Korean #1 online dash cam seller, IROAD

Can you provide a link to your products on Amazon? Thanks.
Thank you for your attention.
Please refer to the following links
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...rds=jaewoncnc iroad&sprefix=JAEWONCNC,aps,206 <- amazon

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xiroad&_nkw=iroad&_sacat=0 <-ebay

Price of our dashcams may differ depending on where they are sold, i.e. the country, website
If you are a reseller and thinking of buying in bulks, please let me know.

Thanks heaps

upload_2014-9-10_10-24-41.png
Hi guys, I am Tom. Korean staff working at a Singapore branch.
Our official facebook page has launched.
We have been focusing mostly on the domestic market(i.e. South Korea) and its surrounding areas including Russia, and we are aware that there has been a lack of communication between us and the rest of dashcam users around the world.
It's expected that we may open our next branch in the U.S after legal issues regading using dashcams within the states are resolved.
Til the time comes, kindly leave a message or post whatever you want to post on our facebook page.
Let's get to know each other if you guys do not mind.
A single click on the following link won't waste your time that much.
https://www.facebook.com/carcamerasg?ref=hl
Purchasing from overseas can be made via corvit.sg
Thank you for your generous attention.

Last edited:
upload_2014-11-6_15-0-38.png
Hey guys, Tom again, Korean staff working in IROAD Singapore branch.

First off, let me tell you a little stupid story about a tale of Korean dashcams.

Say I am the number 1 dashcam in Korea. That literally means I am the only one that
deserves number 1 title there. But, believe or not, almost every single Korean dashcam manufacturer
say they are. Where are they now? Do Korean people even know about their dashcam?
Does that sound like I am bluffing, ****y or something?
Nothing has been taken for granted. IROAD dashcams have long resisted fierce bloody competition in Korea, such a small country(the whole country is just as big as Indiana) where once about 200 manufacturers existed and 3/4 of them have evaporated.
And, IROAD V7 now is ranked #1 again(statistically), best-selling dashcam on Korean shopping malls.
Okay, alright, cut that and apologize for lecturing you out of nowhere and got you guys embarrassed.

Introducing a fresh new lineup, IROAD V7.

Let me flash back to what it's got.
upload_2014-11-6_15-4-53.png
Wi-fi capability

mobile app supported,
-Watch live screen, playback, save recordings
-Settings on screen
-Auto recovery - automatically recover mistakenly removed or broken recordings files
-Auto firmware update
Specifications
-2 Channel front/rear HD, 30fps each
-CMOS HD Image sensor
-2.3 Mega pixel
-132 Degrees viewing angle
-Voltage control function embedded - auto voltage cut-off to prevent battery discharge
-Drive(Normal), Motion detection, Parking mode supported
-External GPS
-Blue security light

You can check more in detail at http://corvit.sg/wordpress/?product=1-iroad-v7-wi-fi

For some high-end users, those specs might not be attractive enough.
It sounds little ridiculous, but let me take Iphone for example.
It uses relatively lower-level hardware like RAM, camera pixel etc, but it works way better than
most of other phones with the state of art tech.
Guess what. Tucking whole faster and better resolution ones into dash cam does not necessarily be
an answer.
It might be surprise show that draw some of your attraction if say one dashcam has both front and rear full hd with 128g sd card supported etc.
upload_2014-11-6_16-46-33.png
We do not rush to make ones with better specs. What we care about though is system stability
and making new useful functions like voice recording/guidance, and more importantly, the very basics.
Say you have a very fancy dashcam, but what if it is suddenly switched off or fail to record in the event of an accident? what if a normal record suddenly freezes, and what about wi-fi connection drop off?
Let's get back to the basics. Why one needs a dashcam? To record footages in case you have an accident or to find out someone that smashed your car for fun or something, simply speaking for security of your car. If so, the video recording has to be seamless, clear enough to capture other car's plate number and especially, the camera should not freak you out for the the annoying malfunctions above!
To IROAD V7, those are not an issue. Mount it, record videos and it does record vivid/clear enough seamlessly in whatever situation, too easy.

Its camera lens is made with high strength glass, specially made to endure direct hot sun exposure.
The design of IROAD V7 is small sleek classy bulb light shaped. Not easily visible to other people outside of the mounted vehicle.
IROAD brand dashcam has always been a hit-maker in Korea for its affordable price and decent camera quality. Unless you go out for racing competition or anything, IROAD V7 may be the last missing piece of your vehicle.
I've been writing this for longer than supposed, my hands are tied now unfortunately.
I am done here, what a relief.
Like I said earlier, please visit http://corvit.sg/wordpress/?product=1-iroad-v7-wi-fi
for more information, watching video clips and more.
I appreciate you have read the whole piece of my bad writing and good/bad replies or any questions related are always welcomed.

Cheers!

So that is just for that site then?
Hey, I just showed you one of the figures. If needed, I will ask the headquarter to provide me the official figures to upload here.
Of course, there are good other Korean dashcams, but for now, IROAD V7 is hitting the market.
Thank you again for your attention!

Very nice, diplomatical and constructive introduction. I can see you for sure read / follow our forum and know how to make a presentation. Your marketing skills are high.

The only MAIN thing you forget is:

What maybe good and popular ( "no.1"?) in Korea, - maybe not as good / popular / in demand for so called western market.

And I am not talking only about iRoad, but about most other Korean so called "no.1", about overall concept of "dashcam world perception".

