're talking about ex #1 or #2, both had powerful engines, but compact body styles, like sports cars. #2's money demands, had too much displacement as far as I was concerned...I was lucky to keep as much as I did.

I drive an increasingly tatty Ford Mondeo diesel which isn't as economical as I'd like but I really like anyway.

My other car built mostly in 2012, on the road summer 2013 & always mods to be made:
image-2.jpg

http://richards-gbs-zero.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/first-run-on-road.html

Cheers, That's because we drive on the 'wrong' side :)

Beautiful car. I like the seat belts too. There's room for a long engine. My son's car originally had a straight 8 cylinder, but probably less power and worse mileage than your choice. Enjoy !!

I finally got all the vids uploaded from the front & rear DCs that I transfer between 4 cars (in the General forum) so I can post my Motor Pool.
I drive these btw, not show them. The van is used when I have to get somewhere w/o taking out my toolbox & doing a on-side-of-the-road repair.

DSC00181.JPG

I'm the 2nd owner, Grandma bought it new.

datsun garbage truck.jpg

versatile, eh? (there was no garage collection when I lived in this small mountain town)

DSC00184.JPG

The 2nd most fun a guy can have.

willie in the vette.jpg

dog safe too!

Nice motors esp #3 ... 'does she go ?' .. nudge nudge...

Nice collection you have there, good that they're driven not hidden
Thanks...I get me kicks out of the fun of driving them....
Classic car owners seem to be in 2 camps, some get enjoyment out of displaying & looking at them in their garage, others r like me. I surprised many owners when I put the vette on the road as it was an award winning show car w/ 50 miles on it when I got it. I've driven it 4,000 miles in 2 yrs....& yes, it does have the minor nicks to show for it.

Thanks...I get me kicks out of the fun of driving them....
Classic car owners seem to be in 2 camps, some get enjoyment out of displaying & looking at them in their garage, others r like me. I surprised many owners when I put the vette on the road as it was an award winning show car w/ 50 miles on it when I got it. I've driven it 4,000 miles in 2 yrs....& yes, it does have the minor nicks to show for it.
I see this all the time too. I love taking the Camaro out even with a nice break in the weather. (It snowed yesterday but was 65 two days ago) so when it was 65 I had it out for the day.
I stopped to put gas in and some guy walked up and asked if it had the 350 in it. I said yeah and gave it a little gas and he smiled.

The other group drives me a little nuts. I've been to a car show where some guy had a Buck Grand National and he was really proud that it had something like 18,XXX miles on it. How are you able to enjoy a car that you have driven less then 1,000 miles a year for the last 30 years? When I had my older F Body cars a few other F body owners would not even talk to me at shows because my car had a B&M ratchet shifter and light weight Grant GT wheel among other things while their's looked like they just bought it.

It's nice to have something with a little go. To be honest I don't even really use it. I never fly down the highway, and I would never dart in and out of traffic people here with imports do it all the time and it looks like a death wish, but to just be able to feel the power and hear the noise and know that if I get into a dangerous situation that I have the power and more to spare to avoid it is a nice feeling, and it is neat showing up at the track or car show as the only or one of two 4th Gen F Body cars there. It's a nice unique feeling to enjoy a fast car in a respectable manner. It's something I hope everyone at least gets to experience once in their life.

I agree with you guys, drive em. That Stingray is a beauty, it must put a smile on your face ever time you turn the key. People are restoring barn finds, so the parts are there. Enjoy it and have fun. No trailer queens

Back