WHERE IS VIOFO

cascagrossa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@viofo.

where r u so u can reply in public to all of my comments about ur cameras?

oh... and by the way... do you remember that you were giving away CPL lenses to certain members for testing?
that was the message you sent privately to me.
I hinted to u in my very very first post yesterday about the frozen screen... dont worry... i figured it out myself... other retailer and manufacturer helped me... NOT YOU.

where is the CPL FILTER sitting after about one year since you told me that you will be sending for "selected customers'?

come on out and lets talk in public after being ripped off by you.

that's how I feel right now.

Due to busy for new projects, not have more time to check the forum daily.

Maybe we forgot to send CPL to you, we will PM you.
We have been sold the CPL more than 6 month, no plan to offer free samples now.

@viofo...

I politely started the very first thread about newly upgrades.

i was always interested in an improvement in night quality image.... instead u came up with 3 new models instead of REALLY improving ur first A119 version image quality.
but no... u came up with the A119 v2 and A119 S... of course the A119 S improved... it uses the Sony processor...oh.... like the street guardian.

does it look like I really care about the CPL filter after a year?

its a matter of creating a loyal customer base for which you have a lot to learn about yet.

what do I do with the 3 cameras that i bought from u?

do u actually know how much effort u placed before i bought these cameras?
ZERO

that's what I am talking about.

this forum in the western world is the most read and reputable forum for buyers looking for a good equipment according yo what one can afford.

but no.

ur in for a quick buck IMHO.

Where is the HDR quality u promised to work on to improve on the A119 when it was launched and I BOUGHT 2 OF THEM?
where?

Last edited by a moderator:

By the way... whats the new project?

I slight firmware launch for the super new A120 Camera?

Somebody is doing his homework right?

is that it?

Where r u now Viofo?

no answer?

that's how u treat ur clients right?

its better not to engage in a serious conversation when someone exposes ur real intentions right?
u ran out of CPL FILTERS?
IN CHINA?

Did u run out of cameras too?

besides, the CPL filter for the A119 is useless.

I don't own and never will own an A119 S so i couldn't care less if the filter works for that camera.

Furthermore.

i already saw some posts that NO IMPROVEMENT in image quality was achieved in the A119 S.

Does it look like we buy a camera to see a deer in north Canada?

Careful with ur next answer to me.

u guys are nothing but a cheap manufacturer looking to make a buck in the western world..... the next dollar store of cameras that DOES NOT live by its promises.

Nuff said

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my last post for you Viofo.

for the ones reading pay extreme attention as to what this company is doing.

First of all they really need a PR person to deal with issues like this in public.

all i got was what everyone is seeing now.

sorry about the lens not being sent... interesting.

they are not selling 1 or 2 cameras a day across the world.

they are selling these things by the thousands and shipping them in full cargo containers across the continent for an end user that wants to either film the scenery on a trip or for safety reasons in an accident to prove if ur not at fault.
It does not matter the reason why an individual buys a camera.

what matters is that the company either stands by their product or doesn't.

it doesn't matter how much it cost either.
we can buy a rolls Royce or a Toyota.
they both stand by their product.

that is all.

Viofo.... I have no more words of how appreciated I am for such commitments towards ur customers (cough cough)

Sincerely

Casca

4 minutes to reply. I'm impressed.

From my experience a polite reminder to you and you do resolve the issue.

While everybody likes nearly-instant responses and service, it is unrealistic to expect that, Viofo doesn't just make dashcams but has other business interests which need his attention too. And the Chinese holiday schedule is different than the western world- several times each year all the businesses there close down for a week; one such holiday is nearing.

I know and understand your frustration- I have experienced similar with two cams and two different sellers myself. But continual bashing isn't going to male things better for you or anyone else. In fact, there are many people who will place less credence in your words for the approach you are taking here. If you think Viofo is slow, then don't buy a Korean cam or one direct from China or you'll have a heart attack from the stress in dealing with them :eek:

Phil

While everybody likes nearly-instant responses and service, it is unrealistic to expect that, Viofo doesn't just make dashcams but has other business interests which need his attention too. And the Chinese holiday schedule is different than the western world- several times each year all the businesses there close down for a week; one such holiday is nearing.

I know and understand your frustration- I have experienced similar with two cams and two different sellers myself. But continual bashing isn't going to male things better for you or anyone else. In fact, there are many people who will place less credence in your words for the approach you are taking here. If you think Viofo is slow, then don't buy a Korean cam or one direct from China or you'll have a heart attack from the stress in dealing with them :eek:

Phil
+1

Slow reply?

did u see my first original post asking a question and getting no answer whatsoever?

except as the usual members Jokiin and capture your action?

yes.. for sure i am bashing... why am I bashing.

U go hunting for deer and u have to aim precisely to have a non suffering kill of the deer.

they manufactured 4 different cams in less then 1 year... did u ask urself why?
why not make a good hardware and software w wise camera and improve it from there?
its called market manipulation.

by the way ... I am not impatient atm.

