BobH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
recently bought an 0805 and hard wired it into my car
Sometimes it will record and other times it will not
When it's recording the Blue led flashes at a constant rate and records
However if I turn on the GPS the Blue led flash rate is sporadic and I end up with "invalid" files
If I have any Invalid files the playback stops at the invalid file and the whole thing freezes !
I have removed the sd card and connected it to my laptop and all the files play ok
I have reset the camera several times and reformatted the card but still I can't get consistent good recordings
My sd card is 32 gb class 10 and I'm wondering if this is too fast
Really fed up with the device now
Does anyone have any suggestions please

Thanks

Does it ever flash red to show that it is charging or have power from your hardwiring?

Hmmm . . . Some questions

When you turn on the GPS, is that a separate navigation unit or the GPS on the 805?
If separate, are you manipulating power plugs?

I'm not familiar with the 805. Is the GPS integral with the unit or does it use a separate antenna.
If separate, are you plugging in the antenna to turn it on?

I suggest resetting to default settings. My first unit stopped recording from no perceivable cause with every use. One day my wife was at the wheel and allowed me to play. I found it stopped with every road bump and realized the G sensor was set too sensitive. Whenever a bump hit the setting threshold, the unit locked up to prevent overwriting the event.

Without being closer to your issue, I suspect bad electric connections. I suggest powering the 805 with the GPS antenna connected in you kitchen from an AC to 12V dc converter and loose 12 volt socket for several hours and see if it performs as expected. This will also allow the battery to fully charge in a controlled environment. I also suggest getting accustomed to how all plugs fully land in their sockets. If all is well, temporarily mount in a fully accessible location in the car with without any other devices connected for several hours while parked. If all goes well, place as you like. If you encounter difficulty, you will then know its not the dash cam.

If hard wired, double check the source and ground. I originally connected my second dash cam to the ground wire serving the map lights and regrettably found the car controlled the light using both the hot and ground.

I now use my GT680W's provided plug connected to a loose 12 volt socket, secured with a few wraps of electric tape, wired the socket to a ground screw on the chassis and Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder with 3.5 amp fuse, piggy backed on the seat heater circuit that energizes with the ignition and buried the wires behind finishes. This powers and protects the GT680W as intended by E-Prance. Note, the provided cord includes a fuse. The nice part is I didn't have to splice the harness. The dash cam fires up and records upon turning the key and shuts down when I pull the key and open the door which is when the car's brain kills that circuit. Mine is running for almost a year without attention. With the same circuit I similarly power my Garmin GPS .

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
tried a different card? I had issues with a fake 32gb sandisk class 10. using quomox sd cards in 28 0803 and 0805 cameras now without any problems now

The GPS is integrated into the windshield mount and the Mini 0805 can be powered from the mount or the base unit. GPS should be indicated by icon when viewing the display. GPS must be set to "yes" during setup. Check the many YouTube videos for tips.

The GPS is integrated into the windshield mount and the Mini 0805 can be powered from the mount or the base unit. GPS should be indicated by icon when viewing the display. GPS must be set to "yes" during setup. Check the many YouTube videos for tips.
Hi

Yes I get the GPS icon on the screen ok

But as I said the Blue led flashes erratically and not at a steady rate when the GPS is turned ON (in settings)
Guess it's collecting GPS data but don't understand why this should affect flashing rate
With GPs turned on though I get more Invalid files
I'll try it again but I'm thinking I have a dodgy sd card
I've just noticed that the eBay seller of my card says it is an 'upgraded' card from 8 Gb to 32 Gb !

tried a different card? I had issues with a fake 32gb sandisk class 10. using quomox sd cards in 28 0803 and 0805 cameras now without any problems now
Hi

Yes I suspect I have a dodgy card so I'll try another one

Hmmm . . . Some questions

When you turn on the GPS, is that a separate navigation unit or the GPS on the 805?
If separate, are you manipulating power plugs?

I'm not familiar with the 805. Is the GPS integral with the unit or does it use a separate antenna.
If separate, are you plugging in the antenna to turn it on?

I suggest resetting to default settings. My first unit stopped recording from no perceivable cause with every use. One day my wife was at the wheel and allowed me to play. I found it stopped with every road bump and realized the G sensor was set too sensitive. Whenever a bump hit the setting threshold, the unit locked up to prevent overwriting the event.

Without being closer to your issue, I suspect bad electric connections. I suggest powering the 805 with the GPS antenna connected in you kitchen from an AC to 12V dc converter and loose 12 volt socket for several hours and see if it performs as expected. This will also allow the battery to fully charge in a controlled environment. I also suggest getting accustomed to how all plugs fully land in their sockets. If all is well, temporarily mount in a fully accessible location in the car with without any other devices connected for several hours while parked. If all goes well, place as you like. If you encounter difficulty, you will then know its not the dash cam.

If hard wired, double check the source and ground. I originally connected my second dash cam to the ground wire serving the map lights and regrettably found the car controlled the light using both the hot and ground.

