Just ordered a Viofo A119 v3

@ursamajor hopefully you did not block the microphone with your finger while doing that test,,,, that would be embarrassing :)

@ursamajor
Finally what do you want? What is the purpose of these posts? If this camera doesn't suit your room, turn it over ( seems that already done ) and take another model. The 4th camera will follow, obviously with other problems to complain about!

Reactions: Mtz
You can hear my voice exactly at the same level I talked on Viofo's Mic.
Yeah, exactly the same voice. Ha. Ha. Ha. Exactly! On the Viofo video you are talking normally and on LS video you are yelling trying just to prove you are right. Second, on the LS audio you can hear a lot of static electronic sound because of electronics PCB. The sound from your LS is higher volume but the quality is poor because is full of noise, that is a horrible sound. The Viofo sound is lower volume but is quality.
Again, the only valid comparisons between 2 dashcams are only when recording exactly at the same time. Any other comparison have 0 value. Otherwise you are wasting our time just because you have a fight with a seller.

the manufacturer replaced the microphone with another one available in this pandemic, or from other causes
I didn't know that @kamkar is working in a Viofo factory so he knows the microphones are replaced because of pandemic. If Viofo A119 V3 is made in Denmark, then should be a good dashcam, better compared to one made in China. Kamkar, did you saw when employers replaced the microphones? Because if somebody is reading ursamajor post they believe that for sure the microphones were replaced with ones with lower quality to cheat the Viofo buyers.

Kamkar, I know you have many dashcams and you have some experience with Street Guardian. Can you please make a sound test with your voice, speaking normally at about half meter from 2 cameras, one to be SG and one to be Viofo? 10 seconds are enough, recorded at exactly the same time. I am curious to hear if your dashcams have the same static electronic noise like I hear in the LS sample and also if Viofo have a lower volume compared to SG. I am asking you because I know you are correct.

The 4th camera will follow, obviously with other problems to complain about!
This is exactly I wanted to say too. He wants to buy cheap models but to work like he imagine. Xiaomi was a cheap camera, Viofo A119 V3 is the cheapest Viofo. High standards for less money.

enjoy,
Mtz

Your reasoning is full of logical fractures, fabricated/invented premises and ill-will.
Yes the voice is the same (loool, of course, it's my voice), but the volume is extremely low, compared with the other camera. And, by the way, it's not the LS camera (I linked what camera is), but, of course, you not even read my posts... You invent what test you want without, at least, listen my RAW samples recorded at normal voice speaking, where the sound is almost absent. And it's not something subjective, but it's analyzed with a sound software, Audacity (see attachements). In fact, you could make the analysis of RAW fragment by yourself, if you would be a fair guy, but your purpose in this thread is... dubious.
In fact, I don't even care about what interest you have to make this masquerade, as long as the seller admitted that there are problems with this batch. ;)

I didn't know that @kamkar is working in a Viofo factory so he knows the microphones are replaced because of pandemic.

He just supposed what might be the cause, at least he had good willing. ;)

PS: Indeed, you had right when you said some people grow older in a bad manner and I agree. That's exactly what you showed me by all your posts here.

Last edited:
Though I insisted on replacing my camera with a fully functional one, the reseller (Viofo.ro) insisted on sending my money back. I don't get his reason, but, after this experience, I don't recommend buying from him.
So, I have my money back and I ordered another Viofo A119V3 from another reseller, because I really want this camera. I hope I'm not unlucky this time. I keep you posted. ;)
Have a good solstice and Jupiter-Saturn conjunction day! :D

It is a good camera but it does seem like there are some iffy ones :(

I can't complain at all about mine

I thought that the microphone being replaced was just speculation and not fact ?

And reading the sellers replies, he didn’t mention all his stock being faulty, the OP assumed this, the seller basically stated that what he has in stock will perform the same therefore will not meet your expectations?

And reading the sellers replies, he didn’t mention all his stock being faulty, the OP assumed this, the seller basically stated that what he has in stock will perform the same therefore will not meet your expectations?
Indeed, seller stated that all the stock could not meet my expectations, but without testing (my) faulty camera. I supposed that if, as the seller said, all the cameras sound the same as mine, then it means it's a batch with problems, because mine is for sure defective.
On the other hand their "beta tester" urgently gone (it is a coincidence?) ;) to the reseller and as far as I see/hear in the videos the tested camera is OK. The sound is loud and clear, even the bass sounds OK. They should have tested my faulty camera, because in 19 december it was already returned and it arrived to the reseller. See here.

Excuse my poor english...

You're English is fine :)

I supposed that if, as the seller said, all the cameras sound the same as mine, then it means it's a batch with problems, because mine is for sure defective.
I think some sellers just don't like dealing with people who return things, they prefer just to return the money and let some other seller deal with you, so I don't think that speculation is valid. The speculation about a different source of microphones was based on the whole batch being defective, so is also quite likely not valid. We do not know what has actually happened, and never will, it is all speculation.

Highly likely your next one will be decent, especially if you test it in the car instead of the living room.

Excuse my poor english...
This is an international forum, we get all forms of English, no need for anyone to apologize, as long as they make the effort to post in some form of English.

Highly likely your next one will be decent, especially if you test it in the car instead of the living room.
I agree with everything you said, except for this. The sound should be AUDIBLE even tested in a room. The camera I had did not give me such a sound level to be considered compliant. It was clearly defective. Believe me, I'm not newbie in video and sound matters.

The sound should be AUDIBLE even tested in a room.
Yes, I am just making the point that in my experience cameras that have good sound in the car are quite often disappointing in the living room, I don't understand why, they do still work, just not as well as I expect, so if it still has trouble hearing the TV, do give it a test in the car. I agree that the one you sent back did appear to be faulty.

I didn't expect HiFi quality from a DVR, but at least to hear the normal human voice w/o screaming. As I showed in the Audacity test, the sound curve of the original sound was... all flat.

Right, you've heard mine in the car and you accepted that the volume was fine.

What I've just done is plugged it in indoors, into a wall socket so it powers up and records normally, and performed a series of voice tests at about the same distance that my car speakers are from the unit, just under a metre/yard.

I spoke the numbers 1 to 9, each one raised from the previous. 3 was probably normal and 9 was bellowing at it.

The bad news for the returned unit is that even my 'bellowing' when I got to 9 was not as loud or clear as the car. Numbers 1 to 4 were almost non existent.

So, the advice above to have tested it in the car is 100% valid. These units do perform far better in the car, for whatever reason.

Laws of physics don't change in the car. ;) The other cameras I have perform equally in the room and in the car. I doubt Viofo's break the laws of physics.
Can you upload your test file? Or at least analyze it with Audacity. Let's see the real level of sound in your recording, is it as flat as in mines?

Romanian proverb: "when a child throws a stone into the pond, 10 adults struggle to remove it"

Reactions: Mtz
I've since deleted it.

All I can say is what I found, I'm not taking any sides and just telling it as it is.

If you don't believe me then fair enough.

So thats why some guy in eastern Germany bitch slapped me for throwing big stones in the Rostock harbor when i was visiting as a child in the late 70ties,,,,,, the guy did turn a bit red in the face and walked away when i started to speak Danish to him,,,, i assume setting off alarm bells as i was a child of a visiting high ranking communist from Denmark.

This was before i taught myself German as a kid.

Back