£14.99 across loads of UK garages now

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I've noticed these popping up across quite a few UK garages now at just £14.99.

I've seen them down Redditch way and also as far up as Bradford in the last couple of days.

They're not the greatest but £14.99 for a dashcam while you're buying petrol doesn't seem that much in the scheme of things and I've got to admit I've seen these popping up in quite a few cars this last couple of weeks (I've seen four or five).

We also have theme here at around 20-25 Euro, but those are fake ones, not the original 207.

With low fuel prices and a saving of £15 a fill up...
Timing is everything in business ...

Expect this to be a massive catalist in UK take up..

I don't mind these, because it's a great "starter cam" just to get newbies feet wet. Once they realize it's worth investing in something higher quality for the long term, they will do more research. All google paths lead to dashcamtalk at some point so they can upgrade to a proper system in the future. Any dashcam news, is good news out there to get the word out.

I don't mind these, because it's a great "starter cam" just to get newbies feet wet. Once they realize it's worth investing in something higher quality for the long term, they will do more research. All google paths lead to dashcamtalk at some point so they can upgrade to a proper system in the future. Any dashcam news, is good news out there to get the word out.

sometimes that happens, other times the perception is all car camera are the same, this one's rubbish so they're all rubbish

putting them in the public eye raises awareness though which is always a good thing

I should clarify, 207 is not a "great" product (rubbish is more like it) but it's great to put something/anything in the hands of new people.
(so they can at least think about why they need/want one)

I'm very sure that quite a few of our customers are 2nd time buyers.

Yeah definitely a starter cam - not sure where they've got these from but they're popping up in garages everywhere - I saw two today just walking up to the local shop to grab some lunch!

They're probably not backed by warranty at that sort of price, although saying that EU law would probably kick in - they must have got these things at like 2 or 3 quid a go!

I can't see anything on the net so I'll see if I can grab a pic next time I see them (heck I'll probably just buy one to kick it's tyres!)

Actually it looks like a version of this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370823357211 - they sold almost 3000 at 12 quid a go - they are supposed to be garbage but definitely an intro to these things for sure!

Last edited:
Still for sale in Esso garages, I bought one as a backup in case I drive a car without one fitted. Not used yet but the battery happens to be the same as my back up mobile phone so a bonus point

I bought one from Ebay for about US $17. It is a DVR 207 look alike.
Video is absolutely horrible, you can only tell who is at fault. On the positive side, mine has been reliable.
It has removable battery and uses FULL SIZE SD, which I prefer over easily lost TF.
I also have a 5 yr old DVR 007 (with just an up down flip screen, non rotatable, VGA resolution) that I use for rear cam.
It has been in continuous use and never have a failure - still on the original battery too.
I just wish they would revive this cam with 1080p; full size SD, flip screen and removable battery.

I bought one from Ebay for about US $17. It is a DVR 207 look alike.
Video is absolutely horrible, you can only tell who is at fault. On the positive side, mine has been reliable.
It has removable battery and uses FULL SIZE SD, which I prefer over easily lost TF.
I also have a 5 yr old DVR 007 (with just an up down flip screen, non rotatable, VGA resolution) that I use for rear cam.
It has been in continuous use and never have a failure - still on the original battery too.
I just wish they would revive this cam with 1080p; full size SD, flip screen and removable battery.

any cheap ( "crap"?) dashcam is better than no dashcam at all !

Back