Man confronts woman parked in handicap spot outside Tim Horton’s

This guy is probably a professional instigator and probably works as a mall cop. Nothing better to do with his spare time than going around filming people whom he thinks are doing crimes against society. Let the police handle things.

Actually , if you witness a crime being committed , you have the right by law to confront the criminal or gather evidence or even make a citizens arrest ( as long as its an arrest able offence )
So legally , this person has done nothing wrong .. ( as would be the case in most countries ) Though Im sure in some countries this may not be the case .

Also in the USA , is there one state of the Union , where it is actually illegal to witness a crime and do nothing to help your fellow citizen (?)
So while everyone has an opinion , opinion is not law .

Not sure about America but in the UK if someone breaks into your house during the night and you switch your lights on our justice system is so perverse that you will probably end up with an assault charge for ruining their night vision, causing a temporary strain on their eyes, giving them a fright and obstructing them from carrying out their robbery and whatever else they were planning to do. Full compensation award given to perpetrator and possible custodial sentence handed out to you.

As for this incident, there's no point confronting them as the type of person who does this isn't going to care. You could report them but I doubt it will go anywhere.

I wanted to tell the police about the 2 times i got my car vandalised when i mover up here to Randers, the way i undestand Danish led me to feel what i was told in the phone was " go fawk yourself we dont have time for this "poo"
Now i wasent expecting a fingerprint team to swing by or anything, but getting brushed off that way in the phone just amplified the loathing i allready had towards the Danish judicial system.
I felt this way since i was 18 and had my car rear-ended by a drunk guy, and the police dident want to react to that, and the 2 police cars slowly passing by the accident scene allso dident want to stop even though 4 ppl was waving frantic at them.

So for 30 years i had major issues with essential parts of my society, and the fact i myself have been part of making the society as it is by voting for the ppl that have the ultimate responsibility for things beeing the way they are dont make it any better.

Some times i wish i still was a "ignorant" pothead able to let things like that slide and not bother me so much as it do now.

I think i have a severe bout of weltschmerz :eek: perhaps i should start writing a book :p or just read more books and find the solution there.
And yes i read Mein kampf long ago, and thats not the solution for damm sure. :D

...had a similar encounter a few years back; had to park on the handicap-spot in Front of an eye-clinic.
A "good person" came, started shouting about "you are not handicapped", filming me, writing down my licence-plate aso...

He even called police exaggerating the situation - next police-office was right next door.

Issue on hand:
as we didn't know how long father's surgery would go, my brother left the "placard" (? the sign allowing you to use the handicap-spot; in switzerland, this one is for the person, not a specific car) with the reception of the clinic, as we didn't know if he or I will go to pick him up to bring him home after his cataract-surgery (ambulant)

The Officer asked "why did you park in the handicap-spot" - I explained "fahter, sitting in a wheel-chair after a stroke, had an ambulant surgery; if you give me 30sec, i can get the placard left at the reception"...

Yes, the one in the vid overdone it, and should not have used the handicap-spot. But the one with the camera didn't do it right, either... Ask the Question once, and let the camera roll... No need to become invasive...

Hehehehe , yeah , look ...
People can be ass holes at the best of times , and to the best of my knowledge , being an ass hole is still legal ...

SO the dushenbag with the camera might have been some what of an ass hole to the low life Bee-atch criminal , but I find it hard to feel sorry for the criminal .
( Not the parking , but throwing hot coffee > could be felony assault - possibly )
So taking sides with the dushenbitch , yeah ... just not going to happen !
Because I just cant see her side of it ( never having parked in a handicapped spot ) ..
Because what sort of low life healthy adult parks in a handicapped spot (?) Well , obviously people with mental health issues ! ( or serious attitude problems )

Because they aren't in the wrongdoer's face persistently harassing them in an attempt to provoke a negative reaction. Backing someone into a corner and repeatedly insulting them achieves nothing but triggering aggression.

That whole statement has you sympathizing with the woman. Just to refresh my memory I went back and watched it again, pay attention to who was the first aggressor in that incident. I doubt if you were told to ####off and that they would break your camera after asking that question ONCE you would be so calm as to just walk away.

Anyway, this is my last post on this subject, I, as the man taking the video found out, know that this is going nowhere.

Actually , if you witness a crime being committed , you have the right by law to confront the criminal or gather evidence or even make a citizens arrest ( as long as its an arrest able offence )
So legally , this person has done nothing wrong .. ( as would be the case in most countries ) Though Im sure in some countries this may not be the case .

