Next Viofo Cam

“The best thing about getting older is… nothing.....
I would disagree with that. The best thing about getting older is that you are getting older - much better than the alternative.

Thank you, @Gabacho !
@DT MI : I agree with you but I will add that depends on how are you getting older. I see no point in getting older if this comes with severe illness and poverty.
@Viking : I think that now Stallone changed his mind and would give other answer since he accepted Jesus in his life.
I wish all of you to get older but in good health!

Last edited:
Any reports on how the new WR1 Cam is going?

There must be a few sold by now. Feedback on how it is going, and what you think of it would be appreciated

I've been looking carefully at all the photos of the WR1 from various angles and I don't see a slot for a memory card. There is no mention of card capacity on the Viofo web site and so far there has been no discussion along those lines.
Does this camera even use memory cards or is it WiFi file transfer only?

I've been looking carefully at all the photos of the WR1 from various angles and I don't see a slot for a memory card. There is no mention of card capacity on the Viofo web site and so far there has been no discussion along those lines.

supports up to 128gb, I think you can't see a card slot as the pictures on the website etc are 3D renders rather than actual photos, at a guess the real photos weren't ready in time to be updated on the website

supports up to 128gb, I think you can't see a card slot as the pictures on the website etc are 3D renders rather than actual photos, at a guess the real photos weren't ready in time to be updated on the website

OK, thanks. Just wanted a clarification. Even the exploded view on the web site doesn't show where the card might go.

Edit: Where's the slot?

OK, thanks. Just wanted a clarification. Even the exploded view on the web site doesn't show where the card might go.

at a guess (no idea if the exploded view is accurate) it might go in at the top, I'm sure one of the guys that has one already could clarify and possibly take some better photos

Edit: Where's the slot?
Sits directly next to the USB power input socket on the top side where the mount is. Let me know if you want a photo.

187_clara_peller.jpg

Where's the slot?

Phil

(added) I guess nobody remembers Sara "Where's the beef?" Peller :(

Last edited:
Memory card slot is next to USB port and it supports up to 64GB ( by user's manual ).

Thanks guys.

Yeah, it didn't make sense that the camera wouldn't use a memory card but there was no indication from the graphics or any other typical source . For example, looking at the Viofo web site the information provided about the WR1 is fairly sparse compared with other models.

WR1.jpg A119S.jpg

WR 1 has a super capacitors and Sony IMX 323, G-Sensor & Motion Detection.Records in 1080P 30fps, 720P 60fps and two lower resolutions ( not worth mention ), NO screen, dont know about GPS and CPL support.

WR 1 has a super capacitors and Sony IMX 323, G-Sensor & Motion Detection.Records in 1080P 30fps, 720P 60fps and two lower resolutions ( not worth mention ), NO screen, dont know about GPS and CPL support.

Thanks @sone983. I'm considering purchasing one of these so it's good to have as much info as possible. Maybe Viofo will add to the product description on their web site as the product roll-out progresses a bit farther?

Sits directly next to the USB power input socket on the top side where the mount is. Let me know if you want a photo.

You know, a photo would be much appreciated. I'm considering one of these as a rear facing cam in my pick-up truck and ease of card access up near the headliner might be an issue because you wouldn't really be able to directly see the memory card slot.

Very slightly tinted in the rear glass. Has never been an issue to date. Why do you ask? Is there something I need to know?

nothing negative, the Sony sensor will work well behind tinted glass, will be a good choice for that application I would think

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W WR1 48
W WR1 0
Yooshaw WR1 3
J WR1 4
J WR1 5
Back