V7 design maybe OK, but technical specs: only HD + HD ? This was "ok" for 2012-2013. For 2014 need at least FullHD + HD, and 2015 is 2x FullHD.

that really doesn't show anything useful, if that site is working well for you then good luck to you, stick with what works for you I guess

Hey, I just showed you one of the figures. If needed, I will ask the headquarter to provide me the official figures to upload here.
Of course, there are good other Korean dashcams, but for now, IROAD V7 is hitting the market.
Just for reference, here comes another one :)
upload_2014-11-6_17-38-34.png
that really doesn't show anything useful, if that site is working well for you then good luck to you, stick with what works for you I guess

Just for reference, here comes another one,
upload_2014-11-6_17-39-46.png

This one is another most popular website, 전체 means overall rank counted from the five major on/online shopping mall(from lotte.com~하이마트)
Now, out of 47,512 dashcam in Korea, IROAD V7 is ranked #1 since day1. I do not know whether whavever info I have give you including this is useful for you,
I just try to show you the fact so that what I wrote above is not a lie :)
Thank you for your attention and good feedback. Cheers!
http://search.11st.co.kr/SearchPrdA...%B7%A2%B9%DA%BD%BA&adUrl=&adKwdTrcNo=&adPrdNo=

Nice looking unit.

However, I am skeptical.

720p. A20 chip, etc. These are things my recent 40 dollar dash cam purchase had. In fact, it had an A10 chip.

Looking at the video samples on the web site (YouTube) reveals video quality about the same as well.

720 rear cam is a step up from the "ebay specials". So is the WiFi.

But I would expect more "current" components for 330 bucks though.

Marketing hype is all well and good, but at the end of the day its just hype. The item has to live up to the claims in the market it was intended. You have to remember the NA market is flooded with high price low quality items as well a low price items. The average person sees 50 bucks and 330 bucks and usually goes for the 50 buck option.

Just my opinion.....:)

Niko also made very good points in post #6 about expected performance these days. After my recent purchase debacle, I look for those specs when shopping. It has also taught me a little better what specs I should be looking for to get the performance I want. While your i7 looks nice, I'd pass since it isn't as "up to date" as other options in that price range...or even some that are in a lower price range.

Last edited:
Very nice, diplomatical and constructive introduction. I can see you for sure read / follow our forum and know how to make a presentation. Your marketing skills are high.

The only MAIN thing you forget is:

What maybe good and popular ( "no.1"?) in Korea, - maybe not as good / popular / in demand for so called western market.

And I am not talking only about iRoad, but about most other Korean so called "no.1", about overall concept of "dashcam world perception".

V7 design maybe OK, but technical specs: only HD + HD ? This was "ok" for 2012-2013. For 2014 need at least FullHD + HD, and 2015 is 2x FullHD.

Thank you for your attention.
I once had exactly the same doubt on our 'retarded' dashcam models.
What I heard was that our target is not specifically high-end user. pricewise, our cameras in Korea are very competitive.
By the way, thank you again for your good feedback and I will hopefully get back to you shortly with our new lineups with better specs.

Cheers!

Nice looking unit.

However, I am skeptical.

720p. A20 chip, etc. These are things my recent 40 dollar dash cam purchase had. In fact, it had an A10 chip.

Looking at the video samples on the web site (YouTube) reveals video quality about the same as well.

720 rear cam is a step up from the "ebay specials". So is the WiFi.

But I would expect more "current" components for 330 bucks though.

Marketing hype is all well and good, but at the end of the day its just hype. The item has to live up to the claims in the market it was intended. You have to remember the NA market is flooded with high price low quality items as well a low price items. The average person sees 50 bucks and 330 bucks and usually goes for the 50 buck option.

Just my opinion.....:)

Thank you for your attention. 330 bucks you saw is in singaporean dollar and in Korea it is about $150 USD. The difference is due to transportation and tax etc.
As we have not opened our branch in the U.S, I have no idea at how much our products will be sold there.

By the way, your feedback will be highly appreciated :)

I just try to show you the fact so that what I wrote above is not a lie

not saying you're a liar, just commenting that I've lost count of the number of Korean cameras that claim to be the number one seller, I'm sure lots of them are number one in some specific space or category that they fail to mention at the time

you might more correctly boast of being the number one selling product (I can't read Korean so take your word on this) on these particular websites, I'm sure there's a lot more sales happening in other places though, as was pointed out already what works in Korea won't necessarily account for much in other markets as the consumer expectations are different

Thank you for your attention. 330 bucks you saw is in singaporean dollar and in Korea it is about $150 USD. The difference is due to transportation and tax etc.
As we have not opened our branch in the U.S, I have no idea at how much our products will be sold there.

150 would still be high for what specs I read on the page....I would still pass on it.

Sorry, but that's my view of an average NA purchaser.

As you mentioned, this is not a high-end solution, so for local Korean market 150usd HD+HD is fair price.
I am start thinking, after all shipping + import + duty taxes + local importer healthy profit margins, V7 will cost around 275-300usd retail. Now there is a dilemma for local buyer: to go with HD+HD for 300$, or to add 25-30% and buy locally a high-end FullHD + FullHD.
I think 9/10 ppl will go with adding a little bit extra $ and getting a high-end locally. This is only my personal opinion how I would act.

even if the price was lower HD is still a tough sell in the western market
Yeah, especially in our internet-time, where everyone can "google" and make his own conclusions after 10-15min.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ryan Park South Korea 0
Back