Goluk T3 Review

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this comparison. I think anyone who is interested in purchasing a Goluk unit will find your efforts quite useful in their buying decision, including myself since I still have a couple of weeks durring which I could return the T2 and get the T3.

I think I'm going to keep the T2. I no longer have a nagging feeling that the newer T3 camera is a leap forward. As you pointed out, I do think the T3 has been adjusted for higher contrast and more saturated color but at the expense of producing a grainy and unnatural image. I think you could probably produce a better final image from the T2 than the T3 in post processing because of the lower grain / noise in the raw video.

I didn't notice any improvement in the low light video and I didn't see anything related to the so called licesne-plate detection feature. I really didn't see anything from the image stabilization either although you appear to have a pretty smooth road/car.

I really wish they would include some very basic image control functions on these units to allow the user to tweak the raw video. They really don't appear to fully optimize these cameras to their full potential. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from these types of devices.

Again, thank you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this comparison. I think anyone who is interested in purchasing a Goluk unit will find your efforts quite useful in their buying decision, including myself since I still have a couple of weeks durring which I could return the T2 and get the T3.

I think I'm going to keep the T2. I no longer have a nagging feeling that the newer T3 camera is a leap forward. As you pointed out, I do think the T3 has been adjusted for higher contrast and more saturated color but at the expense of producing a grainy and unnatural image. I think you could probably produce a better final image from the T2 than the T3 in post processing because of the lower grain / noise in the raw video.

I didn't notice any improvement in the low light video and I didn't see anything related to the so called licesne-plate detection feature. I really didn't see anything from the image stabilization either although you appear to have a pretty smooth road/car.

I really wish they would include some very basic image control functions on these units to allow the user to tweak the raw video. They really don't appear to fully optimize these cameras to their full potential. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from these types of devices.

Again, thank you.

No problem!

The T2 is definitely a good performer, it's just really up to you if you want a battery (T1/T2) or a capacitor (T3) dash cam from Goluk. You're right that they don't have any image control, but from an average consumer stand point, how many will actually go in the settings to adjust the exposure, white balance, etc.? I believe not many will do so, as long as it's just simple and straightforward to use for the average consumers.

I updated my 1st post with my conclusion, wrapping up this review/comparison; but I will also post my conclusion here since it might be easier for some to just read it at the current last post.

-------------------------------------
Alright, time to wrap this up, as I think I had enough time to do a decent comparison with the other dash cams I currently have. For the price of $99.99 retail, the dash cam have pretty decent quality for day and night. It is quite comparable to other dash cams around this price range with a good parking mode that records 8 seconds before motion/impact detected and 8 seconds after, which I would think it is similar to Korean dash cams (have yet to test one though…).

As I mentioned in the Goluk T1 review, the app is pretty simple and straightforward to use, as there aren’t too much to mess around with and it’s pretty self explanatory. The newest firmware update (including T1, T2, and T3) seems to allow user to disable motion detection parking security mode and have the option to just turn on impact detection to record in parking security mode. This is a great option for those who just want impact detection instead of motion detection also, as motion detection do fill up the memory card quite fast with small 16 second clips in a busy parking lot environment.

The remote, depending on the user, it might come in handy to save a 12 or 30 second clips at 480p or 1080p for sharing or to go back to the file and find the full clip easier. When pressing the button, the dash cam will record 6 (or 15) seconds before pressing the button on the remote and 6 (or 15) seconds after. It will save the video clip to the folder “Wonderful” and is accessible through the app or by taking the memory card out and viewing it on the computer. It seems to be made for sharing video, as it seems quite popular in China.

I have yet to test the dash cam with a 128gb or higher. Only tested it using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra and there are no settings to change the recording time of 3 minute per clip, but that is ideal for most.

For design, my view still stands as this dash cam isn’t stealthy in terms of color options. I do like that it is a cylinder design, similar to Blackvue dash cams; but just wish Goluk went with a black color scheme, so it’s less noticeable.

Overall, the dash cam is pretty decent with the video quality compared to others I’ve tested, just that the daytime video is a bit too saturated and grainy. For the price of $99.99, this is a good buy for those who want a dash cam with parking mode and does a pretty good job during day and night.

Hi there, I have a question regarding the parking mode feature.

Do you require the Goluk Voltage Regulator (incl. in the hardwire kit) for the parking mode to work? Or would it work fine if I plug it into the cigar outlet of a Blackvue Power Magic Pro for example?

Thanks!

No problem!

The T2 is definitely a good performer, it's just really up to you if you want a battery (T1/T2) or a capacitor (T3) dash cam from Goluk. You're right that they don't have any image control, but from an average consumer stand point, how many will actually go in the settings to adjust the exposure, white balance, etc.? I believe not many will do so, as long as it's just simple and straightforward to use for the average consumers.

I updated my 1st post with my conclusion, wrapping up this review/comparison; but I will also post my conclusion here since it might be easier for some to just read it at the current last post.