Also in the USA , is there one state of the Union , where it is actually illegal to witness a crime and do nothing to help your fellow citizen (?)
So while everyone has an opinion , opinion is not law .

That is an episode from Seinfeld. It's when the fat man got robbed and the Seinfeld crew were laughing at him.

This would've been better if it was a handicap guy filming the girl taking that spot.

i do wish they policed that more aggressively, as i've seen people parking in disabled spots without proper plates (or mirror-hanger tag) plenty of times.
I do too. I have family members who are disabled, and it is very obnoxious to see people who either...

Use someone else parking permit.
Park there without one at all
Park in the no parking space next to a handcap spot for people with wheel chairs and walkers to get out (with or without proper permit)
Like this guy
sttSRHbm.png

Also not a fan of the guy in parked in the crosswalk near the curb.
Couldn't find a picture of the text that says take it down while driving
perm-card.gif

Not all states seem to write them on the place card though.

Last edited:
That is an episode from Seinfeld. It's when the fat man got robbed and the Seinfeld crew were laughing at him.

This would've been better if it was a handicap guy filming the girl taking that spot.

Yes , I think this is where I saw that .... But is it an actual law that the TV series made fun off , or just a LOAD !

With over one million laws on the books in the USA , it can be a little hard to know exactly what is and what is not ... ( Well BS )

I wonder if he would have been so brave if the driver was a 6ft odd muscle guy instead of a small woman. OK she shouldn't have been in the disabled bay but was the twat with the camera standing waiting with camera at the ready for her return to the car.
My missus would have lamped him for feeling threatened by a weirdo stranger trying to film her. He could have noted the plate number and reported it to police or car park owner. Instead some halfwit press agency which has nothing else important to publish decide to print this on the say so of a crap bit of filming.

I sympathise with disabled folk who have problems accessing some establishments but some can be pretty unreasonable in their expectations and having the press in tow to back them up. A recent article on a local TV station news, a disabled guy in a wheelchair complaining he could not access some local restaurants because the steps leading up to the entrance, one was more a first flat level, another at basement level, some had x amount of steps leading up to the level. The names of these restaurants being shown in the examples, most cases impossible to make access for wheelchair users because of the building design or being listed buildings.

Why can't a elderly person who may not be physically disabled not get a parking spot nearer the store, we still find it a effort carrying groceries from one end of the car park to another.

Well I finally looked up what Tim Hortons is.

God forbid that a disabled person would have to wait a few minutes to park to get their coffee and doughnuts. That would be a life-changing event.

God forbid that a disabled person would have to wait a few minutes to park to get their coffee and doughnuts.....
Yeah, much more equitable that an able bodied person be able to thumb their nose at society's rules and use those same few minutes for their own selfish use. <end sarcasm>

Well I finally looked up what Tim Hortons is.

God forbid that a disabled person would have to wait a few minutes to park to get their coffee and doughnuts. That would be a life-changing event.

Blame the law in USA. Every single facilities are required to have handicap parking spots, and the number are related to total parking so larger parking lot needs more handicap spots.
Banks? need handicap parking spots
Toughman competition arena? need handicap parking spots
Military bases? need handicap parking spots
Amish only convention? need handicap parking spots

Hehe you guys are going Danish, time to dig in the heel and then do a 180.

Sure taking care of sick and handicapped is a must for a good society, but some times i do think it get a little out of hand.

I think its about respect as much as anything else ... ( respecting your elders and such )
Sure we could simply discard the old , the infirmed and the weak . I think the Nazi's tried that (?)
Or we can show them the respect and due consideration they have earned ( hopefully ) ..

If I have to walk an extra 50 meters , so what ! ( and I have a bad back ) ...
I have never been tempted by disabled parking , not ever ! And I am not sure how to understand people that think its ok to park there (?)
I simply dont understand their thought process that makes them think they are entitled !
Perhaps if the penalties were increased , to like a minimum $1000 fine and jail for those that keep re-offending ...
Even better still , a tattoo on their fore head , something simple and elegant , like " scum " .

Or we can show them the respect and due consideration they have earned ( hopefully )

That is and will be a problem here with 100.000 of ppl have sneaked thru life without ever moving a finger, the scary part is many of those have been given a erly pension by social workers, cuz then they was out of ther hair.
It is a well known issue here, but there will be no talking about taking the pension they dont deserve avay from them, cuz that would be like admitting mistakes, and Danish civil service workers dont make mistakes. :(

And so once again the sick and weak ppl suffer at the hands of con artists and criminals.

