70mai A800 Discontinued

SuMMoN

Reaction score
Country
Timor-leste
According to the well-known Dashcam Seller from Thailand, 70mai A800 was discontinued due to the price hike of chipsets, especially HiSilicon SoC.

70mai will source SoC from another company and name the new revision A800S for clarity. Specs except SoC should stay the same and rear cam of A800 should compatible with A800S.

Whether video quality or price of A800S will stay the same or not we would need to wait and see. (I think it will increase, other brands in Thailand saw price increases already)

https://fccid.io/2AOK9-A800S

Maybe it is a Novatek chipset, but they use their own customized stamp.

Rather unusual for so new a camera to end so quickly :( I know nothing of processor pricing but if one chip-maker has has to raise their prices the others may have to do the same, and that wouldn't be good for dashcam buyers :eek:

Phil

Yes a bit weird, but it might have been a fast and prudent reaction to some issue.

so, i guess thats why there is this new A2500 and A2800 beta test ongoing.
and the A2800 is likely the A800s

Or you know, to quickly disassociate themselves from Huawei or end up in some ban-list somewhere.

Yes, it is sigmastar, the team is from MSTAR.

Stay away, is all I can recommend. I was so hoping that I could finally brag about Made in China for once, but there seems still some ways to go ...

Stay away, is all I can recommend. I was so hoping that I could finally brag about Made in China for once, but there seems still some ways to go ...

DDPai is made in China and I brag about it all the time, $55 with parking mode, GPS logging.

I hope Banya Tech will manage to do it better this time with A500s and A800s cams as their older Mijia Dash Cam 1S based on a similar chipset was not impressive at all in terms of image quality.

Reactions: Mtz
On feb 18th i asked 70mai if they support 1fps parking mode, and today they replied, yes 22 days to reply, i have already bought viofo from china and have it sat here quicker then a simple reply from 70mai, anyway this was the reply ,,,,Thank you for reaching out to us. Of course the new update A800S support parking surveillance function with hardware kit. , can anyone confirm this, as the price is very good, and my brother is after some, cheers.

Maybe it is a Novatek chipset, but they use their own customized stamp.
Hi, is nobody checking Aliexpress messages, 3 days now I reported an order with missing items, and they are still unread, thanks.

Back