Raytis

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
ENFORCER
Hey guys,

Raytis here. We make dashcams. We also happen to sell them - only in the US for now.

Our ENFORCER line of dashcams are available exclusively at Amazon.com.
Link to our Amazon storefront: https://www.amazon.com/shops/A3DFMYTLAV128J

You can learn more about our products at our website, although you can't buy directly from our website.
Link to our official website: http://raytis.com

We have a Facebook presence as well, don't miss out on updates, promotions, and more!
Find us on Facebook here: http://fb.com/RaytisOfficial

Last edited:
Is it possible you share some raw footage of the cam?

Is it possible you share some raw footage of the cam?
We're actually reluctant to show sample footage, because from a neutral standpoint, manufacturer provided samples are probably not the most trustworthy representation of actual performance. No manufacturer would be willing to showcase their products in a bad light, so it's highly likely that the videos are cherry picked and recorded under the most optimal environmental variables.
That said, I don't think just giving that response would be satisfactory, so we did record some samples upon request previously. We slapped a mass production unit into one of our employee's car to simulate a real world scenario, and the results are available here:

Day front:
Day rear:
Night front:
Night rear:

Last edited:
From the amazon user questions:
Both cameras are identical, but bitrate differs at 11Mbit/s for front channel and 7Mbit/s for rear channel.
Operating voltage: 5V; current: 750ma; temperature: 32°F to 140°F. (According to our tests, it can continue to operate normally at temperatures as low as 14°F, but may have trouble powering on.)

So rates are a bit low but that can be partly mitigated by good firmware tuning. And 10mbps on ambarella isn't the same as 10mbps on novatek. Looks decent on YouTube at least. Overall looks like it could be a good competitor to the k1s. Maybe the only thing it lacks is capacitors instead of a battery, true parking mode, and an external lock/emergency button. I do like the idea of an external microphone though! Strange how the rear cam is mirrored - can that be switched by the user?

Maybe the only thing it lacks is capacitors instead of a battery, true parking mode, and an external lock/emergency button. I do like the idea of an external microphone though! Strange how the rear cam is mirrored - can that be switched by the user?
Yeah, unfortunately if any of the lacking features you mentioned is a must, then the DX1 isn't the right choice.

The mirrored rear image is actually a feature. It's enabled by default, and can be disabled in the settings. The idea is that you will find the live video feed "natural", because it simulates what you'd see when you look into the rearview mirror. Indeed it makes less sense if you're not viewing a live feed, and weird during playback. It comes down to your preference and usage priorities.

Yeah, unfortunately if any of the lacking features you mentioned is a must, then the DX1 isn't the right choice.

The mirrored rear image is actually a feature. It's enabled by default, and can be disabled in the settings. The idea is that you will find the live video feed "natural", because it simulates what you'd see when you look into the rearview mirror. Indeed it makes less sense if you're not viewing a live feed, and weird during playback. It comes down to your preference and usage priorities.
I'm glad you give the user the option. Many manufacturers don't.

I also hope it records front and rear cameras into separate files. My blacksys cf100 combines front and rear into one file which is hard to work with in most video editors, and only certain players can play them. It's really the only thing i hate about it. So I wrote a script to break them into individual files :D

Yes, front and rear recordings are individual files. Pretty awesome you're able to whip up a script to split the combined video.

Yes, front and rear recordings are individual files. Pretty awesome you're able to whip up a script to split the combined video.
i had help from the forum here. someone had a big hairy command line to do each file one at a time, totally manually. so i took that and made it MUCH more user-friendly and automated.

that's a big chunk of my day job - automation. :)

Back