White screen with new screen

Andsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a new screen from a china site after my screen got busted after a kid kicked a football at it on my bike, after the incident the original screen was white but cracked all over, connected the new screen but its just white, i tried reloading the original FW_20140507 FW96650a.bin file blue light just stayed on and screen stayed white, i had to turn off, i even tried with the FW_20140329 FW96650a.bin file and getting the same white screen and having to manually turn off, is there something wrong with the cam as it still records and everything else, or is the screen wrong, any help please.
http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/andsaw/media/sj4000/DSCF1826.jpg.html

might help...

oooops you ,tried that:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a known good screen if you get stuck

Thanks, what do you want for the screen petepete, could be worth trying that.

although I know its definitely a sj4000 number on back of the screen is -- T15p00 02140428D66 n so check that first ..

just wondering out loud...

Are you sure your cam is genuine ??

All I know is, indications are pointing to geniune , I got it last July and it had the v2 on the menu and is the same menu colour and layout correct case and outer box, but when I was doing a bit of searching the other night I saw on a RC forum that there is or was three makers, and I'm sure I saw king in there, I will go and find it.

somewhere on this forum is a bit about how you can be sure..

The king mentioned was refering to HDKing at hdking8.com the other maker was sjcam and one other but no name for it, and got a feeling its a FK-HD603C model, the screen is viewable from the e-king website but no idea if its the same screen used on the sjcam or if there even compatible with each other, so I have no idea if I have the sj or fk, will have to do some looking.

Last edited:
Well, i cant find any info on the FK model, and as jokiin said, they may have used a different screen at some point, and there is some sort of mis-match between the screens using different drivers etc, the version i have is using "20140324V02" and the menu is the darkish blue, this is replacement that i have, , PetePete, where in the uk are you located, just wondering if i am any where near you.
Is there a possibility that there is actual damage that the cam like when the screen cracked has maybe shorted something in the circuit, just thinking of more scenarios, im not sure what happens to cracked screens and circuitry.

near flash in the peak district.

Your not that far, im in winsford.

I think banggood.com has been known to mix fakes in with real units.

You purchases July 2014 or July 2015?

Okay, that is a long time ago.

There is a good chance it is real.

Feel free to ask other SJ4000 questions on the SJCAM Forum
Why don't you offer screens, as its nearly impossible to buy them, as Banggood and Aliexpress both have the same screens and as said possibly fake, you could counteract them both.

told you I had a genuine one..

Its out of a genuine sj 4000 new camera that's been returned with a faulty switch I couldn't repair ..

£4 and you can have it and you might want to buy a genuine sj 4000 that's all but unused for £29 as a spare !!!

Why don't you offer screens, as its nearly impossible to buy them...

SJCAM are typical in selling disposable consumer products, which are not designed to be user-repairable, & for which spare parts are not readily available.

An exception to this rule is Mobius, which was designed from the outset to be easily user-repairable, & for which spare parts are readily available.

Back