Same Dashcam

Ravinluni

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought these today are they Nextbase 212 with a different logo ie manufactured for Voyager specs are identical just different Logo.Does anyone know if this is the case?

IMG-20181019-WA0000.jpeg

Looks like it:
Technical Enquiries and Warranty Issues:

Voyager-Systems
Unit 2 Caerphilly Business Park
Van Road
Caerphilly
Wales
CF83 3ED

Tel: 02920 866 429

Yeah,£19.99 each reduced from £39.99 bought from Aldi Ashton in Makerfield today.

That sound suspiciously like the NB address K.:unsure:

Bought these today are they Nextbase 212 with a different logo ie manufactured for Voyager specs are identical just different Logo.Does anyone know if this is the case?
[jest mode]
Dunnow, but I bet their picture is more in focus than yours.:ROFLMAO:

Ah no, it's camera shake. You must have a dodgy mount.
[/jest mode]

After some Sherlock it looks like Voyager branding is only for the 212. My guess is excessive stock that needs shifting. Given the lack of GPS probably not that popular ?

No GPS!Wouldn't of bought if i had known.....Doh!

I posted no GPS after viewing some online clips to see how good they were. None of the Voyager clips had any GPS location stuff at the bottom.

I'll double check .......

...... no mention of GPS in the manual or the manual sample screenshots.

They sound ideal for a rearview solution given the price.

GPS is not compulsory for the sale of a dashcam you know. Cheaper ones don't have it, as you have found.

No. It is not a satnav. I don't know of any dashcams that are a satnav. They are dashcams, designed to take videos of where you are going and are not designed to tell you where to go.
Having said that, there are some satnavs that have a dashcam capability.

So GPS isn't essential when buying a Dashcam?

Only if you want to know the exact time and location of any incident, and to prove that you were not moving, or how fast you were going at the time etc.
Without GPS you only get a recording of what happened.
With GPS you get the following information as well as the video.
GPS Time
GPS position (This can be played out on a map with the NextBase (and other) software.)
GPS Speed

Created specifically for Aldi, Voyager is a brand that we also trade under.

DVD players mostly but the opportunity came with Aldi.

They were an absolute bargain at £19.99, we (Nextbase) do offer a 212G now online with some retailers BUT its considerably more than £19.99.

Thanks,Tiffany had seen them previously at £39.99 in store and did online search to confirm were identical.Forgot all about them, £19.99 a month later couldnt turn em down bought two.

I agree. If I wanted a rear cam it would be easier to plug into the boot power socket, if you have one, than trailing a wire through the headlining.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
152bobby Nextbase Other 3
AnthonyH Nextbase Other 1
M Nextbase Other 22
Kremmen Nextbase Other 1
Kremmen Nextbase Other 31
Back