What car do you drive?

Mine :)

BE978365-9358-4D2A-801A-783291261B1D-5775-000007EC782482F6.jpg

04C44DB8-0D1E-4A9F-B190-BB3F1BDCBBCC-5775-000007EC7DD1ED0A.jpg

carrrrrr.jpg
Which do you prefer old or new? "

thanks all for the compliments.....I hadn't looked at this thread for a long time so I missed a lot of u'r cars. Glad folks r posting them. Even the modern day-to-day ones...it wasn't that long ago when all I wanted, needed & could afford was a reliable car to get to work in.

My cars r substitutes for women...I just plain gave up on them...just too much trouble & money for only occasional worthwhile returns. The cars r also trouble & expensive, but they keep on giving & go where they're told!

Which do you prefer old or new? "

That's a tough one, both have there pro and cons. There's something about the E36 model (old one) though that pleases me every time I sit inside.

The newer one is great for work, the older one is a weekend rider :)

Both cars have been hassle fee I must add, German engineering at its best :)

Where's your car?

"My cars r substitutes for women...I just plain gave up on them"

I can not follow you, offcourse if i had spent all the mony i have earned thru life so far i would be able to have a couple of cars on the road, but this beeing Denmark i would not have been able to allso afford a house with a garage where i could tend to my cars.

Allso i dont get my friend, he drive and "restore" a 1983 Dodge ram charger, that mammoth swallow massive ammounts of really expensive Danish gasoline.

And my friend have just become retiered due to Heart problems, so its not like he have mony to burn.
And he have a 1958 Chevy apache stepside in a garage at his parents house witch he started to "restore" some 15 years ago, and then gave up on it after a year.

"Allso i dont get my friend, he drive and "restore" a 1983 Dodge ram charger, that mammoth swallow massive ammounts of really expensive Danish gasoline.
I don't know anyone who would restore a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger, but that's because i see them a bit. I don't know how uncommon they are in Denmark

And he have a 1958 Chevy apache stepside in a garage at his parents house witch he started to "restore" some 15 years ago, and then gave up on it after a year.
Tell him to do some motor work paint it flat black and "rat rod" it.

Rat rods are not allowed here, atleast i have never seen one, there is rods here but not to the same extreem as seen in the US.
We have rules for how mutch you can lower or lift a car, not that they aparently are beeing uphold as i see many too low cars and like my friends Dodge too lifted cars.
My friend is Lucky the ppl at the DMV here are as imcompetent as so many others, his Dodge was cheked last year with no remarks, and his Axel / suspension lift is not hard to see :D all he did was put on factory tiers instead of the big ones he normally use.

Never seen a Dodge like my friends before, mostly its 2-3 hand American pickups that get exported to Denmark.

I doubt that Chevy will ever get to drive Again, so it will be a 70,000 Dkkr loss for my friend. ( unless offcourse he win the lottery, but he cant fix it himself due to lacking skills - parts beeing hard to source from Denmark and beside his bad Heart he allso have a 90 % useless arm )

The Chevy came with a "modified" erly 90ties 350 cui engine, witch had plenty of "go get em"
Most of doors + front fenders was old road signs and putty, and it allso need a new windscreen. the engine was mounted in DYI steel mounts and there was made blow torch cuts to frame crossmembers to make room for headers / exaust. ( POS craftmanship )
I would never have allowed him to buy that POS car, thats proberly why he never took me along when he was car shopping.

Only + for his 2 cars is that thry are considered veteran cars and therefor are quite cheap to own and insure, its his luck he only drive about 50 Km a week, but as soon as he gat a more normal usage pattern i can not see how he can afford a 4 Km / liter consumption rate.

That's a tough one, both have there pro and cons. There's something about the E36 model (old one) though that pleases me every time I sit inside.

The newer one is great for work, the older one is a weekend rider :)

Both cars have been hassle fee I must add, German engineering at its best :)

Where's your car?
Here in Mexico I drive a VW Clasico which is basically the 1999 VW Jetta body style that they continued to update.
Cars here tend to be smaller and simpler for safety reason. Drive a BMW here and you're asking for trouble. Also cars here are expensive, the sticker price is not negotiable and the interest rates on loans are 15%.

"My cars r substitutes for women...I just plain gave up on them"

I can not follow you, offcourse if i had spent all the mony i have earned thru life so far i would be able to have a couple of cars on the road, ............snip.........And he have a 1958 Chevy apache stepside in a garage at his parents house witch he started to "restore" some 15 years ago, and then gave up on it after a year.

Few guys follow my road....The Road Less Traveled ...it's just that after 2 wives & a bunch of girl friends, I just decided that a life-long relationship wasn't meant for me...it's a trade off to be sure, everything has it's pros & cons....I never could or would have purchased the vette had I been married.

Your friends story is very common...most amateurs just don't foresee the cost & time it takes to correctly restore a car.When u'r already in u'r later years, u just may not have that time left!

Last edited:
Indeed.

And trying to restore a car in a horders garage with a uneven dirt floor witch can fit a Chevy truck with 2" to spare on either sinde dont make it easy.

We did manage to restore his first Landrover in that same garage, but a series 2 88" Landrover is smaller than a old Chevy truck.

Its not like i am a master mechanic myself, but i only know 1 way to do things, and thats the right way.
So often me and my friend collide as he is just interested in getting things done as quick as possible :) we had some interesting discussions in the past decades.
In 1993 i installed a exaust on my own car while it was parked in the street along the curb at my friends parents house, and there was a snow storm going on :eek:
Allmost as Little fun as changing a front axle on a Landrover while lying on the back in a puddle of mud and water.

Subject says it all!

What car do you drive?
SAAB 9-5 SC Aero MapTun [315hp/440Nm] MY03, CosmicBlue Metallic
SAAB 9-3 SS Aero V6 TX Hirsch [300hp/430Nm] MY10, LaserRed
SAAB 9-3 SS Aero TTiD TX Hirsch [200hp/430Nm] MY11, ArcticWhite
SAAB 9-3 SC Griffin Aero Hirsch [260hk/400Nm] MY12, JetBlack Metallic
MB 230SL Pagoda [150hp] MY64, Red

Here are the above SAABs i have at the moment
http://www.garaget.org/frav

... and what have you driven in the past?
SAAB 9000 CS Aero [225++hp] MY96, LemansBlue Metallic
SAAB 900 Turbo BSR [200hp] MY91, White
Audi 100 CC 2.3 Sedan [136hp] MY87, Zermatt Silver Metallic
SAAB 99 GL [100hp] MY81, Red

.........snip....In 1993 i installed a exaust on my own car while it was parked in the street along the curb at my friends parents house, and there was a snow storm going on :eek: Allmost as Little fun as changing a front axle on a Landrover while lying on the back in a puddle of mud and water.

Ha Ha....we part-time mechanics all have similar stories...In a Oregon rain storm alongside the road, w/ a small town nearby, I pulled out the cracked clutch linkage of that Ply Valiant SW, walked to town & got it welded, reinstalled it & went on me way....can't do that in today's cars......but then they seldom break down!

ford fiesta st ( daily driver) car in front is ford ka (girlfriend`s car) , Ruska sprinter (with boat) , oldsmobile delta 88 custom (1969)klein foto.jpg scannen0004.jpg img1462132644[1].jpg

Loek...neat 88 & Ruska rig...but...how come the 88 isn't red?? :D
hahahahaha the red ones , i bought new , so i had my one choise , the olds has it`s Original color hahaha lol

hahahahaha the red ones , i bought new , so i had my one choise , the olds has it`s Original color hahaha lol
Any inside shots of the Olds?

like this ?

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
Back