I now use my GT680W's provided plug connected to a loose 12 volt socket, secured with a few wraps of electric tape, wired the socket to a ground screw on the chassis and Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder with 3.5 amp fuse, piggy backed on the seat heater circuit that energizes with the ignition and buried the wires behind finishes. This powers and protects the GT680W as intended by E-Prance. Note, the provided cord includes a fuse. The nice part is I didn't have to splice the harness. The dash cam fires up and records upon turning the key and shuts down when I pull the key and open the door which is when the car's brain kills that circuit. Mine is running for almost a year without attention. With the same circuit I similarly power my Garmin GPS .

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that info

I'm certain my electrical connections are ok

Perhaps I'm not letting the GPS settle long enough

Even with GPS turned OFF I am getting some Invalid files so I'm going to try a new sd card and re set the system and try again

I'll keep you informed

Yeah anytime you have any random issues with a camera run it through this software:

http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

Format the card before running it through this and it will then fill the card with data and then read it back - it's great at picking up fake cards and as you've just said it's an upgraded card that's a really sneaky way of saying it's a fake.

eBay and Amazon should instantly ban people selling stuff like this but they're more bothered about profits which is why they let this happen.

Yeah anytime you have any random issues with a camera run it through this software:

Format the card before running it through this and it will then fill the card with data and then read it back - it's great at picking up fake cards and as you've just said it's an upgraded card that's a really sneaky way of saying it's a fake.

eBay and Amazon should instantly ban people selling stuff like this but they're more bothered about profits which is why they let this happen.

Hello

Used that program to validate my SD card and it threw up multiple errors !!

Awaiting a new card tomorrow but I shall put it through the test to make sure it's ok

If this one turns out to be faulty / fake I will have to invest in a more reputable brand from a reputable seller
Have you got any suggestions .

Thanks again for you help
I learn something new every day !

It's a bit of a hard question at the moment as the Samsung Evo were really popular but there is a potential bad batch out there at the moment as a few people on here have had problems recently and there are loads of bad reviews on Amazon UK about them popping up recently too.

The thing is whenever a brand becomes popular the fakes will come along quickly. It happened to Sandisk and it happens to all the brands.

Likewise cost cutting the manufacturers do can cause issues longer term too - in all fairness I've got Kingston, Sandisk and Samsung cards here and out of all of them I've had the most problems with the Samsung Evo card which goes totally against what you'd normally hear on here. One of the Sandisk cards has been used in every camera I've had since April and it's currently running 24x7 in the X2.

The Transcend Premium 300x cards have a good reputation on here for dashcam use.

The best way to ensure you get a real card is stay away from eBay and buy from somewhere like MyMemory or directly from Amazon (not a third party marketplace vendor) - it's luck of the draw with the third parties sometimes. They're really not all dodgy.

I prefer CostCo UK as they have a great returns policy and if it ever breaks you just turn up and they'll either replace it there and then or they'll just refund you.

It's a bit of a hard question at the moment as the Samsung Evo were really popular but there is a potential bad batch out there at the moment as a few people on here have had problems recently and there are loads of bad reviews on Amazon UK about them popping up recently too.
Just had a look at these bad reviews. Part of the problem is that Amazon puts all the reviews for a product together so that if one supplier is supplying fakes then the reviews for other suppliers appear bad! It does look like someone has been supplying "upgraded" fake cards recently. Ebay feedback isn't a good guide either since most people who buy a 32GB card stick it in their phone and use 1 or 2GB, the "upgraded" bit that doesn't exist never gets tested and they give good feedback!

My Samsung cards have worked perfectly, but make sure you get it from a reliable supplier, not one that has recently appeared. Same goes for the other makes.

Part of the problem is that Amazon puts all the reviews for a product together so that if one supplier is supplying fakes then the reviews for all other suppliers appear bad!
In fact it is worse than that, the reviews for the 64GB Samsung Evo cards are also grouped in with the reviews for all other sizes of Samsung Evo cards and the reviews for the Samsung Pro cards and the Samsung Standard cards from all suppliers! It is the Evo cards that appear to have most of the problems but as they are the most popular it is those that are being faked.

It still has a score of 4.7 out of 5 though which is good...

Well problem now solved with a genuine SD card validated with H2testw
Thanks to all those members that pointed me in the right direction

Once in a while I will get some problem with the 0805 not recording. I just swop with a normal (unmarked, unclassed) 8gb card and it goes back to recording straightaway. When I tested the main 32gb class 10 card with the h2testw software, it showed no problem as well. So I'm a bit puzzled, but it's something that I don't want to spend too much time over ;)

Not a solution for you, just sharing my own encounter with this 0805 ...

Once in a while I will get some problem with the 0805 not recording. I just swop with a normal (unmarked, unclassed) 8gb card and it goes back to recording straightaway. When I tested the main 32gb class 10 card with the h2testw software, it showed no problem as well. So I'm a bit puzzled, but it's something that I don't want to spend too much time over ;)

Not a solution for you, just sharing my own encounter with this 0805 ...

I don't have any experience of using a GOOD 32gb class 10 card

I have followed the manufacturers instructions and now gone for a Class 6 card

Only time will tell

Back