Start Selling A139

I don't think there are notifications of parking events- I don't recall seeing or hearing anything from the cam. It can be a handy feature but like any detection-based parking mode in any cam I prefer the absolute capture of low-bitrate or time-lapse parking recording myself. With a large enough card I'm sure to see any damage in time to find it before it's over-written. This even with the near-perfect all-cam motion detect of the A139 which I can recommend for those who like doing it that way.

The more you ask of a cam, the more it will cost and the more work the processor will have to do. After reliability I think the most important part of a dashcam is video quality and Viofo does that better than anyone, so I'll accept not having all the "bells and whistles" you might find in feature-rich cams like Blackvue and Thinkware sell. The A139 is a mid-priced cam so you can't really expect it to do what those cams will since it costs so much less. Every dashcam is a compromise in some way but this one seems to be the perfect compromise to me, giving the best of what you really need even if it doesn't do everything that some people want it to do. IMHO there is no better 3-channel cam out there today than the A139 :)

Phil

Yeah you do / will probably get false notifications when you get back to your car, and for me at least that would also be okay as i would expect the G sensor to be so fine tuned, that a boy racer or biker with their loud vehicles passing buy would set off a G sensor event.
But this kind of smart in a camera is what i would like now, there are many other forms of smart on some cameras i have no need for at the moment.
And some kind of notification telling me " you might want to take a walk around your car" or " you might want to check your parking footage when you get home",,,,,,, cuz why would you do it right then and there in the parking lot.
CUZ even if something happened and the person doing it are still parked right there, i might want to not have a physical confrontation right there,,,,,,, even if i in my old days have become pretty confrontation seeking.

I have also requested that maybe for use with always record low bitrate just have the G sensor trigger a pic taken so this could act as a marker to where a event have happened.

Of the 2 - 3 channel systems i have tested with a Uber / lyft functionality if you like ( having a interior camera ), the A139 is by far the best design, and the image quality are also not bad at all.
I would consider the A139 even better if it had the traditional wedge shape ( narrower ) as this would appear even smaller in my car as i have most of the camera on the dotted ares, but then as the A139 are a bit wider than the traditional wedge cameras, what peek out below the dotted area are also wider and so more noticeable.

BUT ! these are little things and i do still consider the A139 in the A segment when it come to stealth,,,,,, though as always this depend on the install options in a given car, so another camera / shape might be better for other people and their car.
Stealth wise i have the A+ segment as the optimal, this are most often very stealthy cameras such as the new remote systems with small camera units on a wire, and no main unit on the windscreen.
Even if in my car with the dotted area in front of the mirror this matter little and a conventional dual system can have just as good stealth.

Last edited:
Yeah you do / will probably get false notifications when you get back to your car, and for me at least that would also be okay as i would expect the G sensor to be so fine tuned, that a boy racer or biker with their loud vehicles passing buy would set off a G sensor event.
But this kind of smart in a camera is what i would like now, there are many other forms of smart on some cameras i have no need for at the moment.
And some kind of notification telling me " you might want to take a walk around your car" or " you might want to check your parking footage when you get home",,,,,,, cuz why would you do it right then and there in the parking lot.
CUZ even if something happened and the person doing it are still parked right there, i might want to not have a physical confrontation right there,,,,,,, even if i in my old days have become pretty confrontation seeking.

I have also requested that maybe for use with always record low bitrate just have the G sensor trigger a pic taken so this could act as a marker to where a event have happened.

Of the 2 - 3 channel systems i have tested with a Uber / lyft functionality if you like ( having a interior camera ), the A139 is by far the best design, and the image quality are also not bad at all.
I would consider the A139 even better if it had the traditional wedge shape ( narrower ) as this would appear even smaller in my car as i have most of the camera on the dotted ares, but then as the A139 are a bit wider than the traditional wedge cameras, what peek out below the dotted area are also wider and so more noticeable.

BUT ! these are little things and i do still consider the A139 in the A segment when it come to stealth,,,,,, though as always this depend on the install options in a given car, so another camera / shape might be better for other people and their car.
Stealth wise i have the A+ segment as the optimal, this are most often very stealthy cameras such as the new remote systems with small camera units on a wire, and no main unit on the windscreen.
Even if in my car with the dotted area in front of the mirror this matter little and a conventional dual system can have just as good stealth.

Still haven't ordered as hardwiring kit not yet available on Amazon. Plus price for camera went up again (sale ended).

Question (sure it's been answered but this thread is super long).

What is the recording quality of the 3 channel camera? Are all cameras recording at 1080p in 3 channel mode?

no front are always 1440p
not even sure you can set it to lower if you wanted to.