I was actually polite in my very very first post after one year... where is the image improvement promised to be worked on the A119?
do u see it anywhere?

do u think that i come in public simply to bash/
for what?

am I a child playing Lego?

I spent over 400 bux in 3 cams of theirs alright?
dont patronize me...

read first before u make an uninformed comment

P.S. are they going to refund me that money now? 3 cameras men.

how many do u have from them?

Besides who is criticizing where they are made?

I couldn't care less where they are made as long as the manufacturer is serious about their product.

did u ever buy anything from harbour freight men?
check that one out.

i dont think that Viofo is as big as harbour freight.

Oh sorry ... their cargoes and Freights are really good atm with 4 different cameras available to sell in 4 continents

Last edited:
you know what .

to each his own..

what is really starting to be childish from my end is to try and open people's eyes as to what is really happening with these promises from Viofo.

have a good life.

nobody is perfect but there is a fine line between ignorance and idiocy.
and by the way... "Insanity is to do the same thing over and over again" and get the same wrong result.

i will leave that special one for u SAWMASTER.

to all good and helpful members all my best.

cheers

you know what .

to each his own..

what is really starting to be childish from my end is to try and open people's eyes as to what is really happening with these promises from Viofo.

have a good life.

nobody is perfect but there is a fine line between ignorance and idiocy.
and by the way... "Insanity is to do the same thing over and over again" and get the same wrong result.

i will leave that special one for u SAWMASTER.

to all good and helpful members all my best.

cheers
I read your posts, but I'm still not sure what you are complaining about?

It can't be the 4 minute response time!
It can't be that they continuously improve their hardware, all good manufacturers do that.
It doesn't appear to be the lack of a free CPL; they did give out some free ones for testing but nobody would have been entitled to one, it was only a gift in return for feedback.
The only clear complaint I can see is "Where is the HDR quality u promised to work on to improve on the A119 ... where is the image improvement promised to be worked on the A119? do u see it anywhere?"
- If it was a promise rather than a commitment to a specific delivery date then maybe you are being impatient and they are still working hard to deliver it? Viofo do generally update their software when the chip manufacturers produce improved operating system software, if it requires a new SDK in order to implement it then Viofo may have been waiting as much as you have been. If you really wanted night performance then maybe you should have waited for the A119S version, it was known about when the A119 was launched.

You need to be clearer about your problems or nobody is going to be able to help or have any sympathy!

All I see is a someone slagging off someone else.

You're first post IMHO was not polite.

You still CHOSE to buy 2 more Viofo brand dashcams.

If you had a grievance after the first one, why on Gods earth did you buy two more? There's other vendors and brands out there.

How many customers do you think Viofo as a company AND Viofo as a forum user on here has to deal with? be it complaints or other requirements?

I don't work for Viofo so I'll solve YOUR issues while he deals with all his customers and complainants that deserve his assistance (because honestly, YOU don't)

The reason the A119 isn't as good as the 3 newer cameras is because the NEW IMPROVED ONES COST MORE, You weren't asking for problems to be fixed you were asking for extras you haven't paid for, and if you bought them years ago for a price that could have got you a better cam if you'd waited, then that's your issue for not waiting.

that's like me buying my ps3 for £300 way back, and moaning that sony won't help me make it as good as a ps4 even though the ps4 is now cheaper.

You bought an A119 and you GOT an A119. As said, if you didn't like their products why the hell did you buy more? We have this novelty with dashcams, that with the help of forums like this and youtube, we literally get to try before we buy!

And as for moaning about not receiving a FREE CPL, you got your money's worth, maybe dishing out freebies to ungrateful people like you won't have been high on his list of priorities. I don't think @viofo should even give you the time of day anymore let alone any kind of response to your shocking attitude.

We are still improving the current A119.
Novatek released new SDK to support OV4689 HDR, maybe we are the first to sync the SDK.
And we are tuning IQ now, but this will take time before releasing.

Attached HDR ON and OFF comparison, obviously the car licences number is not so easily over exposed while HDR ON.
HDR Testing.jpg

Novatek released new SDK to support OV4689 HDR, maybe we are the first to sync the SDK.

Attached HDR ON and OFF comparison, obviously the car licences number is not so easily over exposed while HDR ON.
View attachment 33304
That's a BIG improvement to bring to a camera over a year after it was released

That's a BIG improvement to bring to a camera over a year after it was released

agree, there's a lot of merit in continuing to develop a product instead of constantly releasing new models just because you're trying to create some sort of market urgency for the latest and greatest when in reality all you end up with is a trail of half finished and poorly supported products, some consumers get that and will stick with it, others just follow the carrot and upgrade thinking they're getting something better, not always the case

Great, I really appreciate the continuous effort you put into this - IMO - excellent product, great additions of functionality in new firmware versions!

Also bought the CPL filter and I think it is great when properly aligned.

Keep up the good work!

Looking forward to the new update.

Back