Alright, time to wrap this up, as I think I had enough time to do a decent comparison with the other dash cams I currently have. For the price of $99.99 retail, the dash cam have pretty decent quality for day and night. It is quite comparable to other dash cams around this price range with a good parking mode that records 8 seconds before motion/impact detected and 8 seconds after, which I would think it is similar to Korean dash cams (have yet to test one though…).

As I mentioned in the Goluk T1 review, the app is pretty simple and straightforward to use, as there aren’t too much to mess around with and it’s pretty self explanatory. The newest firmware update (including T1, T2, and T3) seems to allow user to disable motion detection parking security mode and have the option to just turn on impact detection to record in parking security mode. This is a great option for those who just want impact detection instead of motion detection also, as motion detection do fill up the memory card quite fast with small 16 second clips in a busy parking lot environment.

The remote, depending on the user, it might come in handy to save a 12 or 30 second clips at 480p or 1080p for sharing or to go back to the file and find the full clip easier. When pressing the button, the dash cam will record 6 (or 15) seconds before pressing the button on the remote and 6 (or 15) seconds after. It will save the video clip to the folder “Wonderful” and is accessible through the app or by taking the memory card out and viewing it on the computer. It seems to be made for sharing video, as it seems quite popular in China.

I have yet to test the dash cam with a 128gb or higher. Only tested it using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra and there are no settings to change the recording time of 3 minute per clip, but that is ideal for most.

For design, my view still stands as this dash cam isn’t stealthy in terms of color options. I do like that it is a cylinder design, similar to Blackvue dash cams; but just wish Goluk went with a black color scheme, so it’s less noticeable.

Overall, the dash cam is pretty decent with the video quality compared to others I’ve tested, just that the daytime video is a bit too saturated and grainy. For the price of $99.99, this is a good buy for those who want a dash cam with parking mode and does a pretty good job during day and night.

Hi there, I have a question regarding the parking mode feature.

Do you require the Goluk Voltage Regulator (incl. in the hardwire kit) for the parking mode to work? Or would it work fine if I plug it into the cigar outlet of a Blackvue Power Magic Pro for example?

Thanks!

I run the Goluk off my car's battery without any voltage regulator (I know it's bad... but oh well.) I would assume if you have the Blackvue PMP, it will work fine. There's really nothing require for parking mode to work, as long as it has power and it detects the car not moving after about 3 to 5 minutes of it sitting there, it will go into parking mode. Once your car starts moving, it will go back to regular recording.

I run the Goluk off my car's battery without any voltage regulator (I know it's bad... but oh well.) I would assume if you have the Blackvue PMP, it will work fine. There's really nothing require for parking mode to work, as long as it has power and it detects the car not moving after about 3 to 5 minutes of it sitting there, it will go into parking mode. Once your car starts moving, it will go back to regular recording.

Thanks for the very quick reply! And how long do you leave it in parking mode running off the battery?

Do you have any idea of the power usage when it is in parking mode as well? It supposedly takes 1 image per second until there is a movement on the g-sensor, and then it records at 30fps. Is that correct?

Thanks for the very quick reply! And how long do you leave it in parking mode running off the battery?

Do you have any idea of the power usage when it is in parking mode as well? It supposedly takes 1 image per second until there is a movement on the g-sensor, and then it records at 30fps. Is that correct?

If I drive my car daily, I just leave it plugged in. I will only unplug it if I don't plan on driving the car for 2 or 3+ days. Other than that, I just leave it in, as 1 or 2 day, my car's battery should be fine.

I'm not sure how much power it uses, as I don't have any device to measure it (maybe in the future reviews for newer dash cam, I should consider getting one...).

It doesn't really take any images at all from my understanding; all it does is buffer video recording in it's internal memory until motion or g-sensor impact is detected. Then it will automatically save the first 8 seconds of the motion/impact and 8 seconds after it in the memory card that will be stored in the folder URG (urgent).

If I drive my car daily, I just leave it plugged in. I will only unplug it if I don't plan on driving the car for 2 or 3+ days. Other than that, I just leave it in, as 1 or 2 day, my car's battery should be fine.

I'm not sure how much power it uses, as I don't have any device to measure it (maybe in the future reviews for newer dash cam, I should consider getting one...).

It doesn't really take any images at all from my understanding; all it does is buffer video recording in it's internal memory until motion or g-sensor impact is detected. Then it will automatically save the first 8 seconds of the motion/impact and 8 seconds after it in the memory card that will be stored in the folder URG (urgent).

Great, thanks for the valuable info mate! I have a T3 on order. Hopefully it'll work out fine, I'll post my feedback as well. (Although, I'm planning to wire it via a low battery protector - the Itronics ITV-80).

Great, thanks for the valuable info mate! I have a T3 on order. Hopefully it'll work out fine, I'll post my feedback as well. (Although, I'm planning to wire it via a low battery protector - the Itronics ITV-80).

