Just ordered the A119 V3 - any must do's for settings?

nagooro

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just placed an order for the V3. Any settings/features I should be changing out of the box?

Do they typically come with a micro sd card? or have to purchase one on your own?

Just placed an order for the V3. Any settings/features I should be changing out of the box?

Do they typically come with a micro sd card? or have to purchase one on your own?
Update the firmware to newest, set the time/time zone, maybe enter in your car/car plate number if you think it's necessary.

You'll need to buy your own micro sd card; I would suggest an "endurance" one from Samsung or Sandisk.

Thanks..anyone know how many hours of footage would be stored in a 128gb SD card before looping and overwriting? (@2560x1600 res)

In my case the 3 minute video files are 583Mb (~194 Mb per minute).
My SDCard is 128Gb
A 128Gb card will typically have about 119Gb useable space.

The maths is 119,000 / 194 = 613 minutes = 10hrs 10mins (ish)

I have turned off protected files so I have the full capacity available.

In my case the 3 minute video files are 583Mb (~194 Mb per minute).
My SDCard is 128Gb
A 128Gb card will typically have about 119Gb useable space.

The maths is 119,000 / 194 = 613 minutes = 10hrs 10mins (ish)

I have turned off protected files so I have the full capacity available.
Thanks, I think 128gb is what I will get as well. Is yours a high endurance? or just a regular? and what brand?

Was planning on getting a 128gb card from costco (Sandisk). Im iffy getting a high endurance one from amazon, lots of fakes reported.

This is what I've had for ages now and it's never missed a beat :

Scan sell genuine Samsung cards. I'm not sure there are any high endurance U3 cards out there yet but I haven't looked for ages. Ebay and Amazon marketplace are littered with fakes and Sandisk seem to be the prime target so buyer beware.

I advise against doing any firmware updates on any new product until you first ensure that it's functioning as intended with the supplied firmware. If a problem arises it will be easier to deal with this way. After you know that it's running sweetly then do the update ;)

I didn't follow my own advice and bricked a new cam by attempting an update prior to testing. It is what the manufacturer and everyone else said to do and nobody else had any problems so I figured I was safe. Without knowing if the cam was right to begin with nobody could determine exactly what was wrong, and the usual fixes didn't work because of that.

Phil

The most important setting is High Bitrate 1440p if you want the best picture. A good quality SD-Card as all above recommend. A GPS is a requirement if you do not want to set the clock every so often. The GPS syncs the clock with the satellite when a signal is found so should always show correct time if you have set the time zone.

Back