help with SD card!

RicPlot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me.

Bought a DDPai Mini 2. Very happy with the camera so far.

I firstly used a Sandisk 16gb Clss 10 and it worked perfectly.

I needed to expand the capacity so I bought a Samsung EVO+ UHS-I 128GB microSDXC U1 Class 10:
  • Card Type microSDXC
  • Capacity 128 GB
  • Speed Class 10
  • UHS Speed Class U1
  • Interface Speed UHS Class I
  • Read Speed 80 MB/s Maximum
  • Write Speed 20 MB/s Maximum
I did struggle to format it by eventually I made .. problem is that of all the video saved, only few can be read.
Also there is a lot files on a folder called "TEMP" which again cannot be read ( see the screenshot below - all the files without images cannot be opened).

I don't really understand if it is a problem of SD Card or the camera itself.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for your help.

image upload

From the VERY little I know about how these things work it is the sd card, most likely counterfeit I just had the exact same problem with counterfeit Lexar 633x, same exact boxes came up etc, there are shed loads of duff/counterfeit sd cards on ebay and other selling sites unfortunately.

From the VERY little I know about how these things work it is the sd card, most likely counterfeit I just had the exact same problem with counterfeit Lexar 633x, same exact boxes came up etc, there are shed loads of duff/counterfeit sd cards on ebay and other selling sites unfortunately.
Thank you for the reply. I will look for a new card then.
Any advise on the brand/type and also where to buy it?

I am not familiar with your particular make/model of cam, or whether it is fussy about card brands, my thinkware won't work on anything I have tried so far other than thinkware, maybe see if there is a separate section on this forum for your brand and work from there or before buying try other peoples different makes of card so you don't waste money, my favourite sd card has to be samsung evo and pro, but I can't say for defo if they will work in your cam, that said I think most cams are fine with most cards and the thinkware F770 is very well known for being a ball ache for non thinkware branded cards, I don't think any/many other cams are fussy like this, it might pay to spend a little more and buy from a well known retailer when buying and maybe not online sites

I am not familiar with your particular make/model of cam, or whether it is fussy about card brands, my thinkware won't work on anything I have tried so far other than thinkware, maybe see if there is a separate section on this forum for your brand and work from there or before buying try other peoples different makes of card so you don't waste money, my favourite sd card has to be samsung evo and pro, but I can't say for defo if they will work in your cam, that said I think most cams are fine with most cards and the thinkware F770 is very well known for being a ball ache for non thinkware branded cards, I don't think any/many other cams are fussy like this, it might pay to spend a little more and buy from a well known retailer when buying and maybe not online sites
Thnk you. I eventually bought a new 64gb Kingston Class 10 card as mentioned on the forum. This time, not from eBay... fingers crossed

Ok. I got a Kingston 64gb card. It seems to be working well now. The only weired thing I have noticed is the huge amount of videos saved on a folder called "Temp" ? They pretty much take all the available storage in the card. Does anyone exprience the same issue?

Ok. I got a Kingston 64gb card. It seems to be working well now. The only weired thing I have noticed is the huge amount of videos saved on a folder called "Temp" ? They pretty much take all the available storage in the card. Does anyone exprience the same issue?

Did you manage to find out why there's a lot of files in Temp folder? How many hours of videos are you able to store in the 64GB card?
I am facing the "SD card error" problem now - looks like DDPai wants users to do a research on SD cards and try their luck by buying different brands and keep fingers crossed until the device finally starts working with one! Paid 70 USD for this camera, but it feels like DDPai has just given me a free unit out of their beta1 program.

Hello friend,

I am Jobby, the sales manager from DDPai, firstly we apologize for the problem you encountered, however, you could get considerate suport through 2 official channels:
1), support@ddpai.com
2), fabiohe@163.com for Amazon seller "Winpal"

I am sure that you could receive reply from both of them quickly and professionally.

Back