My Panorama X2

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
Hi folks,

I recently took the cards out of y camera to view some files. Now that I've put them back in, I can constantly see the words Panorama X2 showing on the screen all of the time, even when I am parked up.

I never had this before, it was always just a black screen.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Hiya reverend. When I was trying to put the cards back into the camera I was having a real problem with one of them, can't remember which one, but I did manage it in the end. I notice from looking at the cards this morning, that it hasn't recorded anything since 06/07/15 which is somewhat disappointing.

Anyway I have run the link that you have mentioned and have got the following on one of the cards -

Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 915455 Orphan truncated
Convert lost chains to file (Y/N)?

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you

You can try this:

- disconnect power plug
- remove memory cards from main unit
- connect power to X2
- start car engine
- insert memory cards into unit cards slots
- format each memory card in the unit

Let me know did it help ?

Hello Niko, nice to hear from you again.

As you're here now, do I need to answer Y or N to the question in my reply to reverend?

Hiya reverend. When I was trying to put the cards back into the camera I was having a real problem with one of them, can't remember which one, but I did manage it in the end. I notice from looking at the cards this morning, that it hasn't recorded anything since 06/07/15 which is somewhat disappointing.

Anyway I have run the link that you have mentioned and have got the following on one of the cards -

Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 915455 Orphan truncated
Convert lost chains to file (Y/N)?

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you
Ah to anything chkdsk says is wrong you just press Y to fix. Once it's completed you should then be able to run chkdsk again with no errors.

Once chkdsk is completed the cards should work again in the camera - if there's nothing you want to save at that point it's usually worth formatting them so they're clean again anyway but I've got to admit I haven't formatted since the last week in April now as I just had the cards out to check :)

Yes I've run it again with no errors, great thank you.

I've just done the same procedure with the rear card and there wer no errors on that one but, the last recording was still 06/07/2015. Does that mean if the front card is corrupt, then the rear one won't work anyway?

Any answers to my last post plwase?

Have you got power control turned on mate as the only time I've seen the rear channel not work for that long were either a major card issue or the camera hadn't been turned off for over 7 days in which case a memory leak type issue seems to kick in.

If I remember, then @Bluenose has v1.01.09 firmware, which was ( is ) most stable for me, but I guess memory cards are in need of manual formatting time to time ( every 2-3 weeks ? ) in order to keep stable performance ?

Power control? not sure what this is referring to I'm afraid, can you give a pointer please.

I was home late tonight but I will have a look tomorrow to see if I have any recordings from today. Not sure what is meant by 'memory leak' either. I do know that my camera has been on for more than 7 days, in fact I rarely turn it off now as I don't have a battery drain problem anymore.

I will also format the cards as per Niko's suggestion.

Will be back tomorrow. thanks folks, much appreciated

Well folks, I have just had a look at my cards, fron and rear, and they have recorded yesterdays journeys perfectly. However, as per Niko's suggestion, I will format both of them in the camera this morning as they have not been done since I reverted back to v10.01.09.

Would still appreciate an explanation for 'Power Control' and 'Memory Leak' please.

EDIT at 10am I have gone through Niko's procedure and have formatted both cards and so I will see what I get when I go out in the car later. I will report back on this.
One thing that I have noticed is that I no longer seem to get the 'signature tune' from the camera when I switch on the ignition. Any thoughts on this please.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone got any answers to my questions in post 11 please?

many thanks.

Thank you for that jokiin, much appreciated.

Any ideas as to why I don't get the signature tune anymore when switching on the ignition please?

Thank you for that jokiin, much appreciated.

Any ideas as to why I don't get the signature tune anymore when switching on the ignition please?

Please check from menu settings under "Speaker" if its not "OFF".

Problems are back again!!!! Everything seemed to be fine, I was able to go into the camera setting and check that all was OK. I spotted that the spaeker was off and so was able to put that right.

Went for a drive this morning and noticed that I have got 'Panorama X2' showing all of the time on the screen again.

I have run both cards the the chkdsk again and no problems were reported.

Each time that I tap the screen, all I get today is a beep with nothing else showing, whereas yesterday as I say, I was able to go into all of the settings options OK.

Any thoughts folks. Thank you.

Problems are back again!!!! Everything seemed to be fine, I was able to go into the camera setting and check that all was OK. I spotted that the spaeker was off and so was able to put that right.

Went for a drive this morning and noticed that I have got 'Panorama X2' showing all of the time on the screen again.

I have run both cards the the chkdsk again and no problems were reported.

Each time that I tap the screen, all I get today is a beep with nothing else showing, whereas yesterday as I say, I was able to go into all of the settings options OK.

Any thoughts folks. Thank you.

As I understand its a freezed Panorama X2 boot-up logo appearing on the screen after car is parked overnight or day time long period.
Can you try to switch off a parking mode and drive this way for few days to see if its related to voltage cut-off during parking mode or not.

Hi again Niko,
It's strange that this has stared to happen now. It was working perfectly for quite a few weeks without any problems.

I mentioned in my earlier post that I had run chkdsk and all was fine. What I forgot to mention was that after I got back home this morning, in addition to the logo showing all of the time, there were no recordings made.

I don't know if I am going to be able to turn off the parking mode as I was not able to get into anything earlier. As I said, if I tap the screen, all I get is a beep with no options coming up. What will be the answer if I still can't get in?

Thanks again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back