Files out of sync

Mikey161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

When I download my files from the sd card to my laptop they are not in sync. I tend to get some recent files - then it jumps back to older files and then new files once more, and so one -

I would just like to have all the files in date-time following on from the previous one - hope this makes sense

Advice needed please

TIA.

You probably have a time issue, the time /date on the files are those correct ? if there is a problem with the RCT battery that save the date / time the camera will revert to some default time/date, so if it do that you start from X default date/ time every day / drive. and then it get to be a right old mess.

Check your file display options in Windows to be sure they're set by time, not favorites. Just went through similar this morning on W8.1 when I bumped my mouse button accidentally :eek: Took me a while to figure out why this machine went bonkers once again :mad:

Phil

Check your file display options in Windows to be sure they're set by time, not favorites. Just went through similar this morning on W8.1 when I bumped my mouse button accidentally :eek: Took me a while to figure out why this machine went bonkers once again :mad:

Phil
Hi Phil

When you say Windows I assume you mean on my laptop? If so how is this done?

Hehe i just got a new mouse last night, or more actual i got the replacement for the not cheap mouse i got a few months ago along with the new keyboard.
Nice to have a fully functional scroll wheel again.

When you open a folder in windows with files, you have some options along the top as to have to have those files displayed, you can select the size of the icons but you can also choose how the files are filtered sorted.
sotering.jpg

This is windows 10 on my computer, but i think it is the same on at least the 2 previous models of windows.

I just found out that the setting you choose at least for how the files in that folder are sorted only apply to that one folder, so this are not a global change if you do it like i display above.
I have no idea if there is somewhere in windows where you can choose the same for all folders.
I was looking for what the default method are in windows, i think it might be sorting files by name but i am not sure, anyway you can play with this to see if you get a result you like.

But i dont think this are your problem, seem highly unlikely you would have made a change to this filtering setting for your computer, so my guess is it is your ( nextbase i assume ) camera that are acting up

Hi Phil

When you say Windows I assume you mean on my laptop? If so how is this done?
Just
When you open a folder in windows with files, you have some options along the top as to have to have those files displayed, you can select the size of the icons but you can also choose how the files are filtered sorted.
View attachment 55115

This is windows 10 on my computer, but i think it is the same on at least the 2 previous models of windows.
Thanks for this. I am in the UK - this is in a different language! ;)

The its your VPN that fool me, but even in English windows 10 it is the same place to look i think the layout are the same, i am just not aware what those things are called in the English version.

Vis = view
The highlighted "store iconer" = the section where you choose the size of the file icons displayed, i use large icons / "store ikoner" as that also give a preview of the file and the icon itself are not too big.
The highlighted " grupper efter" are the sorting section, i assume it is called sort by in English, here you can sort / filter by Name - Date - Type - Size - Length ASO, this is where you might want to try other settings if Phil are right.

Back