Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

You really want to continue belaboring the dropped/duplicated frame glitch?

In this particular instance, going off topic has been oddly welcome after nearly eight months of increasingly pointless discussion.

Or we can focus on the fact the A129 Pro has its own set of problems, too. So here in the A129 Duo forum, we're not alone.

https://dashcamtalk.com/viofo-a129-pro-duo-4k/

@jokiin You said in the past Street Guardian doesn't try to include as man features as Viofo. Do your cameras suffer any known faults or outstanding bugs? Or do you guys resolve issues pretty quickly?

What features does Viofo include that you don't support on the Street Guardians?

Or we can focus on the fact the A129 Pro has its own set of problems, too. So here in the A129 Duo forum, we're not alone.

You've been a member here on DCT for just shy of a year now and the vast majority of your numerous posts have consisted of complaints and grousing about what amount to essentially minor and inconsequential faults you find with the Viofo A129 series of cameras, all the while periodically impugning Viofo because they don't drop everything they are working on to immediately address your demands to address your individual concerns. And at the same time you malign anyone who may not necessarily agree with you or share your level of umbrage about these allegedly crucial problems and bugs.

Rather than incessant kvetching and fault finding with Viofo and their products, why not just move on to another brand of camera at this point as most any other reasonable person would likely have done by now if they are as unhappy with their purchase or the manufacturer as you seem to be.

Obviously, we know that's not likely to happen because whinging is clearly the raison d'être for your presence here on DCT.

Last edited:
Who are the "Kardashians?" I honestly don't know because I gave up on all forms of commercial TV over 5 years ago. What little of TV I see is in passing by someone elses's set, or small parts of a sports event. What little of TV I see disgusts me for the most part nowadays and it seems I'm not missing anything of any value at all by avoiding it.

As best I can discover, more of the modern Gypsies come from Moldova than Romania, and the EU nations are not always liking what happens when they move into their area. Their ways of life and rules for living aren't often a good fit in other places with different cultural norms. I won't judge people for being different as long as they grant me the same courtesy for being who I am and do not cause trouble for good people.

Somewhere out in Cyberland there sits a pair of shoes with the front of one toe completely worn out. That shoe smells heavily of long dead horseflesh. On the forum where the horse can be found there have been no reports of it moving since it fell there.

Phil

So here in the A129 Duo forum, we're not alone.
Indeed the A129 is not alone. As I said earlier, all cameras are fallible.

Most of the dashcams I have used have 'known problems', including the A119, A129, A129 Pro, GitUp F1, GitUp F1C, Mobius 2, Mobius Maxi, B1W, B2W. That doesn't stop me from using them. I don't expect those issues to be fixed either - it would be nice if they are, but I won't hold out for a fix or keep complaining about them.

Last edited:
Still a bad analogy.

Who watches their recorded dashcam videos while driving?

Hell, the majority of users only view their recorded videos only after an incident.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
recommended for Uber driver!

People don't always have screen timeout set and could be watching their camera periodically to ensure it's properly recording. Taking their eyes off the road for a brief moment. I have mine set to screen timeout, but periodically hit the button to turn on screen, and spot check it's recording.

And you shouldn't be constantly looking at your Dash, but looking forward. Other than to briefly check your speed on newer vehicles, eyes should be front and center.

Ultimately, both problems (Camera Dropping / Duping Frames + Dash Flicker) would be a software or hardware issue. Whole point of my analogy.
most people comment aginst you they benefit from a dash camera industry as retailers, resellers, testers so they will keep attacking you, thank you for your standing for real consumers.

Who are the "Kardashians?" I honestly don't know because I gave up on all forms of commercial TV over 5 years ago. What little of TV I see is in passing by someone elses's set, or small parts of a sports event. What little of TV I see disgusts me for the most part nowadays and it seems I'm not missing anything of any value at all by avoiding it.
much the same, have barely seen any TV for about 12 years now, was weaned off it when I was living in China as there was nothing worth watching anyway, anytime I do see it now I know I'm not missing much

@jokiin You said in the past Street Guardian doesn't try to include as man features as Viofo. Do your cameras suffer any known faults or outstanding bugs? Or do you guys resolve issues pretty quickly?
we don't add functions that we know don't work correctly, some bugs are easy to resolve, some can take months of work, nature of the beast unfortunately

You have a point regarding where opinionated, uninformed people get their information but in fairness to @Protecties he didn't really assume anything. He provided good information and encouraged a Google search to learn more.
I understood that. I merely tried to tell him why many people do not know certain things. And people from US know little about countries/people in Europe and vice versa.

I understood that. I merely tried to tell him why many people do not know certain things. And people from US know little about countries/people in Europe and vice versa.

I'm not so sure you can generalize quite so broadly about what people on either side of the Atlantic know or don't know another one another or where they get their information. Most people are not perennially glued to reality TV programming as their primary source of information about the world.

As for the people who do not know certain things, that seemed to be exactly the point of @Protecties post.

Last edited:
most people comment aginst you they benefit from a dash camera industry as retailers, resellers, testers so they will keep attacking you, thank you for your standing for real consumers.

WTF is a "real consumer"?

Beta testers comprise only a tiny fraction of the dash cam purchasing public and the vast majority of buyers (none of them actually) would ever spend a year agonizing over something as trivial as a few dropped or duped frames. In fact, they are very likely not even aware of the problem, nor would they even care if they were. Certainly, retailers and resellers have hardly been "attacking"anyone here and no one other than HonestReview has engaged in any form of name calling such as addressing someone who disagreed with him as an "A-hole".