In this way the Danish welfare model have been failing ever since the system was started in the erly 70ties, and i am wondering when ppl will figure out of this.

Here the insane ppl will be released on friday to make room for the ppl that will be admitted over the weekend, and here i am talking about ppl that is so sick they are a danger to them self and the ppl around them. :rolleyes:

Never !
People never work anything out !
Just look at the war on drugs ! What a joke .... (!)
If you really want to solve the drug problem , just legalize it and provide high quality safe drugs to those that abuse substance ...
Once legalized , bye bye criminal element , bye bye bad drugs ( unsafe - dangerous - cut with battery acid - rubbish )
As well , the drugs would be taxed , so much needed Tax money .. Im sure most substances could support anything from 100% tax to 1000% tax ..
+ Would give the police the opportunity to do something more productive , as well fewer people needing to go to jail ...
Fewer murders , fewer break ins , fewer muggings , fewer dead children ...
Honestly , legalizing drugs make so much sense , that not doing so just seems like insanity !
But I guess that would mean that the powers that be would have to admit to making one of the biggest mistakes ever ..
One that has cost 100's of thousands of lives , Trillions of dollars , and untold pain and suffering needlessly for quite a few decades now !
I wonder who has the BALL's to stand up and say , sorry everyone , looks like it was all a waste of time and effort !

Ps/ I dont use drugs , I don't drink or smoke ... ( I don't like drugs )
But I see the insanity for what it is ....

Never !
People never work anything out !
Just look at the war on drugs ! What a joke .... (!)
If you really want to solve the drug problem , just legalize it and provide high quality safe drugs to those that abuse substance ...
Once legalized , bye bye criminal element , bye bye bad drugs ( unsafe - dangerous - cut with battery acid - rubbish )
As well , the drugs would be taxed , so much needed Tax money .. Im sure most substances could support anything from 100% tax to 1000% tax ..
+ Would give the police the opportunity to do something more productive , as well fewer people needing to go to jail ...
Fewer murders , fewer break ins , fewer muggings , fewer dead children ...
Honestly , legalizing drugs make so much sense , that not doing so just seems like insanity !
But I guess that would mean that the powers that be would have to admit to making one of the biggest mistakes ever ..
One that has cost 100's of thousands of lives , Trillions of dollars , and untold pain and suffering needlessly for quite a few decades now !
I wonder who has the BALL's to stand up and say , sorry everyone , looks like it was all a waste of time and effort !

Ps/ I dont use drugs , I don't drink or smoke ... ( I don't like drugs )
But I see the insanity for what it is ....
i don't drink or otherwise imbibe either. but i'm with you. legalize it. but continue to enforce EXISTING laws about driving under the influence, continue to allow employers to do drug tests, especially for critical jobs like healthcare, law enforcement, etc. i didn't get a drug test when i applied for a job at DeLorean (irony?) but i did get one when i applied to be an IT guy at the law firm i currently work for. and when i worked as a contractor in the early 2000s, the temp agencies i worked for also drug tested me.

sure, they'd probably have to adjust the drug test tolerances to allow for recreational pot or whatever, since apparently some occasional pot use is fine, just like occasional alcohol use. that shouldn't be too hard.

prohibition didn't work out so well, did it? and now alcohol is legal. i don't see much of a difference here. it's already perfectly legal for a person to buy a bunch of everclear and get completely wasted on it, so why shouldn't they be able to kill brain cells a different way?

I think its about respect as much as anything else ... ( respecting your elders and such )
Sure we could simply discard the old , the infirmed and the weak . I think the Nazi's tried that (?)
Nice Godwin.
Seriously, this is what I'm complaining about, the twisting and blowing out of proportion of it all. Society does disabled people a favour as a COURTESY, and the moment anyone fails to extend that COURTESY they are demonised.

Respect is a 2-way street. Don't expect people to treat you nice if you won't treat them nice.

We can't really judge the seriousness of the situation. The "citizen journalist" (as he was described in one of the links, LOL) failed to include key information. Was this the only parking spot? Was it the only disabled parking spot? Were all parking spots full? How long was the woman parked there, did any disabled people fail to park during that time? Were there important facilities nearby that disabled people might need?
No detail was gathered, nor did he care. He just jumped on the opportunity to round on someone who seemed easy to pick on, to portray himself as a hero.

If you want to respect your elders, I'm in my second half-century. Where's my over-50s parking spot???

Back