No problem. Hope you'll enjoy the Goluk T3. I'm sure any battery voltage protector should work fine, I just never had one.

No problem. Hope you'll enjoy the Goluk T3. I'm sure any battery voltage protector should work fine, I just never had one.
Last question... Is there a micro SD Card supplied with the T3, as mentionned on its website?

Additionally, can you please tell me how many hours of recording fits on the 64 Gb card you tested it with? Thanks!

Last question... Is there a micro SD Card supplied with the T3, as mentionned on its website?

Additionally, can you please tell me how many hours of recording fits on the 64 Gb card you tested it with? Thanks!

I would assume so, but I didn't get one since my was a review unit that was in a Chinese box but flashed with the International/US firmware.

I'm just going to give an estimate of around 7 hours or so, since I don't have the dashcam mounted in my daily driver, as my parent is using that car that I permanently mounted it to mainly for parking mode.

I got the T3 for my car and I notice that the video does not print gps to sdcard like A119 i got for my wife. Is there a setting?
I hardwired to DRL (7.5A) but thinking of getting Vico PowerPlus for parking mode. Cannot afford Cellink B 2nd Gen but if I could, none of the car fuse between 15A and 20A are a switch. They all constant power. Per Cellink rep, they told to connect to at least 15A fuse.

iPhone 7 connect to T3 is a pain. Sometime it works perfectly and other time it cut off.

Thanks

I got the T3 for my car and I notice that the video does not print gps to sdcard like A119 i got for my wife. Is there a setting?
I hardwired to DRL (7.5A) but thinking of getting Vico PowerPlus for parking mode. Cannot afford Cellink B 2nd Gen but if I could, none of the car fuse between 15A and 20A are a switch. They all constant power. Per Cellink rep, they told to connect to at least 15A fuse.

iPhone 7 connect to T3 is a pain. Sometime it works perfectly and other time it cut off.

Thanks

To my knowledge, I don't think the Goluk T3 have built-in GPS. It is relying on your phone's GPS when the app running, but I don't think it saves the GPS coordinates.

I'm sure any hardwire battery kit should be fine with this dash cam. I'm didn't really experience much connection issue with the T3 when using my iPhone 6 Plus.

About 80% I had to force close the app or did a Forget Wifi network then reconnect. Then it works. I thought T3 can live stream maybe per advertisement or live to Facebook but I see no where to do live stream. Besides wifi connection b/t T3 and iPhone 7 (latest iOS), everything works good and video quality is good.

Question: In order to use this feature, Parking Security
Parking security: After the vehicle's ignition is off, the Goluk T3 will switch to parking security mode. If motion near your car is detected, T3 will lock 16s video to your SD card.

Can I use Vico PowerPlus?

I don't understand the quote above: Does it mean if no motion detected, T3 will be in standby?

Question: In order to use this feature, Parking Security

Can I use Vico PowerPlus?

I don't understand the quote above: Does it mean if no motion detected, T3 will be in standby?

I would think you can use the Vico PowerPlus, as long as there's power to the Goluk T3, it will work fine.

If there's no motion around the car, it will continue to buffer record (not saving files to the memory card until motion detected); once motion is detected, it will save the first 8 seconds of the detected motion and 8 seconds after, creating a 16 second clip.

The Goluk does not continuously record in parking mode; only when it detects motion or impact, and then it will save 16 second video clips for that event.

I would think you can use the Vico PowerPlus, as long as there's power to the Goluk T3, it will work fine.

If there's no motion around the car, it will continue to buffer record (not saving files to the memory card until motion detected); once motion is detected, it will save the first 8 seconds of the detected motion and 8 seconds after, creating a 16 second clip.

The Goluk does not continuously record in parking mode; only when it detects motion or impact, and then it will save 16 second video clips for that event.

You know how to remove their logo from video? I see no where in setting. Also, I see no Live Stream either. I contacted them but no reply.

You know how to remove their logo from video? I see no where in setting. Also, I see no Live Stream either. I contacted them but no reply.

I don't think there's a way to remove the logo from the video if it's not available within the settings. Live stream? You're not able to get live video from the camera when turned on? That's weird... I didn't have any problem using my iPhone with it.

Hi,

I have T3 hardwired and connected to Cellink Battery B 2nd Gen. In T3 setting, what is the different between Parking Sleep Mode and Parking Security Mode? I know only one can be enabled. When I park at 5pm and came back 6pm. A car park in front of my car move out but dashcam did not record it. Is my setting wrong? Cellink Battery was fully charged. See picture of my current setting.

v7qlfn.png

The latest firmware update has removed the Goluk stamp on the video recording. LG G4 running Android 6 connects easily to the dash cam via what appears to be WiFi Direct.

The latest firmware update has removed the Goluk stamp on the video recording. LG G4 running Android 6 connects easily to the dash cam via what appears to be WiFi Direct.

Not true for iPhone. I have the latest firmware for T3 (T3U_V1.1.0126.0196). There's no where to disable Goluk logo.

Back