Seeking a Conspicuous 4K Capacitor Battery Dashcam with Front and Rear Support

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
I'm in search of a dashcam powered by a capacitor battery, featuring both front and rear recording capabilities. I'm not interested in hardwiring or advanced Wi-Fi functionalities, but I do want 4K video quality. Preferably, the dashcam should be conspicuous rather than discreet.

Is the VIOFO A229 Plus equipped with a cigarette lighter power adapter as a standard feature, or is it an additional purchase? I noticed my A129 Pro didn't include this accessory. By the way, these videos are fantastic!

Is the VIOFO A229 Plus equipped with a cigarette lighter power adapter as a standard feature, or is it an additional purchase? I noticed my A129 Pro didn't include this accessory. By the way, these videos are fantastic!
Yes, cigarette lighter plug is standard on all Viofo dashcams, you should have had one with the A129 Pro too.
You would want the Pro if you want 4K, Plus is 2K.

Yes, cigarette lighter plug is standard on all Viofo dashcams, you should have had one with the A129 Pro too.
You would want the Pro if you want 4K, Plus is 2K.
I went with a Vantrue N4 Pro 4K as it was on sale and I’ve never had this brand before.

I went with a Vantrue N4 Pro 4K as it was on sale and I’ve never had this brand before.
I've tested two Vantrue dash cams, S1 Pro, E1.
Avoid Vantrue.
Maybe in 1.5 years they with catch up to Viofo.
They also engage in paid / fake reviews.

Avoid Vantrue.
Please clarify your statement regarding paid fake reviews.

My review of the S2 and N5 wasn't paid for and no pressure was placed on me. Both units where supplied by vantrue but so are my Viofo units except a couple I've purchased.

The way you have written your post infers anyone who has done a review is paid which is incorrect in my case.

The vantrue N4 is definitely a conspicuous dash cam. The A229 Pro isn't in comparison.

I'm in progress of installing a Vantrue N4 Pro.

It was supplied by Vantrue & there is no conditions imposed at all except that I post a review. No conditions on the review at all. They aren't even concerned if I do YT or other video, stating they'd be quite happy with a doc & pics here on DCT site.

Maybe different conditions for @safedrivesolutions because I am a noob & private rather than a pro?

I'm very happy with the behaviour & conditions from them & so far the cam is excellent. Next step is setting up the hardwire set up, then finish up the review & post it.
@Jeff_Vantrue

I'm in progress of installing a Vantrue N4 Pro.

It was supplied by Vantrue & there is no conditions imposed at all except that I post a review. No conditions on the review at all. They aren't even concerned if I do YT or other video, stating they'd be quite happy with a doc & pics here on DCT site.

Maybe different conditions for @safedrivesolutions because I am a noob & private rather than a pro?

I'm very happy with the behaviour & conditions from them & so far the cam is excellent. Next step is setting up the hardwire set up, then finish up the review & post it.
@Jeff_Vantrue
When Jeff sent it to me there was no conditions. Then someone from marketing contacted me and thats when it changed

Avoid Vantrue.

It's disheartening to see that despite having a significant number of posts on this forum, there's still a lack of credibility associated with your posts.

It's important to exercise caution when making such statements, as they could inadvertently reflect the very behavior you're attributing to others, particularly in the absence of context, references, or evidence to support your claims. Rather than potentially harming a reputation, it would be more constructive to present any evidence you have to substantiate your assertions., so please enlighten me and quote this with the facts.

This highlights the importance of substance in communication, which ultimately enhances the credibility of what you are posting - its disappointing and you need to curb your comments.

The Vantrue E2 and N5 i have / am testing have no strings, as you all know reviews are not really my alley .

I try to make this very clear when i am approached by someone CUZ i do not want them to feel cheated.
Fortunately most dashcams i have gotten over the years have been smooth sailing so not much negative to mention / make PPL aware of, there was the Zenfox T3 many of us fought with, and then i have my Kickstarter camera which i got on board with to try a smart camera, but i have now realized that will not be the camera i get to try that with.

The N5 is chugging along nicely, just like the E2 did.
The N5 might be it is not on par with the top dogs using the same hardware, but i am not personally able to say this for sure CUZ i have not been able to compare directly, so here i must refer to others that have done so.
But for me as it is, i can not mention any outright flaw with my N5, and for sure not one that is unique to the brand / model.

Actually right now the N5 is the best camera in my car, and support that might change that is dwindling so more and more free real estate on my windscreen.
Other cameras i have going is the 70mai A800S but as you all know that is a old system / hardware, then i have the little Omni too, funny thing and just 1080 but to me it seem to deliver just fine footage for what it is, i am sort of a little impressed with the OV sensor in it.
But those 2 do not compare well to a system like the N5 with at least top of the line sensor in the front camera, that at least to me is the most important one.

What is the best way to update the firmware on the N4 Pro?

When Jeff sent it to me there was no conditions. Then someone from marketing contacted me and thats when it changed
Additional information would be a lot more meaningful than vague, non-specific, innuendos. Did 'things change' for the better or worse, how, and what specifically?

I've briefly looked at the N4 Pro and a tiny bit with the N5 and so far I've liked what I've been seeing with those. Better hardware and features than their previous gen dashcams and luckily no fake 4K nonsense with those models the way they do with others. I've turned down requests for most of their models, primarily due to time constraints and/or not being sufficiently impressed by the specs. To my knowledge, I don't think I've ever gotten any requests for paid/scripted reviews from Vantrue the way I have from many other manufacturers, but obviously YMMV.

...I don't think I've ever gotten any requests for paid/scripted reviews from Vantrue...
My experience is the same. I've gotten 3 review requests from Vantrue dating back to 2018 and they've all been unrestricted. They will send the camera and I will post what I want where I want.

Back