Cowon AW2, 2ch 1080p / 30Fps + 1080p / 30Fps WiFi, GPS, WDR, Android, iOs

Nooo not got 550 anymore just the dr 500 .Been trying to have a rear cam that does not mess with my DAB so going to try the Cowon. The other problem with the 550 is the loose connection to the rear and front cam. there is no way you can plug in and out more than a few times. If it starts off to tight then you can run the risk of pulling the socket out, that's what happened to me in January . If it survives the first unplug then it becomes loose and you lose connection with the rear cam. In the end I never push the plug in all the way. As the 500 does not have rear cam it works and does not suffer these faults. How the 550 ever got into production with this hit and miss connection I will never know. As for buying a sleeve to put the front cam in forget it once its plugged in leave it.

It's good that @rickyaswell can do side by side Cowon AW2 vis 550, - then we can see real result.
If to believe my eyes what I sew from raw / original files of 550 vs AW1, - then Cowon at this time has slightly dull colours compare to 550 and Cowon need to adjust colour settings. Also 550 has slightly better sharpness, but it's not because of focus ( focus is OK ), but from default sharpness settings of firmware. All this can be adjusted with new FW ( if / when it will be released ).
Is this with the newest FW from Cowon, dated 6 March?

new member and shopping for 2ch system. I like the Cowon AW2 over the 550. The feature I like most is the built-in voltage cut-off and timer. Questions:

1. any comments on the built-in voltage cut-off and timer? I can get the AW2 without having to buy an external device like the Magic Pro? I read horror stories about dead batteries using an external battery drain prevention device and would prefer a built-in feature. My main use for the AW2 is the parking mode to monitor my car while parked at the train station during daytime (for about 6 to 8 hrs) while I am off to work. Reading the AF2 manual (don't see one for AW2) seems to suggest I can set voltage cut-off at 12.4V and timer to 5 or 10 hours. Are there other 2ch brands out there with built-in voltage cut-off and timer?
  2. is the voice prompt in English? The ones sold on eBay state that the voice prompt is in Korean. The latest firmware on the Cowon website is dated Apr 7, 2014. is this the English version? Are both the Smart Manager and PC Manager applications in English? Don't read Korean so I need to make sure I can read and change the settings in English.
  3. will the external GPS receiver for AW1 work with the AW2?
  4. any user reviews on the video quality vs 550?

Hi guys :) I've question about cowon aw2. I asked to seller that cowon aw2 had a simple battery or capacitor. I got answer. Seller said cowon aw2 uses simpke battery. So anybody has knowledge about can we change aw2's battery with capacitor? Cause dashcams has problem about battery while runs under hot wheather and the battery being fat. I'm waiting for your answers Thanx for all.

I still haven't had time to properly review the camera, but I've at least uploaded a total of 8 sample videos (directly as-is from the camera; no editing, no re-encoding), from daytime and nighttime. The bitrate is about 7400kbps for each file.

Note: I'm using Google Drive to share the files, which will attempt to play it in an embedded player if you just click on each file. To view the actual original quality, you'll need to download the .mp4 files and play them from your drive. (Click on the video, and then click on the Download button near the bottom-right.)

I've also uploaded the AW1's English manual, since I haven't found the AW2 manual in English yet. It's still possible that the AW1/AW2 differ in the specs, but the grand majority of the AW1's manual applies to the AW2. I hope this helps.

Any updates to this cam from you cats that are using them?

This is indeed a fantastic system. It's the resolution that is a deal breaker. I was this close to getting this system until the x2 was announced...

Cowon AW2 I can't find RAW files...

And how much bitrate ?

This camera using
Li-Po Battery or no battery ?

Cowon AW2 I can't find RAW files...

And how much bitrate ?

This camera using
Li-Po Battery or no battery ?

Li-Po battery. Around 8Mbps bit-rate.

Does this cam run hot like the Blackvue?

Back