G1W-HC-T651C?

I never had any problems with my G1W-H's latchless T-bracket mount. If fitted so tightly that I doubt anything could make it slide out of the slot.

The ones I got don't inspire confidence with the mount fit; they're looser than my Spytec G1Wc latched type mount was. I made a mount for the rear cam and will shim the side cam mount soon. It is still a shorter and more rigid mount than the ball/socket type.

@Pepnyc- That was after I got it towed home; it was an accidental roasting.

@ThePro- The G1W, A118, ans B40 cams are generics- several manufacturers with several firmware variations. Unless bought from a recommended or known seller you can't be sure which you're going to get and they can vary.

Phil

Any of you guys experience the vibration issues some have reported?

Does anyone (especially @SawMaster ) know, whether against G1W-HC, it's possible to update firmware, based on G1WH firmware, or G1W-C firmware? Or G1W-HC is something completelly different?

Does anyone (especially @SawMaster ) know, whether against G1W-HC, it's possible to update firmware, based on G1WH firmware, or G1W-C firmware? Or G1W-HC is something completelly different?
The G1W-H firmwares won't work because the HC has a capacitor, the C's firmwares might not be compatible because I think the HC's mainboard is different, but why would you want to change the firmware if the one that comes with the camera works fine?

There are 3 main groups of G1W cams: The 'original' ones with a Novatek (NT) 96650processor, the "H" models with a different PCB though still using NT 96650 processors, and the 'clone' models using a GeneralPlus (GP) processor. There are also some clones using other processors. Firmware does not interchange between these groups. Within each of these are sub-groups; some NT-based cams use the NT96650 processor and some use a lesser one like the NT96220. Further division is between battery and super-cap cams, again no firmware interchanges among these. There are some known and tested firmware swaps but they may not work on every model even in a given group. And it's easy to brick your cam if you try an incompatible firmware :eek: so unless you are familiar with doing things like that using only firmware known to be swappable, it's best to stay with what you've got since most firmware is OK and there's really not much to gain here ;)

If you really need an easily noticeable improvement then you need a better cam to start with. The G1W series has grown long in tooth and there's just not much more which can be done with it. It's still a good cam for what it is.

Phil

Reactions: Mtz
I recall someone just finding yet another different processor in a G1Wx :p Got to be at least a few dozen variations of G1Wx at this point, probably double that :p The better ones are still decent cams given their price. You don't get what you don't pay for!

Phil

IThe better ones are still decent cams given their price.

indeed, they're just getting harder to find though as so many of the sellers are in the race to the bottom to try and have the cheapest one as that's obviously what consumers want :rolleyes:

Yes, but I think few trusted sellers well known here on dashcamtalk have also the good versions of G1W-#. And I am not talking about GearBest which their only God is money.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, but I think few trusted sellers well known here on dashcamtalk have also the good versions of G1W-#. And I am not talking about GearBest which their only God is money.

enjoy,
Mtz

it has become increasingly difficult to find any of these that aren't built on the lowest cost hardware version, even in the Novatek versions there are very low cost versions that are being used that are not good at all

Reactions: Mtz
The G1Wc I bought a couple years ago was a very good cam with excellent IQ under all conditions. Haven't bought anything supposed to be a 'quality' G1W since then. Does seem to be in a race to the bottom though which is a shame as the good ones are/were nice, especially for the money.

Being self-employed I understand the need for creating profit, but when your quality drops below the median you become just another turd in the toilet and someone will flush you away soon enough with even lower prices which you'll now have to compete with, lessening your profits instead of raising them :eek: Much better to let the other guys win that downhill race while you stay on top of the world :cool: I've got customers who will not use anybody else because they know for certain what they'll get from me and I've still got a pretty good profit margin year after year. Dunno where the other guys went, maybe they're working at McDonalds now- they're not out there with me anymore :p

Phil

Back