I am contemplating picking up the HW kit and external microphone later on, on a side note it seem like winter are over here soon, next week should be high one digit + temperatures and next weekend maybe even two digit + temperatures.
Installed the cabin camera today waiting in line at the car wash, the rear camera i will attempt to install some time next week.

I have studied my headliner, and will route rear camera across it instead of along the side of the car.

no front are always 1440p
not even sure you can set it to lower if you wanted to.

I am contemplating picking up the HW kit and external microphone later on, on a side note it seem like winter are over here soon, next week should be high one digit + temperatures and next weekend maybe even two digit + temperatures.
Installed the cabin camera today waiting in line at the car wash, the rear camera i will attempt to install some time next week.

I have studied my headliner, and will route rear camera across it instead of along the side of the car.

So 1440P (2k) front 1080P Interior and Rear?

1080 for the two "lesser" cameras

1080 for the two "lesser" cameras
But with the IMX291 sensors in those and apparently very good lenses too, they perform much better than most 1080p cams do especially at night :cool: IQ can't be compared by resolution numbers alone ;) Only the viewing of the images tells the whole story.

Phil

But with the IMX291 sensors in those and apparently very good lenses too, they perform much better than most 1080p cams do especially at night :cool: IQ can't be compared by resolution numbers alone ;) Only the viewing of the images tells the whole story.

Phil

Same sensor as in the A129 Duo.

Yea it would be a great feature and I'm boggled by the fact that viofo would not have implement this function. Maybe someone who owns a parking lot can tell us more.

SDK's for programming cams are something like a menu in that you're given a list of choices, and you can't choose what's not there. So the option for notification of a parking event may not be there, or may not be available when you choose some other function. I really don't know what the SDK allows with this cam, but it would be a nice feature if it can be implemented without causing any other problems (y)

Phil

I think viofo held back on the talk, which is good as i dont like cameras that talk too much, the K2S system for instance also say something if GPS come and go, and as i recall it also say if the G sensor are triggered and it create a event.
Of course the K2S are a remote system so you might not be able to see any LED's on the main unit, and so some talking or audio signaling are good.
But yeah. things are not as strait forward as i would like.
I am sort of hoping someone will make a Android camera, or some other thing that free up what people can do both in the code and with the resources.

I think we'd all like to have a full slate of choices to get our cams to do what we want (and not do what we don't want) but that would be a Herculean-sized task. We've seen plenty of cam development happen here where adding a choice or feature screws up something else :eek: so it's not as simple as it might seem to be for the casual user.

Phil

I think viofo held back on the talk, which is good as i dont like cameras that talk too much,
Yes, seems about right, normally you don't hear anything other than the start recording message, don't want to hear false alarms when I get back to my car. If it has detected a major impact then it could speak up, but then it probably doesn't need to!

Yeah it is a bit catch 22.
I am sure that getting a G sensor MSG every time i got back to the car would rapid make me stop getting out of the car and walk around it, even if i sorely need that exercise.

Not owning the camera yet, I can't speak directly. However, I think these are concerns stemming from one point of discussion earlier. Lack of Display. Maybe Viofo did this to cut down on heat being generated. Maybe they did this because it was more cost effective. Either way, without a screen to visibly see what's going on, the reliance is then on audio cues.

As we all know, teathering a phone to the "Wifi" decreases the bitrate and impacts performance. So usage of a phone for a screen isn't a solution. Therefore, I think Viofo might need to ask it's SDK developer to allow for more audio cues when necessary. I.E. Event Detected While Parked or something along those lines.

As we all know, teathering a phone to the "Wifi" decreases the bitrate and impacts performance.
I don't think that is true on the A139, although it isn't going to solve your issue anyway.

I don't think that is true on the A139, although it isn't going to solve your issue anyway.

Easily tested. I believe you have the A139 on hand. Tether phone while recording. Compare bitrate to video while tethered to normal video while not.

I'd be interested to see results.

I am sort of hoping someone will make a Android camera, or some other thing that free up what people can do both in the code and with the resources.
been done already, didn't sell well and has gone from the market already

Easily tested. I believe you have the A139 on hand. Tether phone while recording. Compare bitrate to video while tethered to normal video while not.

I'd be interested to see results.
Yes, easily tested, but I don't need to test.
The question is not what it does now, but what it will do once released!

Yes, easily tested, but I don't need to test.
The question is not what it does now, but what it will do once released!

Well according to Viofo, while there are modifications to the production model, I doubt they are groundbreaking. Wouldn't hurt to test now:

Why:

1. If Pre Production Model doesn't lower bitrate ---> Be interesting to see if Production Level Model resudes bitrate
2. Vise Versa.

Back