Did anyone buy the U1000 4K yet who can share their experience?

did you have a thinkware before and if so how does it compair to this one?

did you have a thinkware before and if so how does it compair to this one?
No Thinkware DC before. Used iTracker for multiple years, tried Blackvue and now i'm running the U1000.
Blackvues overall quality is better. Build quality is on another level and i had less problems with their app. Both have good front cam footage, but personally, i liked the Blackvue rear cam more. No comparison to the iTracker (front only :) )

I just bought U1000 and everything works fine but only thing I can’t figure out how to access live view and when I’m not next to car. I did connect wifi and hotspot when In iPhone Thinkware cloud app and when I’m not next to car it can’t locate the car on the map.

I just bought U1000 and everything works fine but only thing I can’t figure out how to access live view and when I’m not next to car. I did connect wifi and hotspot when In iPhone Thinkware cloud app and when I’m not next to car it can’t locate the car on the map.
Hello There, Please ensure that the Network Function Settings have been enabled. As long as the Dash Cam is connected via Hotspot while you are away, you will have access to the Cloud Features Screen on your smartphone.

Hello There, Please ensure that the Network Function Settings have been enabled. As long as the Dash Cam is connected via Hotspot while you are away, you will have access to the Cloud Features Screen on your smartphone.
I understand that but I can’t be connected to hotspot if I take my phone away with me. That only works if I the phone is in the car.

BE89E48E-38BA-4238-97FD-BA71CFBBE205.jpeg
In case anyone is interested in measurements: ambient temp around 25C, 16-18C on the glass. Hotspot on the camera case measured at 56.5C, actual chip temp likely higher.

Also, 2CH power came in at 5.3W normal recording and 2.9W timelapse. 1CH timelapse was 1.8W

For the price point I am not impressed. The Viofo A129 Pro seems to be better both in video and Price. Hoping that someone will do a comparison between the two dash cams.

I have to agree with SR14626. First of all the video quality is not fantastic, and it should be, at this price point.
The rear cam cable is thick and of low quality, Monoprice makes way thinner cables for example and they cost $10.
I am annoyed by the Wifi Hotspot sticker on the box because it's deceiving, implying the camera itself is a hotspot.
Last but not least, I am slightly taken aback by the manner in which user Thinkware Dash Cam posts here, but that could be just me.

For the price point I am not impressed. The Viofo A129 Pro seems to be better both in video and Price. Hoping that someone will do a comparison between the two dash cams.

Actually the Viofo A129 Pro has a better 4K image quality than the Thinkware U1000.

But getting the U1000 is more for the overall features like the ADAS, true parking mode, smart camera alerts, cloud, etc. Not just for the 4K image quality.

If the better image quality is your priority then the A129 Pro is the go-to choice. U1000 is more for the overall features I mentioned above.

I managed to snag one from Best buy and here's my first impressions.

It does come with hardware kit and 12V cigar adaptor.

The video quality is very good. You will need to download a different codec to view it.

the 4K/2K combination eats up memory space quickly. A 32 GB card can only store ~ 60 minutes of video. With only 128 GB A1 U3 card support, it might be annoying to some.

It’s about 18GB/h dual channel, so a 128GB gives about 7hr of continuous recording. That’s not too bad imo, it’ll be good for much longer in timelapse parking. 128GB on the A129 Pro should result in about 4-5hr of continuous, downside of higher bitrate.

It’s about 18GB/h dual channel, so a 128GB gives about 7hr of continuous recording. That’s not too bad imo, it’ll be good for much longer in timelapse parking. 128GB on the A129 Pro should result in about 4-5hr of continuous, downside of higher bitrate.

Keep in mind that Thinkware partitions the cards based on the type of recording you choose as priority. Depends on setting, you might only be able to allocate 75% of a 128 Gb card for continious recording and others are reserved for other things (incident recording, manual recording, parking mode,...etc).

I should be getting my u1000 front only camera this week from @BlackboxMyCar and trading in my q800pro. I’ll be using my a129 pro as a dedicated rear camera since I can’t get it to stay on during summer months. My f800pro and q800pro have no problem recording during normal driving and parking mode parked outside in direct sunlight. I would love to try other 4K dash cams, but they all seem to suffer from thermal shutdown. I may bite my words here since there hasn’t been any real heat testing of the u1000.

i will be taking a pass on this, the reason i went thinkware was stabiltiy before form factor. If they would have engineered the camera like the blackvue with a more compact design which you could use in any country that would have been an A++. The U1000 however is a step in the wrong direction, its impossible to find a good place to put this in the car without it standing out like a brick glued to a windscreen

i will be taking a pass on this, the reason i went thinkware was stabiltiy before form factor. If they would have engineered the camera like the blackvue with a more compact design which you could use in any country that would have been an A++. The U1000 however is a step in the wrong direction, its impossible to find a good place to put this in the car without it standing out like a brick glued to a windscreen
I think there’s a reason why Thinkware cameras are designed the way they are. Simply put, it works. I’d rather have a crappy looking camera that works 100% of the time rather than an “engineered” sleek looking camera that fails every time weather gets over 90*F. I’m sure Thinkware’s design is engineered to continuously work in any condition. I’ve had all of my premium dash cams go into thermal shut down except my Thinkware cameras.

Have you tried mounting the u1000 in your car yet? I’m able to hide my q800pro quite well in my small suv behind the dot matrix on the front windshield. I’m sure I’ll be able to hide my u1000 as well when it gets here tomorrow.

Also, what countries are prohibited from having a dash camera stuck on the front windshield?

Back