Only the hardcore enthusiasts and fanatics who spend more than half their waking hours on this forum analyzing and debating the finer points of this technology would be concerned about a random dropped or duplicated frame and even then most of us wouldn't continue harping about it month after month. Most of us who have been using dash cams for a long time are primarily concerned with camera reliability and capturing high quality actionable video evidence. Even people new to dash cams (the "real" consumers?) are primarily concerned with the same things.

The notion that a random missing 30th of a second frame here and there (or any frame rate), or (heaven forbid) a doubled 30th or whatever of a second of video is reason to engage in such a foofaraw becomes more and more ridiculous the longer it goes on.

Last edited:
WTF is a "real consumer"?

Retailers, resellers and testers comprise only a tiny fraction of the dash cam purchasing public and the vast majority of these buyers (none of them actually) would ever spend a year agonizing over something as trivial as a few dropped or duped frames. In fact, they are very likely not even aware of the problem, nor would they even care if they were.

Only the hardcore enthusiasts and fanatics who spend more than half their waking hours on this forum analyzing and debating the finer points of this technology would be concerned about a random dropped or duplicated frame and even then most of us wouldn't continue harping about it month after month. Most of us who have been using dash cams for a long time are primarily concerned with camera reliability and capturing high quality actionable video evidence. Even people new to dash cams (the "real consumers"?) are primarily concerned with the same things.

The notion that a random missing 30th of a second frame here and there (or any frame rate), or (heaven forbid) a doubled 30th or whatever of a second of video is reason to engage in such a foofaraw becomes more and more ridiculous the longer it goes on.

Again.. I'll point to the fact this thread DIED 2 DECEMBER, 2019....Until SOMEONE ASKED A QUESTION. I answered. The rest of you decided to chime in and get your panties in a twist.

Enough said. I'll let you use the page << button to figure the rest out on your own.

Personally, I don't give a damn what Viofo does or does not do. The thread and their response to complaints speak for itself on how quickly complaints are addressed. Click on the "Known Bugs" for the A129 Pro.

End Topic.

we don't add functions that we know don't work correctly, some bugs are easy to resolve, some can take months of work, nature of the beast unfortunately

What functions have you deemed "unreliable" and avoided? I guess that's my question.

Again.. I'll point to the fact this thread DIED 2 DECEMBER, 2019....Until SOMEONE ASKED A QUESTION. I answered. The rest of you decided to chime in and get your panties in a twist.

Enough said. I'll let you use the page << button to figure the rest out on your own.

Personally, I don't give a damn what Viofo does or does not do. The thread and their response to complaints speak for itself on how quickly complaints are addressed. Click on the "Known Bugs" for the A129 Pro.

End Topic.

This so called "Dead Thread" theory is simply a red herring HonestReview. You would have us believe that your 41 contentious posts to this thread since December 2 somehow don't count but that "the rest of you decided to chime in"? Really?

The simple fact of the matter is that you've been complaining about the A129 and its variants and arguing with people almost since you first signed up as a member on DCT. The point where you decided to reengage with the issue in this particular thread is irrelevant, not to mention your remarks elsewhere on the forum.

This so called "Dead Thread" theory is simply a red herring HonestReview. You would have us believe that your 41 contentious posts to this thread since December 2 somehow don't count but that "the rest of you decided to chime in"? Really?

The simple fact of the matter is that you've been complaining about the A129 and its variants and arguing with people almost since you first signed up as a member on DCT. The point where you decided to reengage with the issue in this particular thread is irrelevant, not to mention your remarks elsewhere on the forum.

English must not be your first language.....

Espanol - El sujecto es no mas. Estamos terminados.
Svenska - Vi är klara nu

French? Italian? The subject is dead.

So, 43 posts from you now since December 2nd in your so called "dead thread". :smuggrin:

Can't wait to see what sort of complaint or personal attack you decide to launch next. Surely it won't take very long until that happens. Countdown clock has started. ;)

Last edited:
Indeed the A129 is not alone. As I said earlier, all cameras are fallible.

Most of the dashcams I have used have 'known problems', including the A119, A129, A129 Pro, GitUp F1, GitUp F1C, Mobius 2, Mobius Maxi, B1W, B2W. That doesn't stop me from using them. I don't expect those issues to be fixed either - it would be nice if they are, but I won't hold out for a fix or keep complaining about them.

I think I've been lucky I've only had issues with my A129 and the interference issues with the B1W.

It does seem technology is getting less reliable, or maybe it's because we are more aware of issues!

I remember hearing about a bug in the wifi chipsets that are used in the main gaming consoles and the steam link device.

The chipset manufacturer fixed the issue, and many of the console manufacturers updated their firmware but I don't think Valve ever updated the steam link devices because they were phasing them out (At least I never found any information anyway)

I think I've been lucky I've only had issues with my A129 and the interference issues with the B1W.

It does seem technology is getting less reliable, or maybe it's because we are more aware of issues!

I remember hearing about a bug in the wifi chipsets that are used in the main gaming consoles and the steam link device.

The chipset manufacturer fixed the issue, and many of the console manufacturers updated their firmware but I don't think Valve ever updated the steam link devices because they were phasing them out (At least I never found any information anyway)

Technology isn't less reliable, just more complicated. Look back at computers in the 1980s and most were dos based or used very simple gui's. Even in the 1990s, most computers were capable of playing basic games, word processing, and later on web browsing.

Today, computers are integrated into everything and expected to perform far more complex tasks.

1. Smartphones
2. Navigational Systems
3. Manage and handle safety systems on vehicles

etc etc.

With so many moving parts and components working together, there's bound to be hiccups. And as consumers, we hope manufacturers address those concerns.

Back