looking for tool to stitch MP4 files together correctly

brianman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for a tool to stitch the BlackVue 1min MP4 files into a single MP4 file while removing the overlap.

MP4Cam2AVI and RegistratorViewer don't deal with the redundant footage which is incredibly disorienting to watch. They just slam them together and I have anywhere between 1 and 7 seconds of redundant footage that I have to manually edit out (with Expression or whatever).

I want something automatic. Does it not exist? If not, I guess I'll start writing apps for the various app stores to address this obvious tool need.

brianman said:
I'm looking for a tool to stitch the BlackVue 1min MP4 files into a single MP4 file while removing the overlap.

MP4Cam2AVI and RegistratorViewer don't deal with the redundant footage which is incredibly disorienting to watch. They just slam them together and I have anywhere between 1 and 7 seconds of redundant footage that I have to manually edit out (with Expression or whatever).

I want something automatic. Does it not exist? If not, I guess I'll start writing apps for the various app stores to address this obvious tool need.

This seems like something that Vadim from RegistratorViewer could add in his program. Hit the about link and send him a message asking if it's possible. If all the time data is there, he should be able to auto cut/stitch a seemless clip.
http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html
yeah send him a message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out he has the feature. I doesn't work perfectly (meaning it missed at least one overlap case), but it did pretty decently.

Here was his advice that helped me out:
After you have placed your files in cropping dialog - press right mouse button
to see context menu and press "remove time intersections".

for the MAC it's xilisoft video joiner 2.. i use it all the time.. works perfectly

mollydog said:
Is there anything like that for Mac users?

Try running RegistratorViewer.exe via CrossOver http://www.codeweavers.com/

Or, install Windows 7 in VMware Fusion or Parallels.

I've seen the question asked many times and have yet to see a video merging app for Mac with GPS/Route options. (like RegistratorViewer has)

tonyg02910 said:
for the MAC it's xilisoft video joiner 2.. i use it all the time.. works perfectly

Does xilisoft video joiner 2 fix the over lap?

I am using AVS video editor. Great soft !
Go to AVS4YOU.com and you see they have a very good deal where you pay one time something like 55usd and get tons of different very useful programs from AVS.
I was using before different freeware, but as we know, most free stuff has limitations. So I dont regret paying small fee for few dozens of software. They also have trial and 30days money back guarantee.

Back