COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here are actually calling in if they have been assigned the Moderna vaccine, they want the other one as the PB one are more popular,,,,,,, so i can not say Danes are any smarter than just about anyone else.
And i think there are no scientific word on any of those two should be better than the other.

You should have plenty of locally produced AZ by now...
Since you will only accept foreign produced Pfizer, of course there is a shortage...

I'm not sure what the actual situation is, but you do seem to have been going rather slowly on the basis that you didn't need to go fast because your quarantine was working. Now you are relying on track and trace to keep delta under control, which is very borderline at the moment, track and trace will fall over if cases increase a little more.
If there were plenty of vaccines available we wouldn't have the current lengthy delays that there are, I think a lot of the noise about this is to avoid the government having to talk about how many times they've messed things up along the way, our PM flip flops from one excuse to another on a daily basis, when he's not MIA at least, he seems to disappear when there's plenty of heat, he's a repeat offender though, was the same during the floods, the fires etc so it's not unexpected

I saw something in the news a few days ago, some said the vaccine situation in AU was like some Hunger Games movie.

The morning news today featured an absolutely appalling story about a scam in India where thousands of people paid for a Covid vaccination that turned out to just be a saline injection. It is hard to imagine more callous, monstrous and inhumane behavior perpetrated on your fellow citizens motivated by greed and personal gain.

So much for the oath these people took when they became medical professionals!

"We have arrested doctors," he added. "They were using a hospital which was producing the fake certificates, vials, syringes."

Thousands thought they were getting the Covid vaccine. They were injected with salt water instead

Very sad. It's difficult with some to get the message across that if payment is demanded then question it.

Yeah read about those scams in India, seem like it is not only suspect call centers out there.
It is things like that which just affirm me again and again that there is too many people in the world, or at least very many people here that it would be advantageous to take out of the equation of humanity.

On the other hand i read today there is a delta targeted vaccine on the way from PB,. but wont be here before the fall if things pan out fine.

Profiteering on life saving drugs, fake Remdisivir vials, fake vaccination drives. Vaccination drives where people were charged then then sent to centres where vaccination is free.

The 2nd wave and its aftermath has shown how some people can stoop to new lows of indifference and callousness.

I have to agree. I think they are opening up far too early with the Delta variant infections rising. I know covid deaths are at an all time low here but to open up fully with zero restrictions is asking for trouble ....... but I hope I'm wrong.
I don’t think the delta makes much difference. It clearly spreads very easily with lockdown in place. We could try and save some lives by a very strict lockdown, but it is very likely that new cases will start dropping following freedom day even with all restrictions removed, including masks..

I'm happy to see that the death rate is fairly low in the UK but the case rate has clearly gone parabolic! - 43.4371 new cases today alone!

Hospitalizations are spiking as well. + 55.9%

UKCASES.png

CASES.png

ADMISSIONS.png

Yep, that's what "Delta" does and like the original we're all going to have our turn with it :( Israel has discovered a "Lambda" variant IIRC. This is a LOOOOONG way from being over.

Phil

Pizer are already advocating for a #3 shot,,,,, of their pending delta vaccine.
Isent it nice when you can "create" a need for your product, and then have the whole world as your clients.

Is there a corona lobby ?

The data they've released here points to the majority of cases are the yet unvaccinated under 30's. They are the ones less likely to need hospitalisation. The ones being admitted are the anti-vax and a small number of youngsters who are suffering for whatever weakness they have.

As a result the Gov are continuing with their opening up policy. What I don't get is chancellor Sunak saying office workers should now go back to the office. Why ? Maybe when infections drop but why pack out trains when it's still rising.

As a result the Gov are continuing with their opening up policy. What I don't get is chancellor Sunak saying office workers should now go back to the office. Why ? Maybe when infections drop but why pack out trains when it's still rising.
I think anyone that is in a position to be able to work from home should probably continue doing that, at most just the ones that really need to be in an office initially might make more sense, just ease back into things

Currently we are still in lockdown. By freedom day the cases will be falling, at least in much of the country and the hospitals will be able to cope easily.

It is easy to argue that freedom day is a week or two too early, but it has to come sometime so the antivaxers will eventually be sacrificed, they are not getting vaccinated however long we wait for them! There are parts of the country that are already ready to open up, no part that has missed out on Delta.

With Delta, it spreads so fast that you need to look at the local graphs, not the national ones, to make predictions.

With our new health secretary, everything changed, it is now all about achieving herd immunity ASAP., not the maximum caution advocated by the medical experts/Imperial College London.

Sit it out and watch and wait.

I haven't used public transport since Feb last year and I've no intention of changing that in the short term especially when masks are not required by law.

I don't need public anyway. I only used to use it to go to Oxford Street for a bit of shopping being as all the flagship stores are there so the range is vast.

I have not used public transport since 1989.

I've got a free pass for all London, bus tube and train. I used to make good use of it but not now.

With our new health secretary, everything changed, it is now all about achieving herd immunity ASAP., not the maximum caution advocated by the medical experts/Imperial College London.
Good Lord! You might think the UK would have learned its lesson about the dangers of "achieving herd immunity ASAP" the first time you tried this?
Herd immunity approaches to managing the coronavirus crisis are a “dangerous fallacy unsupported by the scientific evidence”, a group of researchers has warned. Adopting a herd immunity strategy would not end the pandemic but rather result in recurring epidemics, according to an open letter signed by 80 international researchers published by The Lancet. The authors argue that any strategy relying on immunity from natural infections of Covid-19 is “flawed”, adding that uncontrolled transmission in younger people risks ill-health and death across a whole population.

Isn't herd immunity what Brazil came unstuck with ?

Isn't herd immunity what Brazil came unstuck with ?

And Sweden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back