JooVuu X two years later

.....I used the AUKEY car charger, and performance was better than with the original JooVuu GPS power cable....

Could it be a power thing after all?....!!

In my experience, defective, inadequate or unstable power supply is nearly as common cause of problems in dashcams as a defective, fake or under-spec memory card.

I used the AUKEY car charger, and performance was better than with the original JooVuu GPS power cable....

Could it be a power thing after all?

IMHO, the included JooVuu X GPS power supply is junk. I'd like to swap it out but I also want the GPS. I'd have to hack it up to get the best of both worlds which I don't really want to do (and shouldn't have to). The radio interference is very real in my car.

In my experience, defective, inadequate or unstable power supply is nearly as common cause of problems in dashcams as a defective, fake or under-spec memory card.

I agree with my limited experience and a long time reading stuff here rarely do hardware faults get the blame

I've been driving around another day (<10 hrs) with the Aukey setup with the Kingston 128GB U3, and I did have to do a reset button action, because the green flashing, but no recording started. But other than that it just worked fine @28Mb/s mod.

I'm still not sure though how to categorize this X camera....

Can't call it super reliable....

Think I'm a skipping this one, and get me something reliable and from a good source, that DOESN'T leave us guessing....

...Think I'm a skipping this one, and get me something reliable....
If it works great when it works, but only works 95% of the time it's useless IMO.

If it works great when it works, but only works 95% of the time it's useless IMO.
The worst thing about this camera is inconsistency. There are units that work reliably for hours and then those that need reset daily.
My unit has been reliable so far running 40Mbs firmware. However, the camera is useless to me as the Android app is total garbage.

Another few days with the X and 128GB U3......

Several stop/starts also with strong and reliable aukey charger.

Multiple non starts, and several reset button actions.....

As I said, not super reliable...

:(

I was going to take mine out, but had trouble getting the super cap charged enough to keep it going while plugged in to my power bank. Been meaning to switch it over to a battery, but can't remember where the battery that might fit it is. I would love to get a hold of a Mobius2 at some point.
I do miss me some hat cam

I was going to take mine out, but had trouble getting the super cap charged enough to keep it going while plugged in to my power bank. Been meaning to switch it over to a battery, but can't remember where the battery that might fit it is. I would love to get a hold of a Mobius2 at some point.
I do miss me some hat cam

The Mobius 2 is a sad failure of a camera that, at least for now, appears to have been abandoned by the developer. I cannot recommend it after a year of testing two of them along with non-public beta firmware sent to me by the developer .

The Mobius 1 makes for a great hat cam, get one of those. I used the slide-on cradle with the tripod socket insert removed and some Dual Lock tape. I then have some dual lock on top of the brim and below the brim of a black baseball cap, so with the Mobius' ability to flip the image horizontally, I can use it in two different hat cam modes. The lens options on the Mobius further enhance hat cam options.

Last edited:
The Mobius 2 is a sad failure of a camera that, at least for now, appears to have been abandoned by the developer. I cannot recommend it after a year of testing two of them
It is saddening to hear that. Just recently getting back in the swing of things. I seen the 2 had H265 encoding and got excited. I guess i'll have to grab a 1 at some point.
Thanks for letting me know.

Ditto on what Dashmellow said- the M2 is a dead dud. and the "X" cam is a disappointment for many as well :(

Dreams are great, but sweat is what turns dreams into reality and there's not one drop of perspiration to be found here
:rolleyes: Veni, Factum est, ut valeant elemo :mad:

Phil

Dreams are great, but sweat is what turns dreams into reality and there's not one drop of perspiration to be found here
I recently backed a project on Kickstarter and have been watching those failed project videos on YouTube. Your post reminded me of them for some reason.

I recently backed a project on Kickstarter and have been watching those failed project videos on YouTube. Your post reminded me of them for some reason.

there's a lot of dreaming on Kickstarter, want to be successful there, forget about the product, just be really good at marketing ;)

there's a lot of dreaming on Kickstarter, want to be successful there, forget about the product, just be really good at marketing ;)
Sounds about right. I've been getting back into retro gaming and seen the Dreamcade Replay on Kickstarter for 100 dollars I figured it would be worth a shot seems powerful enough to handle a lot of stuff.
I wish I could afford a GPD XD, but they are a little out of my price range at the moment.

I feel like Im still waiting for that lost child who I hope may turn up someday without behavioral issues :D

Maybe,.. but in my case, I have a steady power from a Vicovision Battery power management system to which my Joovuu is connected and I have the recommended SD card. And it still has stability problems and would stop recording on its own. I happened 3 times today while I was driving to work. This camera's firmware has some serious issues.

Man,.. the worst one for me was the Holographic Display project, Holovect. I reaally had my hopes up to see cool holographic displays in my lifetime. He's been un-responsive for months. Makes me really sad sometimes when I think about it.

Back