Blueskysea B1W, Xiaomi Mijia 4K, TrendVision 718GP

Cheaper = better?

Yes it seem like the B1W do really well for itself, when you can snag one of those up on those really cheap Amazon or whatever deals, going for it is extremely good value for money.
If the can make a dual channel camera and make it work as good as the B1W and priced in the same way, a lot of people will have to worry.

Yes it seem like the B1W do really well for itself, when you can snag one of those up on those really cheap Amazon or whatever deals, going for it is extremely good value for money.
If the can make a dual channel camera and make it work as good as the B1W and priced in the same way, a lot of people will have to worry.
You don't have to save money by going for the B1W, instead you could buy 2 for the price of the Mijia and cover front and back, or buy 4 for the price of the Trendvision and cover front, back, left and right.

Or you could spend a little extra and get 5 to cover the inside as well :D

You don't have to save money by going for the B1W, instead you could buy 2 for the price of the Mijia and cover front and back, or buy 4 for the price of the Trendvision and cover front, back, left and right.
Do not forget that 718th has:
-magnetic CPL-filter
-actual for Russia (& others) and twice a day updated SpeedCam
-fast mount with magnet and through power
-GPS+GLONASS
-automatic schedule DAY-NIGHT
-HDR
-resolution of 1920x1080-60, 2560x1080-30, 2304x1296-30
-screen with warning of cameras...................
You compare incomparable. This is a completely different class and functional camera.
Trendvision has been working for three full years on native batteries and pleases me.
And how much he saved my budget, even hard to calculate...)

I like all these three gadgets and everyone in my own way...

Last edited:
Separate day and night settings i think are a good idea in dashcams, not least if it is a new camera capable of doing more things.
The WDR performance of the B1W could be better as the pictures above also show, but its not a super big thing for me personally.
I have been looking for other things, like phones and so on, supporting the European GALILEO system, but support for that are still small in things, GPS / GLONASS & BEIDU are pretty much the norm today.

Speed cameras i dont care much about, they are all warned with a roadside sign here well in advance, and we only have like 10 of them in the whole country, the Danish police rely on mobile ATK vans for speed measurement, and once in a while cops with the laser speed gun.
So as a Dane you need updates live and not just 2 times every day the police with laser gun, or the ATK Vans operated by non police people are only in one place for a hour or 2 then they move on to a new location

ATK = Automated Traffic Kontrol, so you park the van, line up the cameras with the road and press the button and start making money.

CPL filter i think should be in the box with any dashcam, as a optional item it is a little bad.

And yes there are good and bad things with most if not all dashcams.

Last edited:
Speed cameras i dont care much about, they are all warned with a roadside sign here well in advance, and we only have like 10 of them in the whole country
Russia is a very big country...)
We have tens of thousands of speed measurement cameras and not only.
Therefore, such a function in the dashcams is very important for Russian drivers...

Hehe i can imagine :)

The smart day / night feature would make so much sense in a 4K dashcam, so in the day it could record fine 4K footage and at night it could bin the pixels to be more light sensitive and have a smaller resolution.

Maybe it would be better to replace some of those speed cameras with car inspections, judging from youtube dashcam compilations i have seen for years, it seem like some times a Russian car would only have 3 working brakes, and some times maybe even less judging by what the cars do when the driver hit the brake.

Russia is a very big country...)
We have tens of thousands of speed measurement cameras and not only.
I guess most know where the cameras are because when I visited Russia there were so many cars speeding all the time they couldn't drive like that for very long before getting caught, most crazy drivers I've ever seen in one place

Reactions: Mtz
I dident see much traffic when i was in Russia in 1990, but that i figure was also before most Russians could even dream of owning a car.
My most scary moment are still the taxi drive in Singapore from the hotel to the airport, not even the 10 hour drive thru Mexico to get to Mexico city and the airport there could match those 20 minutes of terror.

My most scary moment are still the taxi drive in Singapore from the hotel to the airport, not even the 10 hour drive thru Mexico to get to Mexico city and the airport there could match those 20 minutes of terror.
Did you realise that Singapore drives on the correct side of the road?

Judging only the image, B1W is doing a very good job for its price and much more expensive dashcams are poor compared to B1W. If they will release B2W, will be hard to beat the B1W image eve it will be a 2K image so maybe they will focus to add some features like GPS.

I always said that the dashcam image should be different from normal cameras, from action cameras or smartphones images. The sky does not need to be perfect blue or to see all the clouds on it for example.
For me the B1W was the first dashcam which offered a dashcam image which is focused to offer the details you need for some situation. I am not saying the B1W image is perfect but a 2K dashcam with the same style image can be better and not any 2K image with blue sky, nice grass and colors but car number plates impossible to read.

Compare a night image of a $15 CCTV camera with a night image from GoPro Hero 6 and judge which image is useful for you.

enjoy,
Mtz

I guess most know where the cameras are because when I visited Russia there were so many cars speeding all the time they couldn't drive like that for very long before getting caught, most crazy drivers I've ever seen in one place
We Russians, though accustomed to many things, but even we can not all know 50,000 cameras in all regions...)

We Russians, though accustomed to many things, but even we can not all know 50,000 cameras in all regions...)

I'm sure by the way people drive there that some drivers just don't seem to care, crazy stuff, I had a 40 minute drive from my hotel to the airport (St. Petersburg) and saw 5 big accidents on the way

Cheaper = better?

Sometimes. Of all my 1080p cams, the crispest and clearest daytime vids came from a G1W/C. Of course that one would get burned up in the car fire instead of a crappier one. With cheap cams, a lot is luck. With better cams you greatly raise the chances for good luck.

The B1W has turned out to be a very good cam, even at it's low price. It is an exception to the rule.

Phil

Back