412GW High and Low Files firmware removal

Luke9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw
I am wondering how the progress is going for the firmware to remove the high and low files. And is there an ETA? i am fine running with the high and low files, wile i wait for the firmware be realised

Many thanks for the new update that deals with the Hi/Lo files. Now that's sorted out and it works. Recorded video with no Lo res files, Great!
But what has happened to the screen saver times? There used to be about 3 settings for this. The one I used was 1minute but there was 2 other timings, so why was that taken out?

It has been on all models, other features have been added in their place.

It has been on all models, other features have been added in their place.
Hi Tiffany,
Is it possible for a list of changes in 15.9 to be posted?
Also will it still be possible to revert back to 9.5 after installing 15.9?

Thank you

It is possible to upgrade the firmware in both directions. There is still a link here somewhere to my 9.5 download on Dropbox.

It is possible to upgrade the firmware in both directions. There is still a link here somewhere to my 9.5 download on Dropbox.
Cheers, I've still got 9.5 somewhere, probably on the NAS. Have you tried it yet? Hi/Lo files seem to have gone, is that awful yellow logo still splattered across the footage?

Edit: Yes it is, with no option to turn it off... Back to 9.5 sigh!

Last edited:
Hey Tiffany thanks you for the new firmware :) there is a problem with the app though. Since i update to the new firmware the live view on the app keeps flashing like mad you cant view the live view of the camera and it makes it almost impossible to click on your videos, this is also the case on my dads one as he updated as well

Hey Tiffany thanks you for the new firmware :) there is a problem with the app though. Since i update to the new firmware the live view on the app keeps flashing like mad you cant view the live view of the camera and it makes it almost impossible to click on your videos, this is also the case on my dads one as he updated as well
I can confirm a similar issue. The screen rapidly flashes and says "please wait" with cannot connect to dash cam in the background. The dash cam itself states "connected". I don't actually use this function, just installed the app to see if there was a problem as I haven't yet reverted to 9.5

Edit: Samsung S6 Android V7.0 Brand new install of Cam Viewer.

Last edited:
I am wondering how the progress is going for the firmware to remove the high and low files. And is there an ETA? i am fine running with the high and low files, wile i wait for the firmware be realised
Hi all,
Recently purchased a 412gw and have firmware15.9 installed.It records both hi and lo res files.How do you stop it recording lo res files?
Thanks

Can you send a bug report in the App please? We can then forward to the App developer.

That will include all relevant information.

Just heard a work around - please connect to the Wi-Fi through the Wi-Fi settings THEN load the App.

It should work then, we're working on a fix for this permanently though.

Just heard a work around - please connect to the Wi-Fi through the Wi-Fi settings THEN load the App.

It should work then, we're working on a fix for this permanently though.
Hey Tiffany bad news i have tried this temp workaround dose not work. Tried it on my 412gw and my dads 412gw

Just put cam viewer back on ( I'd uninstalled it ) It's exactly the same. Cam says device connected, app says cannot connect with a flashing screen and "please wait". I'd already tried the "workaround" plus lots of other combinations... nothing worked.

Thanks for letting me know - we're just testing something else, stay tuned please.

Back