technology cant save you from human stupidity all the time.

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
rear parking sensors, rear parking camera, clear view through the windows, still does damage. technology cant save you every time.

Well that driver do appear to be inept, trying to exit car without putting it in park at lest, and i dont even think the P brake get applied.

right hand drive here remember. that was passenger getting out.

ARGH :rolleyes: And thats why i was almost run over on the streets of Fremantle :sneaky:

that rear window became a lot clearer to see out of :D

My reversing camera nags me to check it's safe before reversing. Maybe their one lacks this critical safety feature! :oops:

that rear window became a lot clearer to see out of :D
maybe one of them new safety features they got on new cars, when you get too close to an object the window turns clear so you can see it easier, but operated too late.

That was an accident waiting to happen.
The first check is rear view mirror (FAIL).
The next is the reversing camera (FAIL).
There may have been a reversing buzzer (possible fail).

Yes the passenger got out first, but it still took a while to put it into park.......... Got back to my first line.

pics

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 19
There's absolutely no substitute for physically looking out of the window with your eyeballs to see what's behind your car. They'll never take away all windows and replace with cams, so why do people insist on not looking out of the rear glass??

Rear view cameras are there as a little extra help incase you can't see the bollard, bin, trolley, bike... CHILD!

Not to mention the obvious, even before you're in the position from where you want to begin reversing, check all your surroundings on approach, then even if you can't see it, you may be conscious of the fact that... "hold on, there were definitely 3 columns there...."

Before the "reverse round a corner" manoeuver on our driving lessons I was told to have a good look into the side street to see what's there first before pulling up and starting to reverse

any structural damage to the true support inside the green cover?

and this is a simple case of not looking.... that post (or its cosmetic cover) was a foot wide. I could probably understand someone not seeing something thin like a guy wire (though in the US, they often wrap them in thick yellow plastic to make them more visible), but a post that big? nope. no sympathy here.

any structural damage to the true support inside the green cover?

and this is a simple case of not looking.... that post (or its cosmetic cover) was a foot wide. I could probably understand someone not seeing something thin like a guy wire (though in the US, they often wrap them in thick yellow plastic to make them more visible), but a post that big? nope. no sympathy here.
Unlikely but it's possible the driver was color blind and the green pole just didn't stand out and blended into the background. Still no excuse but could be an explanation.
deuteranopia-color-spectrum.jpg

Something else I was reminded of... When it's raining, some backup cameras tend to collect water and/or mud, rendering them useless. That happens on our highlander. That's still no excuse for not looking out the back window though...

In here defense, it seems a strange place to have a support pole when she can see all the other cars are backed all the way back in. Probably just gabbing with her girl friend and didn't notice the pole, accidents do happen. :whistle::cautious:.

Back