GS800l Not recording

Bricksmasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Mobius
Hi

So I know the GS800l is a cheap entry level camera, but im not too bothered about that

I cant seem to get it to actually record any footage though, so not sure what if anything I am doing wrong.

I bought a 64GB Class 10 Micro SD SDHC Memory Card TF Flash & Adapter

It reognises the card ok and it allows me to take photos, but when I am not record setting and press the OK button or turn the ignition on, no recording actually happens, no red flashing light to indicate recording either, so not sure why the camera would work but the recording doesnt

Unless im missing something simple?

Cheers
Mark

Ok, I can now see, it does say use a card up to 32gb, so thats my mistake, but wondering how likely it is that this is the reason it wont start recording in the first place? I dont want to buy another card if it wont, as then I might just as well have bought a better camera initially lol

I do work with Novatek but don't do anything with that particular Novatek chipset but can't say I've heard of it supporting 64gb before, trying a smaller card might be the way to go

Thanks guys

Cant connect it to my PC as I dont have and SD card reader, looking about online, Im wondering if I should just buy a better model anyway being honest. But appreciate the replies :)

this model is usually reliable, just lower specification, I guess that's reflected in the price though

Ok, all i need is something basic anyway I guess, as long as things are clear on screen and I can get it working, Ill try get a smaller card first, and I did email the seller who hopefully may have another idea just in case
cheers

I've got two of these, front and back, and had a few issues. Make sure you get a "good" card, not a cheap one - I got done on a cheap one that came as a 32Gb but was actually a butchered 1Gb!!! Sandisk, Samsung, one of the quality brand.

Thanks for that, well both the seller of the card and the camera have both offered a full refund, so ill look at something better i think in tersm of card and cameras :) Thanks again

Just in-case anyone else reads this that has bought it already, these only take class 4 or 6 sd cards and need to be 32gb or below. My first sd card i used was 16gb but class 10 so it froze all the time. Once i switched to class 4 it worked

Back